TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Vancouver and area Tesla approved body shops?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Canuck, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Canuck

Canuck Well-Known Member

I was driving home from work, minding my own business, when a lady decided to get out of the left turning lane, and go into my lane, while I was still in it, damaging the left rear fender, and wheel, of my beloved Tesla... :(

Does anyone know the names of Tesla approved body shops in the lower mainland? I reported the claim to ICBC but they didn't know any, Tesla is closed but I emailed them, so I thought I'd post here and share my sorrow...

I need to keep reminding myself, it's only a dent in my Tesla, and take my own damn advice...

One week old today, and then backed into....

Still, it really sucks!

• Helpful x 1
  2. Canuck

Canuck Well-Known Member

Here's the answer from Tesla:

1. Korva World Class Collision, 231 West 2nd Ave, Vancouver. Tel: 604-877-0774
    2. No. 1 Collision, 1520 West 3rd Ave, Vancouver. Tel: 604-732-6584

• Informative x 3
  3. Kira

Kira Member

:( Very sorry to hear about the accident - sounds like no one was injured, but still really unfortunate that the car was damaged. Thanks for letting us know about the body shops, I don't know if there are any on the island (?) so I'll have to remember these.

• Like x 1
  4. Hugh Mannity

Hugh Mannity Mediocre Member

Oh wow that sucks man.

Kirmac in Coquitlam does aluminium work and has done some Teslii according to the lady I talked to there before.

• Informative x 1
  5. f-stop

f-stop Active Member

hi @Canuck - did you end up getting a repair at one of these two shops? if so I'd appreciate hearing which one you chose (& why), and what you thought of their work

unfortunately I now have need for a minor repair :( . I spoke to someone at the local Tesla service center and they also confirmed same two body shops, saying they send cars to both. From the website, looks like Korva is a smaller shop specializing in European & exotics (had not heard of them before), meanwhile I know of No.1 from many years ago. Trying to decide which one I should call on Monday...

6. Canuck

Canuck Well-Known Member

I decided on Korva World Class Collision. My car goes in for the repair one week today -- that's how long it took for me to get an appointment with them. But they were very friendly when I took it in, and explained the repair process to me. It's only minor accident damage so I didn't really mind the long delay in getting an appointment, especially if it means having the repair done right. Once it's done, I will let you know the result.

7. f-stop

f-stop Active Member

thanks for your reply. I decided to go with No 1, mostly because the wait for an appointment was a couple months less. although my repair is relatively minor, a parking sensor needs replacement as well and I didn't want to wait until after the whole summer to get it all done. I guess we can compare experiences later...