Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Value Advice - Gray 2017 Model S 100D w/ 12,000 miles but no Autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just bought a Gray 2017 Model S 100D with 12,000 miles (clean title, one owner, and very good condition) today at an auto auction through a buddy that owns a dealership. However it does not have autopilot enabled. Any thoughts on value without autopilot (the production date on the inside of the door shows 10/17 so I’m pretty sure it is HW 2.5)?

I'd check both Carfax and autocheck.

I just found a car the other day that had damage reported on Carfax and on autocheck it showed frame damage. They will also give you some initial metrics on price, then you can make a market adjustment

You looking to flip the car ? As above mentioned the menu price was $5k ..the intrinsic value for someone using a lot is probably more ;)... also car doesn’t have free SC :eek:

The original owner could have added EAP. Its really unfortunate for them to have paid as much as they did for the car and not have added the EAP feature to make it a much better vehicle to drive.

You can now add just AP from $3K from Tesla, and I'd strongly recommend doing that.

• Love
Reactions: TomLewis3
You can buy a brand spanking new one - 2019 100D, loaded, for almost $70k, so I'd put yours in the ball park of $50k(at auction). Since it's 2 years older, unknown history, no autopilot, etc.

So what did you pay?
I paid $70k... when I go to build a brand new one on Tesla, with the same options as mine (except including regular autopilot) it is $86,750 before tax credit. How is this one you’ve referenced so low?

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Linked car is black/black with zero options. Not “loaded” as claimed. And it’s $77200 with delivery fee - not almost $70k as stated.
After federal tax credit, its $73.5K for a brand new car with AP. The 2019s come loaded as standard, the only options now are wheels and FSD.

If you paid $70K and add $3K for AP, it’s essentially the same price for a 2 year old car. So I’d recommend enjoying the car and keeping it for a few years. It’s not going to be possible to flip it for a profit.

Linked car is black/black with zero options. Not “loaded” as claimed. And it’s $77200 with delivery fee - not almost $70k as stated.
I’m unfamiliar with these models. What types of options could it be missing? Compared to a price like this I fee like the biggest idiot in the world...

How big are the delivery fees on those? It’s so strange that when you look at customizing a new vehicle the prices are so much higher than these. Also, the used CPO options directly from Tesla seem way more expensive than many of the brand new existing inventory cars (as opposed to “customized” new vehicles). I’m so confused now... not to mention an idiot for paying so much for the auction car...did I mention that I’m an idiot!?

After federal tax credit, its $73.5K for a brand new car with AP. The 2019s come loaded as standard, the only options now are wheels and FSD.

If you paid $70K and add $3K for AP, it’s essentially the same price for a 2 year old car. So I’d recommend enjoying the car and keeping it for a few years. It’s not going to be possible to flip it for a profit.
I was definitely not looking to flip it for a profit. I was wondering if I could/should just sell it back at auction as there were other bidders interested very close to my same price. My intention when I bought it was to own it and use it forever, but not if I just simply way overpaid and can get a much better deal elsewhere (like a brand new existing inventory directly from Tesla). I’ll take any advice...