TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Value Analysis Spreadsheet for those debating 40kWh, 60kWh, 85kWh

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Gino Bernardi, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Gino Bernardi

Gino Bernardi Member

Hi All,

I'm expecting to receive my finalize order notice soon (P#17,084) and I'm debating between the 40kwh and 60kwh models. At one point I was sure that the 40 was all I needed and that I should get the 40 with all options that are important to me (tech,pano,sound, possibly leather).

So I made a spreadsheet that quickly breaks down the difference in cost related to various financing options. It shows me that there is not as big of a difference between the 40 all options vs. the 60 all options packages. So have a look if you're still debating like me...hopefully some of you find it helpful!

It's a little rough, but Im sure you'll be able to modify it to your needs.

Attached Files:

2. Gino Bernardi

Gino Bernardi Member

I should add that this is primarily only for those who plan on financing

3. Ceilidh

Ceilidh Member

Welcome to the forums Gino.

I'm sure others will appreciate your input.

I noticed that you are from Chicago, where it can get quite cold this time of year. I would just make sure that if you are considering the 40 that it would be adequate to suit your needs for whatever you want the car to do. Be sure that you know your round trip mileage needs and plan on factoring cold weather range reductions into your decision.

Cheers!

4. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX

The thought of cold Chicago winters and the inevitable decay of battery capacity with time makes me think the 60kWh battery is a much better choice. But if you're sure...well, it's your hard earned $$$.

5. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

60kWh for the SuperCharging. IMO, this is a must-have. Even if you don't think you will use it, you will be trimming down the potential resale market. I'll also second the concerns about cold-weather energy consumption.