Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vampire drain : 7.12 range lost, 1.57 kwh loss over 8 hours

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I decided to try TeslaFi and the first night the car lost 7.12 miles/1.57 kwh. This seems like a lot.

I wonder if TeslaFi is somehow responsible for it (due to keep checking the car) or maybe the car was downloading part of V9 (I still don't have it).

Any ideas what's happening here? I'll see what happens tonight and post back here.

Delete TeslaFi, change your Tesla password, and you won’t have such vampire drain.

I’m also amused by the report of losing 7.12 miles of range. The battery state of charge can’t be measured directly so the range is an estimate using an algorithm that is more or less accurate depending on how you’ve charged recently. Why does TeslaFi think it can be more precise than Tesla is in reporting the range? Even 7 miles is a stretch. Maybe it’s 6, maybe it’s 8. It’s certainly not 7.12. Whoever created TeslaFi must have been absent when significant figures was taught in their high school math class.

Delete TeslaFi, change your Tesla password, and you won’t have such vampire drain.

I’m also amused by the report of losing 7.12 miles of range. The battery state of charge can’t be measured directly so the range is an estimate using an algorithm that is more or less accurate depending on how you’ve charged recently. Why does TeslaFi think it can be more precise than Tesla is in reporting the range? Even 7 miles is a stretch. Maybe it’s 6, maybe it’s 8. It’s certainly not 7.12. Whoever created TeslaFi must have been absent when significant figures was taught in their high school math class.

Tesla never displays hundredths of a mile of range on the screen, or even tenths of a mile.

You're kidding me, right? Teslafi API reports Vehicle values from the JSON API.