Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver and area Tesla approved body shops?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Canuck

Nov 30, 2013
South Surrey, BC
I was driving home from work, minding my own business, when a lady decided to get out of the left turning lane, and go into my lane, while I was still in it, damaging the left rear fender, and wheel, of my beloved Tesla... :(

Does anyone know the names of Tesla approved body shops in the lower mainland? I reported the claim to ICBC but they didn't know any, Tesla is closed but I emailed them, so I thought I'd post here and share my sorrow...

I need to keep reminding myself, it's only a dent in my Tesla, and take my own damn advice...

One week old today, and then backed into....

Still, it really sucks!

:( Very sorry to hear about the accident - sounds like no one was injured, but still really unfortunate that the car was damaged. Thanks for letting us know about the body shops, I don't know if there are any on the island (?) so I'll have to remember these.

Reactions: Canuck
Here's the answer from Tesla:

1. Korva World Class Collision, 231 West 2nd Ave, Vancouver. Tel: 604-877-0774
2. No. 1 Collision, 1520 West 3rd Ave, Vancouver. Tel: 604-732-6584

hi @Canuck - did you end up getting a repair at one of these two shops? if so I'd appreciate hearing which one you chose (& why), and what you thought of their work

unfortunately I now have need for a minor repair :( . I spoke to someone at the local Tesla service center and they also confirmed same two body shops, saying they send cars to both. From the website, looks like Korva is a smaller shop specializing in European & exotics (had not heard of them before), meanwhile I know of No.1 from many years ago. Trying to decide which one I should call on Monday...

hi @Canuck - did you end up getting a repair at one of these two shops? if so I'd appreciate hearing which one you chose (& why), and what you thought of their work

I decided on Korva World Class Collision. My car goes in for the repair one week today -- that's how long it took for me to get an appointment with them. But they were very friendly when I took it in, and explained the repair process to me. It's only minor accident damage so I didn't really mind the long delay in getting an appointment, especially if it means having the repair done right. Once it's done, I will let you know the result.

I decided on Korva World Class Collision. My car goes in for the repair one week today -- that's how long it took for me to get an appointment with them. But they were very friendly when I took it in, and explained the repair process to me. It's only minor accident damage so I didn't really mind the long delay in getting an appointment, especially if it means having the repair done right. Once it's done, I will let you know the result.
thanks for your reply. I decided to go with No 1, mostly because the wait for an appointment was a couple months less. although my repair is relatively minor, a parking sensor needs replacement as well and I didn't want to wait until after the whole summer to get it all done. I guess we can compare experiences later...

I have Model 3 at No 1 right now. Taking a long time to get the parts. Crash was Sept 21, icbc towed it to No 1 Sept 28. Today is Oct 9 and they say they need the car for another 2-3 weeks as their tech is away next week. That is a total of about 6 weeks that I will be without my car. The bottleneck appears to be the slow parts delivery from Tesla, but why do they have only one tech trained in Tesla repair and why do they not stock or warehouse common parts to be more readily available?

The crash was a hit on the left rear quarter panel. Will update this post when repairs are complete.

Attachments

• LH Side #3.JPG
    LH Side #3.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 359
I took mine to Burrard Autostrasse. They were listed on Tesla website. They are very busy prior to Covid and have a lot of high end cars in their repair shop. I got there early one day and they have morning meetings with their entire team on all their open projects. Seems very professional and organized. I didn’t complete my repair yet as I have 2 years from ICBC. Downside is that they use enterprise rentals and they want me to drive a Corolla for 3 weeks ?!!?!!

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Both Burrard Autostrasse & No.1 Collision are highly reputable shops. Have used them over the years for other high end vehicles. They only repair upper end brands.

No shortage of Bentleys, Porsches in there, with the odd Lambo and Ferrari too.

No.1 has other locations now - but I have only dealt with their Vancouver location. It is also only a block away from Tesla.

High quality work, in my experience.

If it was my car - I would stick to these 2 shops - and maybe Korva (but I don't have personal experience with them - friends say good things though).

Hello Tesla owners,
We are new to the club and love to give advises and our personal experiences, there are still many good body shops out there.

If you looking for bodyshop in Vancouver, try Twinstar Collision on Kingsway near Fraser st, it was a referral, they did a awesome job on my rear fender, as a detailing, PPF shop we have see many bad paint job, Korva and Burrard, thier works are excellent no doubt. My buddy spent $7000 at Burrard on his 997, Matt finished hood, bumper and fender, its pricey but they do offer quality and satisfaction.
We have seem good job and bad job on No1 collision, good thing is that they are welling to fix customer's concern and make it right.

If you don't like your paint job, or paint imperfection, Paint Protection Film, or Vinyl Wrap is an option to hide those imperfection. I have bought a Model X and Model S(sold 2020 April due to battery life issue), Tesla paint job is super soft and easy to get scratched/chipped
feel free to visit us. love to help
See Gallery

Before you choose your body shop, check google review, check working environment & their work.
Let body shop know your expectation.

cheers
Jerry @BC1

Last edited:
Hello Tesla owners,
We are new to the club and love to give advises and our personal experiences, there are still many good body shops out there.

If you looking for bodyshop in Vancouver, try Twinstar Collision on Kingsway near Fraser st, it was a referral, they did a awesome job on my rear fender, as a detailing, PPF shop we have see many bad paint job, Korva and Burrard, thier works are excellent no doubt. My buddy spent $7000 at Burrard on his 997, Matt finished hood, bumper and fender, its pricey but they do offer quality and satisfaction.
We have seem good job and bad job on No1 collision, good thing is that they are welling to fix customer's concern and make it right.

If you don't like your paint job, or paint imperfection, Paint Protection Film, or Vinyl Wrap is an option to hide those imperfection. I have bought a Model X and Model S(sold 2020 April due to battery life issue), Tesla paint job is super soft and easy to get scratched/chipped
feel free to visit us. love to help
See Gallery

Before you choose your body shop, check google review, check working environment & their work.
Let body shop know your expectation.

cheers
Jerry @BC1

I agree with no.1 having mixed results. I personally had some issues with them, but they did fix some of the issues after I brought it up.

Dave at Automind in Richmond was better and more pleasant to deal with. They addressed the other issues that No.1 didn't address or was able to do.

Is Twinstar Collision an approved Tesla shop?

Reactions: BC1Auto
I agree with no.1 having mixed results. I personally had some issues with them, but they did fix some of the issues after I brought it up.

Dave at Automind in Richmond was better and more pleasant to deal with. They addressed the other issues that No.1 didn't address or was able to do.

Is Twinstar Collision an approved Tesla shop?

Yeah Automind is big too, I think it’s more about who work on your car, good painter, bad painter.

Check this video :) Amazing paint job, we need this in vancouver.

Twinstar Collision is not an approved Tesla shop, but their shop is cleanest bodyshop I ever been and Work is great, no complaints.

Reactions: phtp
I have Model 3 at No 1 right now. Taking a long time to get the parts. Crash was Sept 21, icbc towed it to No 1 Sept 28. Today is Oct 9 and they say they need the car for another 2-3 weeks as their tech is away next week. That is a total of about 6 weeks that I will be without my car. The bottleneck appears to be the slow parts delivery from Tesla, but why do they have only one tech trained in Tesla repair and why do they not stock or warehouse common parts to be more readily available?

The crash was a hit on the left rear quarter panel. Will update this post when repairs are complete.
Hi I was just wondering if you got his repaired and how much it cost. I have the same type of damage. thanks