TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Valet

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by Cr8it, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Cr8it

Cr8it Member

I am waiting on my delivery and thinking through questions. I tend to travel to a lot of locations where valet parking is the norm. I know the car has valet mode (which I have dubbed Ferris Beulher mode). Does anyone have any guidelines to give a valet if they are unfamiliar with the car? When ynput it in valet mode can you disable regenerative breaking?

Thanks

2. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

I really think you would want to leave regen on. More stopping power is always good.

3. scottm

scottm Active Member

Some people leave an instruction card with valet.

Suggest they back into stalls, with the reverse video as an aid. Rather than pull straight in because of long and low front overhang, easy to curb.

Tell them they're being captured on video, and the presence and state of the car are available and being shown to you on your phone at all times.

4. BertL

BertL Active Member

Simple. I have Tesla Valet Operation bookmarked on my 17" and just pull it up after placing my MS into valet mode. (I have made the suggestion in previous efforts here on TMC that were sent to Tesla, that Tesla just build in a similar set of basic instructions as a pop-up when Valet Mode is enabled.)

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  5. Cr8it

Cr8it Member

This is really an awesome suggestion.

6. Edmond

Edmond Permanon

Yep, thanks Bert.

• Dislike x 1