Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

value of P85

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got off the phone with Tesla on Fremont, CA. They called wanting me to trade in my 2014 P85 with 35,000 miles for new P100D. Obviously very interested but thought offer was a little off. I can exercise the resale guarantee but not for another 4 months. Preautopilot / PreAWD. Has every option available at time except air suspension. I thought it was low ball at 55,000 but again it is pre major update. Anyone have any thoughts? Not a P85+

I check CPO prices for 85 / P85 similar to your car pretty regularly. I wouldn't expect to be able to buy your car, as you've described it, for anywhere less than $60k. Probably closer to $65k. When you eventually sell it to fund the purchase of something else, you might consider selling it privately. Any wholesale buyer, be it Tesla / Carmax / Bob's Disreputable Dealership is going to offer you around 80-85% of what they think they can immediately resell it for with minimal additional investment.

55K sounds like a damn good deal for a pre-AP/pre-D car to me, especially for a trade-in. I'd jump in with both feet for that glorious 2.5sec acceleration!
Agree with the "sounds like" opinion. To corroborate, here's a similarly well kept, similar odometer reading, similar traction pack that recently became a successfully completed ebay transaction - for thousands less ;
Tesla: Model S
so your decision turns on how important the extra range/power is ...