Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Value of 2012 Model S Signature P85 w/out working battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I certainly did retain FUSC when my 85kWh battery was replaced with a 90kWh pack (under warranty, thank goodness). Mine is 400V; 248 rated miles @100% SOC. Incidentally, it has been pegged at 248 miles since replaced over two years ago.
They gave you a 90KW battery? Tesla took my 85KW battery and put one in that only gets 200 miles range. Seems like they put in a 75kW battery!

They gave you a 90KW battery? Tesla took my 85KW battery and put one in that only gets 200 miles range. Seems like they put in a 75kW battery!
Nah that is how tesla is. They don't get what they speced. I have a 90KWh which really started its life at 86KWh and 81Kwh usable. You can read all about it. But with degradation, it is really a 73kwh or about 69kwh usable after 5.5 years and 92K miles of usage. Yes it is really that bad but tesla service continue to say it is all good to go!

Yes, but range is not as long as some the refurb 85’s that are 350V and get over 270 miles. By the way, the inside of my is now labeled P90D (binnacle and about screen), but the badge on the back still says P85D. I consider myself lucky that my range was higher with the refurb battery than with the original, but more so that is has been stable for over two years. Odo is showing 128,000 miles and I think it has many more.