Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Validation Testing Fees

Kee_Chain

Apr 28, 2019
Kokomo
I have made an appointment for vibrations I am feeling while driving highway speeds. The MY is still under warranty, I got a message saying that their will be a $52 validation testing fee. The fee will only apply if the vibrations are not a warranty item. If it is caused by a warranty item, it will be waived. Because I personally do not know the issue, should I be arguing about this fee being waived regardless? Anyone with the same experience? They will have to test the vehicle for sure.

Jjrss

Mar 9, 2021
Tacoma
I have made an appointment for vibrations I am feeling while driving highway speeds. The MY is still under warranty, I got a message saying that their will be a $52 validation testing fee. The fee will only apply if the vibrations are not a warranty item. If it is caused by a warranty item, it will be waived. Because I personally do not know the issue, should I be arguing about this fee being waived regardless? Anyone with the same experience? They will have to test the vehicle for sure.
If they don't fix anything, I have a hard time paying for someone else to just put more miles on your car and deplete your battery.

Rebuttle with a $100/mile taxi fare unless the issue is under warranty 🤣

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC