Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Value of your Tesla Model S

dapolousa

Sep 30, 2015
Metuchen, NJ
Hi, I searched and didn't find anything. I remember around the time I bought my 2013 Model S, there was a formula Tesla used to calculate the value of a used Tesla Model S. Is that still the case? Also, where can I read about the program that when you give the car back after 3 years, what value Tesla puts on it? Any help is great appreciated. Thanks.

Gizmotoy

Sep 16, 2013
Bay Area, CA
Great. How do they calculate the miles?
If you're talking about the guaranteed buyback offers, they included a set number of miles. 33k, I believe (11k/yr).

For the loaner sales they used to take off $1/mi. It worked for those cars, but I don't know how well that'd scale to generic used vehicles. Probably not very well.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC