TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Valet

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by chronopc, Sep 4, 2018.

1. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

I'm going to use a valet to park my car for the first time this week. I'm curious what experience other people have had with valet service. Are people confused with how the Model 3 operates?

• Like x 1
  2. kbecks13

kbecks13 Member

Depends on where you're located, in SoCal they've already seen plenty of them and know to ask for the key card when you get out :)

3. pandam3

pandam3 Member

- activate Valet mode via the app as you exit the car... I forgot if you need to set it up first as a dirver profile
    - I’ve got a case for the card so it is not easily mixed up... got a set on Amazon... it is nice and leather and has a detacheable key ring for house keys
    - give the valet a big enough tip to keep the car up front to minimize any damages the valet can inflict... last time I did that the Valet charged me up to 80% SOC at the hotel I stayed at for free. (Well not exactly free since the tip was big enough to cover the cost of supercharging the battery at a tesla supercharger)

4. Abstrakt1

Abstrakt1 Member

not living in Cali, you spend ten minutes explaining it, they laugh like you are an idiot for thinking they don't know how to use a car and then they proceed to open the door with the emergency handle. I try to avoid it at all costs.

• Informative x 1
  5. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

It's going to be in San Francisco so hopefully the restaurant I'm going to has seen its share of Model 3.

6. Trevor B

Trevor B Member

Leave it at home, take Lyft :)

• Like x 2
  7. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

I checked the estimate and it would be $48 each way. Lol

I could take Bart and then Lyft but I rather not risk getting mugged.

8. DUBM3

DUBM3 Member

The main point is you don’t have to deal with the city’s traffic and drivers, also “drink and NOT drive”

9. devilmountain

devilmountain Member

I refuse to take BART anymore, it is filthy and disgusting. From Walnut Creek area I usually take Uber or Lyft and it is worth all the money. There is no damage to my vehicle and I can have a few drinks. I think last time I paid about 52 each way.

10. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

I'll think about taking Uber or Lyft. I'm kind of interested to see how the Valet experience is so I might take my car this time.

11. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

I ended up driving and using the Valet. I didn't have to say a word, seems like the Valet knew how to operate the car.

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 1
  12. Brenkj

Brenkj Member

I'm resurrecting this thread because I'll be valet parking with my new Model 3 for the first time tomorrow night. So is the key card basically for valet Parking (and a backup for the phone)? What is "Valet Mode"? Thanks.

13. V__2

V__2 Member

• Like x 1