TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Vampire Drain - Vehicle Driving History

Discussion in 'Model X: Battery & Charging' started by Sean Belnick, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Sean Belnick

Sean Belnick New Member

Ok, so this is an interesting one. I valeted my car at a hotel overnight. When I dropped it off, I recall it having around 200+ miles of range. When I got it this morning, it was down to 50 miles of range. Would there be any logical explanation for this other than a joy ride? Is there a way to get a history of my the cars driving for the last 150+ miles or so? Any way that something could have been left on that would have drained the battery that much in a 24 hour period? I typically see a few miles a day of drop.

Maybe I'm naive, but I can't imagine someone driving 100+ miles on someone else's car at a valet? Or maybe they were driving on ludicrous mode which drained the battery quicker, but still that's a lot of driving.

Just trying to see if there is a way to get history of driving (location, etc) or if something could have been left on that drained it this much.

2. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

This was your mistake! Never do this again.
    Tesla may provide a driving history if you ask.

3. Sean Belnick

Sean Belnick New Member

Thanks for the advice, called support and they can pull the mileage. Turns out it was not driven (mileage was the same as dropped off). They are reviewing the logs to see what may have caused the drain.

4. flyhigh123

flyhigh123 Member

im going to guess maybe the key was close and the AC ran in the car all night

• Like x 2