TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Vampire drain whilst plugged in?

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by joninmelbourne, Nov 17, 2016.

1. joninmelbourne

joninmelbourne Solid Black S60 new face

I have noticed that when my car is fully charged (406km on my new 60) after a few hours it begins to lose charge even whilst its still plugged in. I got down to 402km and the charging had not started again. Short of unplugging and replugging in, how long until the car tops its self off? Thanks

2. Blue heaven

Blue heaven Member

Why do you leave it at a state of full charge?

3. joninmelbourne

joninmelbourne Solid Black S60 new face

100% charge on the new 60's is only 80% in reality due to the battery actually being a 75kwh with software limitation. I charge to a full charge (80%) in case of unexpected trips.

4. rowdy

rowdy Member

Sounds like the battery pack is balancing. Usually the car needs to drop a couple of % before the charging will begin again.

Vampire drain is minimal on refresh cars, so once balancing is complete and if it hasn't dropped enough to trigger a charge cycle then it may take days to reach the threshold. Probably easiest just to manually start it again through the app once it appears balancing is complete to get it back up to 100%.