TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Valleywag negative spin

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by graham, Dec 26, 2008.

1. graham

graham Active Member

A new Valleywag article out tonight, with so much negative spin, I wonder if Owen Thomas did not get what he expected in his stocking this year.

Elon Musk: Electric-Car Boss's Holiday Message of Cheer

The article first blames this on the Top Gear episode - which we have rehashed here ad nauseam. But then, of course, it goes further off the rails:

This is one of those paragraphs which is in the same vein as the NYT, and Business Week articles which always seem to find a lot of traction in the press - but unfortunately are full of manure.

When Tesla could not get the funding it wanted back in October for the Model S, they already stated that their priority was delivering the Roadster until they received future funding.

Elon sends a nice letter out saying "Let's make sure our priority is making good product over doing work which we are not yet funded to do" and Valleywag interprets it as "your current product must be broken." and "because your priority is on your current funded product instead of doing unfunded future development, you do not deserve to ever receive any future funding for other products."

Brilliant logic! And logic that I expect to be picked up by the New York Times any day now, because the truth is just not salacious enough.

2. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

If that's the full extent of Elon's holiday message(s) then I would not say he has a lot of warm and fuzzy going on.

3. graham

graham Active Member

Yes, hopefully this was not the extent of his holiday wishes...

4. Joseph

Joseph Member

In the ADD world of blogging, a sentence is worth an article.