Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Value Advice - Gray 2017 Model S 100D w/ 12,000 miles but no Autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was definitely not looking to flip it for a profit. I was wondering if I could/should just sell it back at auction as there were other bidders interested very close to my same price. My intention when I bought it was to own it and use it forever, but not if I just simply way overpaid and can get a much better deal elsewhere (like a brand new existing inventory directly from Tesla). I’ll take any advice...
As long as you won’t lose more than $5K-$10K I would probably do that. Then buy a new inventory model.

1. What types of options could it be missing?

2. How big are the delivery fees on those?

3. It’s so strange that when you look at customizing a new vehicle the prices are so much higher than these.

4. used CPO options directly from Tesla seem way more expensive
1. Features that were options in 2017 (HiFi, Glass roof, air suspension, premium interior, AutoPilot, etc) are now all standard.

2. Destination and Doc fee is $1,200 on all new cars. Delivery is $0 - $2K depending on distance.

3. Inventory cars are new (never titled) but often 2-10 months old and have some amount of miles. So they have heavy discounts some times.

4. CPO prices are all over the place, it’s common to find better deals on new ones.

Pm me and I’ll give you contact info for a sales rep who can find you a deal on an inventory car.

Zero options on a new Tesla is pretty much loaded now because almost everything is standard now except AP, wheels, and color choices.

If you want any color other than black/black it can add up to $4000. FSD is $6000. 21” wheels $4500. So a fully loaded car can be $14,500 more than those linked basic cars that were called “fully loaded”. Fully loaded generally implies all, or near all, optional equipment installed. The linked car had no optional equipment.

Last edited:
If you want any color other than black/black it can add up to $4000. FSD is $6000. 21” wheels $4500. So a fully loaded car can be $14,500 more than those linked basic cars that were called “fully loaded”. Fully loaded generally implies all, or near all, optional equipment installed. The linked car had no optional equipment.

All of this except paint and interior color can be changed after you own the car. That's Sunshine State's point: options that used to be factory top-tier upgrades are standard (paint aside). It means that a 2019 100D "baseline" model is a lot closer to a 2017 "top-end" model.

Linked car is black/black with zero options. Not “loaded” as claimed. And it’s $77200 with delivery fee - not almost $70k as stated.

When I attached the link, the price was $75 I believe and with the tax incentive, it was almost $70k.

And, well maybe subjective, but it is loaded. In 2017, as the OP referenced, I believe you still had to pay for upgrades and options. The one I linked has SAS, premium sound, HEPA, subzero, autopilot, etc etc etc. So comparing a 2017 w/ unknown options to a 2019, which comes pretty loaded, was my point.