Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vampire Drain - Vehicle Driving History

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, so this is an interesting one. I valeted my car at a hotel overnight. When I dropped it off, I recall it having around 200+ miles of range. When I got it this morning, it was down to 50 miles of range. Would there be any logical explanation for this other than a joy ride? Is there a way to get a history of my the cars driving for the last 150+ miles or so? Any way that something could have been left on that would have drained the battery that much in a 24 hour period? I typically see a few miles a day of drop.

Maybe I'm naive, but I can't imagine someone driving 100+ miles on someone else's car at a valet? Or maybe they were driving on ludicrous mode which drained the battery quicker, but still that's a lot of driving.

Just trying to see if there is a way to get history of driving (location, etc) or if something could have been left on that drained it this much.

Ok, so this is an interesting one. I valeted my car at a hotel overnight. When I dropped it off, I recall it having around 200+ miles of range. When I got it this morning, it was down to 50 miles of range. Would there be any logical explanation for this other than a joy ride? Is there a way to get a history of my the cars driving for the last 150+ miles or so? Any way that something could have been left on that would have drained the battery that much in a 24 hour period? I typically see a few miles a day of drop.

Maybe I'm naive, but I can't imagine someone driving 100+ miles on someone else's car at a valet? Or maybe they were driving on ludicrous mode which drained the battery quicker, but still that's a lot of driving.

Just trying to see if there is a way to get history of driving (location, etc) or if something could have been left on that drained it this much.

This was your mistake! Never do this again.
Tesla may provide a driving history if you ask.