Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vampire drain disappeared after enabling Privacy mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
During my holidays my Model 3 DM is parked in a depot of my enterprise. Not cool, not hot. No Wlan. No sentry mode, no climatisation is switched on.Energy mode ist turned to low. No charging. I didnt look by remote for 10 days. Then I checked it and it lost 40% = 4%/day!

I unlocked it with remote an told one of my employees to enable privacy mode. After 4 days he checked battery. There was NO DRAIN within 4 days!

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
That's not normal. 40% is 30kWh, or 3kWh a day, or about 12 miles of range lost a day, at 24hrs is 0.5 miles/hr. I would consider 0.1 miles/hr with all those things off, as normal, so your drain seemed about 5x what I would consider normal for those settings.

Car alarm and tilt protection drain the battery much. If you disable it(it enables itself once sentry mode was activated and stays on until disabled) you should notice aroun 0.5% drain per day with mobile access on. I guess with it off then you can get away with 1% a week or so.

Wifi disabling helps too, make sure it is off in your profile as it tends to turn itself on too.