Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Van Nuys CA service center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mshergill27

MYLR | Black | Black | 19” | No Tow | FSD OD 11/23
Nov 29, 2021
Los Angeles
I just wanted to hop in here and let you guys know about my nightmare experience with Van Nuys service center and their continuous lack of customer service.

I received my car in December and the first appointment was in mid January. I held off on ceramic coating my car because there was issues with the paint (streaks, missing paint, etc). I drop my car off at the service center and they offer to polish it to fix it and replace the drivers side mirror since apparently it’s just a cover but it was on back order and that’s the part with missing/splotchy paint.

My car was at the service center for maybe about two weeks. I work really far so I was only able to pick up my car after hours. I pick up my car and it’s absolutely filthy! I mean there’s dirt inside like someone left the windows open the entire time it was there. There’s dirt on the seats(front and back), on the dash, on the console, in the console etc. I had read on here that this is common so I shrugged it off although I was pretty upset that they made my car so filthy because I dropped it off extremely clean on the inside. At this point I was just happy to have my car back because it had been so long and ubering it everywhere really sucked (especially to work because it was 1:15 each way). When I picked up my car I noticed marks all over it but I assumed it was because they polished it and that they would wipe off.

That Friday (a few days later) I had my ceramic coating scheduled. The moment the guy sees my car he points out the marks as rotary marks. He explained to me that he can do his best to take out all of them (they are literally all over the car) but that he doesn’t want to do too much because the paint was already thin. At this point I’m really upset because it’s a brand new car and clearly tesla really ducked up. I had a wisdom tooth extraction done earlier in the day and decided to let him fix Tesla’s **** up, and deal with the service center later. The car looked beautiful at the end.

So I reach out to tesla a few weeks later to let them know what happened. The service advisor escalated to a supervisor and the supervisor refused to do anything. I then called the service number and requested a manager call me as soon as possible. A few days later the call is finally returned and the best summary of the call is that he told me that the car was checked and approved by: the service advisor, supervisor, and himself personally before it was released to me and that they didn’t see anything wrong with it. They told me that I should have brought it back to them and they do not believe that they are the ones who had left the rotary marks on my car. I told him I was more than willing to bring my car back in since I had it set to always record and he can himself go through the footage of where my car had been between pick up from the center and my coating appointment the confirm. He basically told me that there was no way to prove that his team did it, and that I should have given them the opportunity to fix the car. I sarcastically laughed and asked him if he himself would trust a shop that should have done the job correct the first time around to go in again and further **** up the paint and he said yes. After some back and forth he offered me $250 service credit although it cost me much more than that to get it fixed and refused to give me contact information to escalate it further.

Today, about 2 months later, I realized that he never sent me any proof of service credit. I reached out to the service center and asked how it had been issued to which they asked “who issued it to you”.

What the hell! I’m so damn pissed.

Does anyone know any emails/phone numbers of anyone higher up at this point??

Attachments

• 9FAC0D72-6DA2-4C11-969A-00E16793B0C4.jpeg
    9FAC0D72-6DA2-4C11-969A-00E16793B0C4.jpeg
    720.6 KB · Views: 196
  • 4B1DF116-1C00-4DF3-8550-DBD27D7E44E6.jpeg
    4B1DF116-1C00-4DF3-8550-DBD27D7E44E6.jpeg
    778.9 KB · Views: 142
  • 50DC7CFC-7409-4AF3-9740-412369345F53.jpeg
    50DC7CFC-7409-4AF3-9740-412369345F53.jpeg
    999 KB · Views: 139
  • 86EAB67F-021E-4F2C-ACDE-C18B6B1847F3.jpeg
    86EAB67F-021E-4F2C-ACDE-C18B6B1847F3.jpeg
    442.5 KB · Views: 151
  • 054BC80C-8A35-4C4F-8216-6B5BE44EE074.jpeg
    054BC80C-8A35-4C4F-8216-6B5BE44EE074.jpeg
    867.3 KB · Views: 141
Reactions: Watts_Up
Wow, those swirl marks reek! I'm sympathetic but don't feel you handled this right. If the SC was responsible you should have put the onus on them to fix it. By incorporating a ceramic coat in between visits you destroyed your own evidence. There's no excuse for the condition you describe, from the filth to the swirls to the amount of time your car was in service. As you can see by the post below I'm no fan of Tesla service. I did escalate my lousy service experience and ultimately received VIP treatment by soliciting intervention by my Sales manager. In other words, I flipped the script. Some Tesla apologist will tell you bad service is part of the Tesla experience. I call BS on that!

Wow, those swirl marks reek! I'm sympathetic but don't feel you handled this right. If the SC was responsible you should have put the onus on them to fix it. By incorporating a ceramic coat in between visits you destroyed your own evidence. There's no excuse for the condition you describe, from the filth to the swirls to the amount of time your car was in service. As you can see by the post below I'm no fan of Tesla service. I did escalate my lousy service experience and ultimately received VIP treatment by soliciting intervention by my Sales manager. In other words, I flipped the script. Some Tesla apologist will tell you bad service is part of the Tesla experience. I call BS on that!

How did you get in contact with a sales manager?

Also I had no idea what the marks word. I genuinely believed they just didn’t wipe the polish off because my car was so dirty i assumed it fell under the same “we don’t wash cars anymore” bullshit so I just left it for my ceramic coating guy to wipe it down before he worked on it. He was going to wash my car before coating it anyways and that appointment was two days away. I also had paid for him to do it in my home so at the moment when I found out what it really was I genuinely just didn’t want them touching my car again. I had a second service scheduled for March 16th for the cover on my side mirror but I just ended up not going and rescheduling for a later date in Burbank because I do not want my car in that service center ever again. The fact that they felt the quality of work they gave back to me was acceptable and then tried to blame me for it was just unbelievable. I even pointed out that my used E350 paint was in significantly much better condition both before I bought and when I sold it years later in comparison to what my car looked like at delivery and for them to further botch the paint job was ridiculous.

How did you get in contact with a sales manager?
The Tesla salesman who sold me the car previously worked in a Tesla delivery center and knew the manager at the service center. One text between them was all it took. Suppose you weren't assigned a salesman or they don't know the ropes? Get creative, there are multiple ways to skin a cat. I don't like raising a stink but I've never been shy. If I need to, I do!