Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

value of P85

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got off the phone with Tesla on Fremont, CA. They called wanting me to trade in my 2014 P85 with 35,000 miles for new P100D. Obviously very interested but thought offer was a little off. I can exercise the resale guarantee but not for another 4 months. Preautopilot / PreAWD. Has every option available at time except air suspension. I thought it was low ball at 55,000 but again it is pre major update. Anyone have any thoughts? Not a P85+

I don't have an opinion to share on the value of your P85, as I have not been following that market. However, I find it interesting that Tesla cold called you to sell you an upgrade. We they offering any special pricing on the P100D?

Seems low. They offered $52,000 for my S85 with 25,000 miles. $90,000 MSRP. I'm sure your MSRP was much higher.

I keep checking out EV-CPO and some of the threads here looking for good offers on P90Ds but I always come to my senses. Tesla doesn't make a car that is worth $50,000 more than my car, at least to me. Yeah, I would love to have AP for my annual trip to Charlotte. It would be fun to have neck breaking acceleration to show my friends a few times a year, but I can get my fix with the loaner.

Reactions: Camera-Cruiser
Seems low. They offered $52,000 for my S85 with 25,000 miles. $90,000 MSRP. I'm sure your MSRP was much higher.

I keep checking out EV-CPO and some of the threads here looking for good offers on P90Ds but I always come to my senses. Tesla doesn't make a car that is worth $50,000 more than my car, at least to me. Yeah, I would love to have AP for my annual trip to Charlotte. It would be fun to have neck breaking acceleration to show my friends a few times a year, but I can get my fix with the loaner.
I received 51,400 for my s85 with 45k miles

All that matters is if it works for you. I think its low, but that's not really the question. If you want the 100D, and don't want the hassle of selling private party, then ask if they will bump it up a few thousand. I doubt they started of with their best and only offer. They need to book $140,000 car orders. They may have more latitude than you think.

and, there is this....
Elon Musk Is Worried About Tesla's Cash Burn -- For 'The Next 4.5 Weeks'

Last edited:
An interesting update... After a little research That 55,000 is right around my resale guarantee that starts in 3/17. They said they will honor my guarantee now. I asked what they will do in March next year. They said they will give me the same price as they will now but I should take the deal because my car isn't worth that much. I asked what it will be worth in 3/17 without the guarantee. I heard crickets. So I think I'll wait until March.

An interesting update... After a little research That 55,000 is right around my resale guarantee that starts in 3/17. They said they will honor my guarantee now. I asked what they will do in March next year. They said they will give me the same price as they will now but I should take the deal because my car isn't worth that much. I asked what it will be worth in 3/17 without the guarantee. I heard crickets. So I think I'll wait until March.
So they said we will give you $55,000 now or we will give you $55,000 in March of 2017... With same miles or unlimited miles?

Second question. Were they being serious?

• Funny
Reactions: Footer and sorka
Why would offering the same price now be a "deal"? Are you paying some outrageous interest rate (since that is basically your cost between now and 3/17)?

Why would offering the same price now be a "deal"? Are you paying some outrageous interest rate (since that is basically your cost between now and 3/17)?

That's what number12 was alluding to in his post. Since the car devalues $500-$1000/month a reasonable person would expect the trade-in value today to be significantly higher than in March. Does Tesla take the OP for a chump?