Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver 4th Ave Service Center Rant

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

First post, been lurking for a month.
Just need to rant about the Vancouver's 4th Ave Service Center.

Picked up out MY LR about a month ago, and been mostly ok in terms of quality. One that we did miss was that the driver side window doesn't close properly into the trim. We noticed this right after taking the car home from delivery. Thinking back, we should've checked this and refused delivery.

Took it to the service center, and after a few hours of wait, they claimed they fixed it by replacing the top black trim. Go back to the car and see that it wasn't fixed. Service advisor was apologetic and scheduled a mobile service appointment. I had to go at that time, but if I had more time, I would 100% be talking to the tech about this and how they verified the issue was fixed. It was 7 hours, including the commute, worth of wasted time that got nothing done.

Mobile service came, did the heat gun treatment on the rubber sealing, and it seemed ok at first. but the window didn't close up again. Scheduled another mobile service appointment. In the mean time, the window seems to have fixed itself, but I was worried that it would happen again, so I left the mobile service appointment alone so I can talk to the tech about my concerns.

2nd mobile service tech arrives, tightens the window up a bit to hopefully not have this issue again, and we noticed that the driver side rear triangular window has a trim that's sticking out. Great, here we go again.

On to service again, and it has to be a service center since mobile service can't fix it. With my previous experience at this center, I went to ask for a loaner car. as I have no idea when and if they will fix the car. They told me that I won't know if I have a loaner from Enterprise until I check in and they can't guarantee that there will be a loaner available, but don't worry, usually it's fine! I just find that extremely frustrating. If I can go to the Enterprise website and book a car for a day and time, then Tesla can do it too. I have no idea why they refuse to do this.

Sorry for the rant, it's just be so fustrating for a car that's a month old and has been in service every week since then. I really love the car, but this just puts me off. Simple customer service, and just fix the damn issue Tesla!

/rant

Reactions: corlaandstan
Hi all,

First post, been lurking for a month.
Just need to rant about the Vancouver's 4th Ave Service Center.

Picked up out MY LR about a month ago, and been mostly ok in terms of quality. One that we did miss was that the driver side window doesn't close properly into the trim. We noticed this right after taking the car home from delivery. Thinking back, we should've checked this and refused delivery.

Took it to the service center, and after a few hours of wait, they claimed they fixed it by replacing the top black trim. Go back to the car and see that it wasn't fixed. Service advisor was apologetic and scheduled a mobile service appointment. I had to go at that time, but if I had more time, I would 100% be talking to the tech about this and how they verified the issue was fixed. It was 7 hours, including the commute, worth of wasted time that got nothing done.

Mobile service came, did the heat gun treatment on the rubber sealing, and it seemed ok at first. but the window didn't close up again. Scheduled another mobile service appointment. In the mean time, the window seems to have fixed itself, but I was worried that it would happen again, so I left the mobile service appointment alone so I can talk to the tech about my concerns.

2nd mobile service tech arrives, tightens the window up a bit to hopefully not have this issue again, and we noticed that the driver side rear triangular window has a trim that's sticking out. Great, here we go again.

On to service again, and it has to be a service center since mobile service can't fix it. With my previous experience at this center, I went to ask for a loaner car. as I have no idea when and if they will fix the car. They told me that I won't know if I have a loaner from Enterprise until I check in and they can't guarantee that there will be a loaner available, but don't worry, usually it's fine! I just find that extremely frustrating. If I can go to the Enterprise website and book a car for a day and time, then Tesla can do it too. I have no idea why they refuse to do this.

Sorry for the rant, it's just be so fustrating for a car that's a month old and has been in service every week since then. I really love the car, but this just puts me off. Simple customer service, and just fix the damn issue Tesla!

/rant
Sorry to hear that. I have service issues with them too with my rear glass replacement. But eventually got replaced under warranty.. then again I have service issues with all the brand of cars I bought for the last 35 years...

Thanks for the replies. I was just so frustrated with the situation and wanted to rant a bit.

And this is why you must be extremely thorough when inspecting the vehicle at pick up
Yes that's true, but it really should've been Tesla's job to catch this before giving it to the customer.
This is why I hate frameless windows; they are a major PITA to adjust. 👿
Yup, felt like Tesla should've went with regular windows until they figured this out.