Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VALUE QUESTION 100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brand new, and upgraded RAVEN Long Range Dual Motor (100D) is priced at $80,000 base. Comes with base autopilot and 100 more miles of range than a 75X. New White metallic paint is free, but white seats are a premium (comes with black)

With current tax breaks, that makes buying it new (or even slightly cheaper demo) a compelling proposition.

thx for all the replies
spoke with buddy who works at one of the dealerships-centers (tesla)
he said no auto pilot/low miles
65K is all the money on the 2016 white-white one with 25k for miles
i sent seller another offer - no reply
i'll keep looking:cool:

I just purchased a 2017 75d with every option except additional seats (it’s a 5-seater) for $62k. It only has 15k miles and is in insanely good condition. The original owner never drive it in the rain, had no kids and kept it in a conditioned garage. I’ve seen new cars on a dealers lot in worse shape.
The only thing I wish it had was the 90 or 100 battery, but for the options / condition / price I couldn’t pass it up.

Reactions: Hebert
thx for all the replies
spoke with buddy who works at one of the dealerships-centers (tesla)
he said no auto pilot/low miles
65K is all the money on the 2016 white-white one with 25k for miles
i sent seller another offer - no reply
i'll keep looking:cool:

He’s right.

You lose range, HW3, MCU2, 3 years warranty, unlimited super charge (although some used ones will get that).

And new one is fully loaded better vehicle.

Here is how I like to calculate it.

Say the car is roughly $85K (today’s price)

I like Amortize that over 10 years.

He has used up 30% of the 10 years.

30% of $85K is $25.5k used up

Subtract that from today’s price comes to $60K

The average depreciation of all cars is 50% after 5 years. My use of 30% after 3 years is basically the same curve. If anything I’m being generous because there is more devaluation in the first 3 years than years 4 and 5.