Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver, BC Model 3 SR+ Subwoofer installation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope, no issues at all. I was waiting for the 12v issue to crop up again for the longest time, but nothing. Just watched a nearly 2 hour movie "idling" at the kid's practice with the heat on, etc., and no issues. An extra bonus to having the speakers installed that I would never in a million years have thought I would use (ie, for watching movies in the car).

Thanks very much, I am going to get the system upgraded at Sounds Good..can't wait :)

As my wife likes to say, I usually have buyer's remorse before I even pull the trigger on purchases, but no regrets at all on this one. I still enjoy the sound system on every drive, and it's led me to expand the genres of music I listen to as everything sounds better!!

I didn't bother going back to have the rear shelf speakers activated, but would be curious to know whether that's a route you've decided to go down.

My wife gets a laugh out of my agonizing over purchases too....she's "fun" that way.......:)

Yes I am going to have the rears activated , the fellow at Sounds Good said they have modified their recommendations , based in part I think on what they learned from your car.

I have no delivery date yet but I intend to drive the car directly to them the day I pick it up from Tesla. You are more than welcome to compare results once it's done to see if there is any difference.

I'm the second owner to get the SoundsGood system. I activated the front door tweeters and added a 10" subwoofer similar to 9-Volt (which I listened to at Electrafest). I'm actually going back on Saturday to get the rear shelf speakers activated and system retuned. Since picking up the car from SoundsGood, I have since sound deadened the rear shelf as well as the door skins and whatever else I could that was rattling from the new subwoofer. Overall I'm pleased with the sound and quality of the system. I've done some work on my car myself and was able to see their work as well and I must say that their quality for installation is top notch. They didn't cut corners, they used tesa tape wherever possible, all connections are soldered. End of the day, it's more $ than RPM but you get what you pay for.

PS, amp signal is off of VCLEFT. I believe they grabbed the 12v power for the amp from under the rear seats rather than the battery in the frunk.

Reactions: 9-Volt
I'm the second owner to get the SoundsGood system. I activated the front door tweeters and added a 10" subwoofer similar to 9-Volt (which I listened to at Electrafest). I'm actually going back on Saturday to get the rear shelf speakers activated and system retuned. Since picking up the car from SoundsGood, I have since sound deadened the rear shelf as well as the door skins and whatever else I could that was rattling from the new subwoofer. Overall I'm pleased with the sound and quality of the system. I've done some work on my car myself and was able to see their work as well and I must say that their quality for installation is top notch. They didn't cut corners, they used tesa tape wherever possible, all connections are soldered. End of the day, it's more $ than RPM but you get what you pay for.

PS, amp signal is off of VCLEFT. I believe they grabbed the 12v power for the amp from under the rear seats rather than the battery in the frunk.

That’s interesting. Let us know if you get any errors.

No errors so far. From what I've gathered, you can't tap directly into the 12v battery at the front unless you hook up some sort of resistor to delay the amps from turning on all at once. Even then, you shouldn't need to run the power wires all the way to the frunk when there's a 12v terminal under the rear seats which would help you save 6ft of power cable. SoundsGood did that for mine and they also installed the resistor for the remote wire - sometimes one doesn't turn on which is annoying and I'll be bringing that to Keith's attention tomorrow.

Thanks for the general feedback.

Would love to know your assessment after the retune (which I haven't done myself yet) and, especially, activation of the rear shelf speakers!

I've listened to a premium interior sound system for comparison. The front half of the car sounds almost identical to mine (it should since the speakers are the same and running similar power). The major difference is my mid range speakers pound harder than the premiums. The subwoofer in the premium is subtle but it lacks punch. The 10" subwoofer that soundsgood installed really makes a huge difference. However with that being said, the lack of bass in the premium allowed me to hear the rear shelf speaker which is nice as it filled in that area with vocals. Not so important when you're listening to music, but for Netflix and videos, that is a game changer!

No errors so far. From what I've gathered, you can't tap directly into the 12v battery at the front unless you hook up some sort of resistor to delay the amps from turning on all at once. Even then, you shouldn't need to run the power wires all the way to the frunk when there's a 12v terminal under the rear seats which would help you save 6ft of power cable. SoundsGood did that for mine and they also installed the resistor for the remote wire - sometimes one doesn't turn on which is annoying and I'll be bringing that to Keith's attention tomorrow.

Curious to know what model amp(s) you're using and whether your balance/fade still works (i.e. are your front door tweeters getting signal from your front dash speakers?).

Also very interested to know how much the full setup cost you from SoundsGood, including Saturday's work

Curious to know what model amp(s) you're using and whether your balance/fade still works (i.e. are your front door tweeters getting signal from your front dash speakers?).

Also very interested to know how much the full setup cost you from SoundsGood, including Saturday's work

I'm running Audison AP8.9 bit for the speakers and AP1D for the sub. The balance and fade all work.

Unfortunately I cannot discuss the price as I've known Keith for many years and this was a one time deal for me. You'll need to contact SoundsGood for an actual quote.
IMG-20191101-WA0026.jpg IMG-20191101-WA0027.jpg
IMG-20191101-WA0026.jpg
IMG-20191101-WA0027.jpg

Question for those who got this done, is there a lot of rattling? Saw some videos who have the performance and even though the sub is not the best, they experienced a lot of rattling issues