Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC Estimated Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery complete! 😄
Well, I picked the car (MYP Red) last Friday and met a friend who was picking his Model S at the same time. I suppose the date was meant to be ;)

The car came in very good shape. Got a small scratch on the lower plastic trim (service "bribed" me with $200) so they don't have to replace it... Also there was some white residue over paint edges, apparently from polishing compound. It all came out easily with cloth. Otherwise, the car was in perfect condition.

Unfortunately it didn't come with mobile charger (I ordered it separately, should be arriving tomorrow). It also doesn't have the parcel shelf.

Got new door panels which I'm very happy with. Alcantara is very nice near the armrest area. It has all the other things Ryzen computer, matrix headlights etc. It also came with Michelin all seasons.

Speaking of tires, I spoke stopped at the service center to ask about proper winter tires. The advise I got is that 21" and 20" rims fit on the performance model Y and 19" are too close to brake calipers. Tech also told me that if I can't buy them in store, I should make service appointment

The red is stunning! It gets more serious on cloudy day and nice, cheerful bright red in sun. Looks awesome in the rain as well.

We took our time checking it over and after paperwork and insurance it was time to go home. Even though I have test driven it before, having extra time to really enjoy the ride was amazing. The car is out of this world! I can see why some people think that interior is 'cheap'. It certainly does not have the luxury feel to it, but I don't mind it at all. To me the tech is the biggest selling point and it does not disappoint!

I've driven about 500km over the last couple of days, some on the city streets, some on highways and the autopilot is awesome. Still trying to figure out what it can actually do. I'm also waiting for the newest software version that is not available to download yet.

After the first day there was some rain and the next morning I got some phantom braking couple times. Once the roads were dry I have wiped all the camera lenses on the outside of the car to make sure there are no spots on them. No phantom braking since then... Am I onto something?? :D Now waiting for the next rain ;)

Supercharging is a breeze, car arrives with pre-conditioned battery and got very good speed form the get go.

Overall, I am extremely happy with it, I echo other voices that it was really worth the wait!
Tesla.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: WALLEVE and CV-MY
Well, I picked the car (MYP Red) last Friday and met a friend who was picking his Model S at the same time. I suppose the date was meant to be ;)

The car came in very good shape. Got a small scratch on the lower plastic trim (service "bribed" me with $200) so they don't have to replace it... Also there was some white residue over paint edges, apparently from polishing compound. It all came out easily with cloth. Otherwise, the car was in perfect condition.

Unfortunately it didn't come with mobile charger (I ordered it separately, should be arriving tomorrow). It also doesn't have the parcel shelf.

Got new door panels which I'm very happy with. Alcantara is very nice near the armrest area. It has all the other things Ryzen computer, matrix headlights etc. It also came with Michelin all seasons.

Speaking of tires, I spoke stopped at the service center to ask about proper winter tires. The advise I got is that 21" and 20" rims fit on the performance model Y and 19" are too close to brake calipers. Tech also told me that if I can't buy them in store, I should make service appointment

The red is stunning! It gets more serious on cloudy day and nice, cheerful bright red in sun. Looks awesome in the rain as well.

We took our time checking it over and after paperwork and insurance it was time to go home. Even though I have test driven it before, having extra time to really enjoy the ride was amazing. The car is out of this world! I can see why some people think that interior is 'cheap'. It certainly does not have the luxury feel to it, but I don't mind it at all. To me the tech is the biggest selling point and it does not disappoint!

I've driven about 500km over the last couple of days, some on the city streets, some on highways and the autopilot is awesome. Still trying to figure out what it can actually do. I'm also waiting for the newest software version that is not available to download yet.

After the first day there was some rain and the next morning I got some phantom braking couple times. Once the roads were dry I have wiped all the camera lenses on the outside of the car to make sure there are no spots on them. No phantom braking since then... Am I onto something?? :D Now waiting for the next rain ;)

Supercharging is a breeze, car arrives with pre-conditioned battery and got very good speed form the get go.

Overall, I am extremely happy with it, I echo other voices that it was really worth the wait!
View attachment 846903
Thanks for the comprehensive delivery recap! I’m curious if Tesla gave any other specific details around the 19” wheels being ‘too close’ to the calipers. Is it for heat dissipation under hard braking maybe?? We currently have 19’s on our MYP and I am planning to get 19” winters as well. I certainly don’t want to have any issues and only went with 19s after confirming online that many others were running Gemini wheels on their MYP with no apparent issues. The 21’s look awesome but I wanted the 19s for several key reasons.
- increased range
-resilience to blow outs / damage from pot holes
- increased load carrying capacity
- ability to rotate front / back
- cheaper to replace

Glad you are loving your Y! It’s beautiful. I love the red. 😁

Picked up our MYLR7 today. Nearly perfect. Small amount of adhesive on the back headrest. Driver side b pillar trim was re adjusted to fix the gap by the headliner and the second row seat back trim had to get reattached. Spent 45 min going thru my checklist.

Comes with updated door panels and matrix headlights. Vin F535.

Located in BC Canada 🇨🇦
Ordered Dec 21
85EB68E7-DE71-43A3-86AB-90C3CC953D99.jpeg