Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vallejo CA Service Center?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dropped off my M-Y on 11-8-2021 to have some warranty work completed. These were all items that were documented by the Tesla Rep the day I accepted the car.
All of the repairs were for plastic trim pieces or panels, and one small paint issue on the hood. They got the car back from the body shop on the 16th (yesterday) so the paint issue should be complete, at that point it's just the plastics. I was told it would be done the same day or today. Still nothing, no updates from the shop and they close soon, but I couldn't make it there today anyways due to the distance.
Tomorrow will mark the 10th day that they have had my vehicle.
I am not at all impressed with this service facility, curious if anyone else has any experience with them?
Replacing plastic trim pieces should not require very much time, certainly not days.

Bought my car from them but I service at Berkeley. I read Yelp reviews of local service departments and they were one of the better choices I found. Not perfect but I had good communication and service from them.

Reactions: Lu-Max
Didn’t have a good experience with them as our delivery hub for home delivery in March/April. All our service has been mobile but I guess you were out of luck with a paint issue. When we had issues with ordering/delivery, we ended up getting answers through Corte Madera so that might be a better service option in the future. Or San Rafael?

I dropped off my M-Y on 11-8-2021 to have some warranty work completed. These were all items that were documented by the Tesla Rep the day I accepted the car.
All of the repairs were for plastic trim pieces or panels, and one small paint issue on the hood. They got the car back from the body shop on the 16th (yesterday) so the paint issue should be complete, at that point it's just the plastics. I was told it would be done the same day or today. Still nothing, no updates from the shop and they close soon, but I couldn't make it there today anyways due to the distance.
Tomorrow will mark the 10th day that they have had my vehicle.
I am not at all impressed with this service facility, curious if anyone else has any experience with them?
Replacing plastic trim pieces should not require very much time, certainly not days.

How did the hood turn out?

I've tried out several service centers in the Bay Area (I tend to choose the one which has the soonest appointment). I would say Vallejo has pretty good communication, it really depends on the Service Advisor that you get..

San Rafael is good as well.

Bought my car from them but I service at Berkeley. I read Yelp reviews of local service departments and they were one of the better choices I found. Not perfect but I had good communication and service from them.
I had mixed experience at Berkeley, one of the Advisors was amazing and was responsive to my inquiries while the other one flat out never responded to anything or communicated at all.

The hood paint looks good although under bright light there are hairline swirls now so it will need to be polished again before it gets ceramic coated.
I dropped off the car on the 8th and picked it up on the 18th, it took longer than I had anticipated, the estimate was for 7 business days. They did provide me with an Uber to my home and the return when it was complete (~45 miles each way).
I drove it home, parked it in my garage, and locked it. The next morning when I opened the driver's door I was greeted by both of the plastic rear hatch covers laying in the back cargo area of the car, and the back seats had flipped forward. Again, it had been sitting inside of my garage overnight unmolested. They obviously failed to reinstall them correctly. When they fell down the white, square canon plug that connects the speakers, LED, and hatch button had been yanked apart. I messaged Vallejo service and they said I could come in and have them reinstalled and have that connector checked for damage, but that is a long round trip drive of 90 miles. The representative from Vallejo said I could go to the San Rafael service center which is much closer, he would let them know I was on my way to have them reinstalled and checked. When I arrived there I was told they could not do it, they had 40 cars waiting for service and all of their technicians were busy. Quite frankly I was a bit shocked at how busy the S.R. center was. The parking lot was full, and there were two Teslas on flatbed tow trucks in the lot waiting in line to unload.
So I drove toward home with the panels still laying in the cargo area but stopped at the shop that installed my PPF and window film to have him check the hood paint. While there he checked the canon plug and then reinstalled the panels free of charge. The speakers, LED, and hatch button function normally and the panels haven't fallen off again.

Tesla-Y-After-Vallejo-27_resize.jpg

Tesla-Y-After-Vallejo-26_resize.jpg

Tesla-Y-After-Vallejo-24_resize.jpg