Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vallejo , Ca Tesla location : first ones to take delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just picked up Our new Model 3 LR from the still yet to be opened Vallejo location .

we originally had been scheduled to pick up from the Dublin , CA center which is about 35 miles away .

When we arrived we were told we were the first ones to take delivery of a Tesla at the new location.
We met the Northern California regional managers who congratulated us on our car . We took a picture with him. He stated Location will fully be open in a few weeks . Location is huge and will be show room and service center.

Attachments

• 0E62D23E-0757-48A3-AF78-3FD0031B7B15.jpeg
    0E62D23E-0757-48A3-AF78-3FD0031B7B15.jpeg
    616.6 KB · Views: 243
We just picked up Our new Model 3 LR from the still yet to be opened Vallejo location .

we originally had been scheduled to pick up from the Dublin , CA center which is about 35 miles away .

When we arrived we were told we were the first ones to take delivery of a Tesla at the new location.
We met the Northern California regional managers who congratulated us on our car . We took a picture with him. He stated Location will fully be open in a few weeks . Location is huge and will be show room and service center.

Congrats and welcome to the TMC. Enjoy your stay.

The Vallejo location is great. It is amazing the next service center to the northeast up I-80 is Rocklin.

Reactions: P-Lo801
Local newspaper article:
Tesla adds cachet, sales tax to Vallejo – Times-Herald

Tesla adds cachet, sales tax to Vallejo
E-car owners excited
By RICHARD FREEDMAN | [email protected] | Vallejo Times Herald
January 14, 2021 at 12:46 p.m.

While Elon Musk jockeys for the top spot as richest human on Earth, locals who have contributed to the Tesla founder’s bank account in their own small way can soon drive a bit less to service their car.

Tesla opens a new sales and service dealership in Vallejo on Admiral Callaghan Lane any minute and it’s all a plus, said city officials and owners of the high-profile electric vehicle.

“I am very excited about Tesla coming to Vallejo,” said Councilmember Rozzana Verder-Aliga. “It’s about time that Vallejo gets it share of this type of business. I’m pretty sure Vallejo and Solano County Tesla owners are thrilled to have this in Vallejo. It’s good to know that our city gets its market share of lucrative business.”

Tesla’s presence here “shows the community and the Bay Area that Vallejo can be a great place to locate and grow any business, including those seen as ‘premier’ brands,” said James Cooper, president and CEO of the Vallejo Chamber of Commerce.

The fact Tesla is here “should show the community the city is doing some things right when it comes to economic development.”

When Tesla’s arrival became official, “I was thrilled, of course,” Cooper said. “The Tesla brand has a strong and loyal following that is growing. Bringing them to Vallejo gives us an opportunity to showcase our community to a group that is generally described as younger and affluent. Some of them may even decide to locate their business and/or home here. All in all, a great win for Vallejo.”

Though not privy to the behind-the-scenes process, Cooper said he’s “sure the availability of the vacant car dealership building close to the freeway was a key part in their initial interest.”

The electric car dealership can ignite more prestige businesses, Cooper said.

“Tesla’s presence may be seen as ‘giving permission’ to other companies to locate in Vallejo. Our location and microclimate are superior characteristics that cannot be easily replicated elsewhere,” Cooper said. “I am confident the fact Tesla is already here will encourage other upscale brands to strongly consider opening in Vallejo.”

From a real estate standpoint, Tesla “is huge” for Vallejo, said Tim Hiemstra, owner of Napa River Realty in downtown Vallejo.

Hiemstra worked 20 years in the automotive industry with Mercedes-Benz before he “switched gears” and got into real estate sales.

“I discovered the positive influence a high-end dealership can have on a community,” said Hiemstra, having a hand in a Mercedes-Benz dealership getting built in the El Dorado Hills.

“As a result, we saw an expansion in upscale homes and businesses including tech companies coming to Folsom Lake all the way up to Placerville,” Hiemstra said. “And the taxes generated from this exponential activity proved to be a big revenue boost for these communities.”
Hiemstra noted that Berkeley is considering banning gas-powered vehicles by 2027 in an effort to combat climate change. It’s a sign of a future that’s getting closer, he said.

“Electric vehicles should prove to be a growing trend and a Tesla store reflects Vallejo is a quality emerging market for both real estate and business,” Hiemstra said. “These consumers who have above average discretionary income will have the opportunity to see what Vallejo has to offer inclusive of the new mixed use development that will be surrounding the new Costco shopping center being built a few feet away at the Cooke property site.”

Tesla owners at the charging stations behind Target were tickled about the sales their drive for services will be reduced significantly.

Count Miguel Gallego among them. The Cordelia resident has had to make the trek to Livermore to service his car.

“This will be close to me. It’s nice,” Gallego said.

When Gallego heard of Tesla’s pending Vallejo arrive, he pumped his fist while not having to pump gas.

“I love it. Everything is close to my house,” said Gallego.

Brian Velasquez of Vallejo said he was fully aware of Tesla’s arrival and he was thrilled he would no longer have to drive to Berkeley to take his car in.

“It’s all positive, I would say,” Velasquez smiled. “Now I have a service center here.”

Velasquez had nothing but praise for his Tesla after 13 months.

“I love it,” he said. “I haven’t touched a gas station in so long and I’m so happy about it. I see my friends with their V-12s and having to pay $100 in gas every couple of days. This feels good.”

Another Vallejo motorist who didn’t identify himself said he was unaware Tesla would soon open a few blocks from the charging station.

“I don’t know anything about it. I had no idea. I’ll have to check it out,” he said, believing Tesla Vallejo won’t impact his life in any way because he doesn’t take his car anywhere for maintenance.

“They come to my house, so it makes no difference to me,” he said, though adding, “It’s good for the town.”