Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Valve Leaking Model S 2016 facelift

stylo

Dec 17, 2019
UK
So, I got bored with topping up my tyres each couple of weeks and took it to friendly local tyre place. Helpful guy removed tyre, refitted and dunked in a tank of water. Issue is leak from the valve - same on 2 other wheels. problem is base of valve probably the rubber seal and unfortunately the valve and TPMS seem to be a single unit. He thought there may need to be some programming of the TPMS so should get in touch with Tesla - will try their service line on Mon but thought would ask here for any info.

If I just go and buy 4 of these (few sites seem to have them) and get my place to fit them will it all be OK? Does the car have a receiver adjacent to each wheel to know which tyre has which pressure or something to avoid the need for programming?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC