Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC paint protection shop Recommendation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On Saturday 22, 2018, I took delivery of a brand new, beautiful white Tesla Performance model 3. Prior to this date, I did a lot of research on how best to keep the car looking it’s best for as long as possible.

Like many Tesla owners, I decided to go with a paint protection film and ceramic coating.

After calling several shops in the Vancouver area I found RDI detailing located in Richmond. I had emailed them asking general questions and was very impressed with how responsive they were. In contrast, the other shops in the area made me feel like they were doing me a favor...

In addition the website was very well designed and all the prices were reasonable and upfront.

I decided to go with them and well, I’ll just let the pics speak for themselves. I highly recommend these guys if you live in the Vancouver area.

Their website is here https://www.rdidetailing.ca/

Attachments

• F7B38363-6660-4F29-896C-1356C9CC5F9C.jpeg
    F7B38363-6660-4F29-896C-1356C9CC5F9C.jpeg
    233 KB · Views: 599
  • 4B192D00-98C0-4F76-AB6A-6B5BC1FEC98D.jpeg
    4B192D00-98C0-4F76-AB6A-6B5BC1FEC98D.jpeg
    306.6 KB · Views: 504
  • 064179BD-0B3A-4EA2-96F1-75AE960E1597.jpeg
    064179BD-0B3A-4EA2-96F1-75AE960E1597.jpeg
    230.4 KB · Views: 526
  • 3FF5A20D-54B4-47BD-9B43-4730CB0D53E7.jpeg
    3FF5A20D-54B4-47BD-9B43-4730CB0D53E7.jpeg
    322.5 KB · Views: 508
What did it cost you? I have white as well!
All the prices are on the website. The clear coats range from $700 to $1600 for top of the line and the PPF ranged from $1500 for front bumper to $6000 for the entire car. These prices were more or less what the other shops were quoting

I got top of line clear coat and full front Ppf. Cost $3700... Service included full cleaning, paint correction and polishing prior to Ppf and coating

Looks great Chris! I am going with Autowerkes Exclusive in Mapleridge. Ken's a great guy and a perfectionist. Communicated with Ken by Phone and Email and answered all my questions and concerns.
Mine goes in October 1st. Picked up my P3D+ White on September 19th.
I hope you remembered to leave the Ceramic Coating off the areas where the Badge and Spoiler go as it will not adhere to the Ceramic Coating.

Looks great Chris! I am going with Autowerkes Exclusive in Mapleridge. Ken's a great guy and a perfectionist. Communicated with Ken by Phone and Email and answered all my questions and concerns.
I hope you remembered to leave the Ceramic Coating off the areas where the Badge and Spoiler go as it will not adhere to the Ceramic Coating.

Crap really? Never heard of that. Where did you read that?

Our service:
Ceramic coating OPTI - COAT PRO & PRO PLUS
Paint Film Protection (Xpel Ultimate Plus, SunTek Ultra )
Window tint installation
Paint correction / Polishing

Facebook: RDI Detailing - Ceramic Coating Vancouver

Instagram: RDI Detailing Ceramic Coating (@rdidetailing) • Instagram photos and videos

Tesla Model 3 Solid Black after Paint Corretion .jpg
Tesla Model 3 &  Opti Coat Pro Plus.jpg
Tesla Model 3 at RDI Detailing.jpg
Tesla Mode 3 .jpg
Tesla Model X Opti Coat Pro Plus .jpg
Always welcome to our shop for free consultation

Our service:
Ceramic coating Opti Coat PRO & PRO +
Paint Film Protection (Xpel, SunTek, Hexis BodyFence)
Window tint installation
PPF & Opti Coat Ceramic coating installation  .jpg
PPF & Opti Coat Pro Plus.jpg

https://www.rdidetailing.ca/

Instagram: RDI Detailing Ceramic Coating (@rdidetailing) • Instagram photos and videos

Last edited:
... I am going with Autowerkes Exclusive in Mapleridge. Ken's a great guy and a perfectionist. Communicated with Ken by Phone and Email and answered all my questions and concerns.

How was your experience and how are things holding up? I'm in the Tri-Cities and looking for a place to take my coming Red LR AWD.

I have to say my experience has been great. The car looks brand new still! The ceramic on top of the paint protection makes it easy to keep clean. Ken is a great guy and easy to deal with. He has a lot of experience with Tesla. He used to detail the cars for Tesla.
I have 7500km on my Model 3 now and it looks like it was just delivered yesterday.

How was your experience and how are things holding up? I'm in the Tri-Cities and looking for a place to take my coming Red LR AWD.

There’s a detailer in Tri that works out of a home detailing shop, he’s supposed to be good. Terence / GlossWorks - his quotes aren’t cheap.

I heard RDI is good, SpeedLabs both in Richmond. PH Solar on Kingsway. N-Motion I think? In Burnaby.

I haven’t personally tried any of these, just shop names I’ve seen people recommend.

Picked up my M3 SR+ from Ceramic Coating – Vancouver. Сeramic Glass paint protection for cars, boats and planes. at the end of last week. Had a full body PPF wrap done with Suntek Ultra. This is a new product they told me that adds gloss and is self healing.

These guys and in a great brand new shop just by the airport. Timur and Igor were very flexible in working around my schedule. If you're going away, they'll even drop you at the airport and then work on your car while away. Process was done in a timely manner. Very professional service by these guys - they even lock the car in the secured shop overnight vs. leaving it out on the road.

The great thing with Gleamworks is that they use a computer cutter that precuts the PPF into the shape of each particular vehicle. So no scalpel cutting on the car or around edging - each piece cut exactly to the car.

The PPF is amazing - as Nilroc mentioned the it makes the car look brand new again. I have 7000kms on mine and it looks like day #1 again. Highly recommend these guys if you are looking for any tinting / PPF / ceramics / caliper paint job

Attachments

• IMG_3144.jpg
    IMG_3144.jpg
    535.5 KB · Views: 370
  • IMG_3143.jpg
    IMG_3143.jpg
    477.7 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_3146.jpg
    IMG_3146.jpg
    502.9 KB · Views: 370
Our services:

Ceramic Coating: Opti - Coat PRO / PRO +
/ Paint Protection Film: (Xpel Ultimate Plus / SunTek Ultra)

Vinyl wrap: (Avery Dennison / 3M)
Window tint

Over 150 Tesla projects have been done in last 2 years.

( Model 3, Model X / S)

Tesla paint issues:

Our blog: https://www.rdidetailing.ca/blog

Always welcome to our shop for free consultations!

Contact info:
(778) 899-1454 / Roman
[email protected]

IMG_3898.jpg
IMG_3679.JPG
IMG_3619.JPG
IMG_3939.JPG
IMG_3960.JPG
IMG_4283.JPG
IMG_3945.JPG
IMG_4096.JPG

Reactions: Roald44
Guys at Gleamworks detailing are the best!
Brought in my new car to get their ultimate PPF+ ceramic coating package about 6 months ago and absolutely loved the work they did.
Recently got in car accident and had to come back to reinstall PPF and ceramic on front bumper and right fender under ICBC claim. It was easy as they did all work contacting ICBC and making all arrangements.
These guys are top notch highly recommend!
IMG_9513 (1).jpg

i'm reviving this thread because I'm interested to hear newer opinions on paint protection.

I'm getting my black M3 in September and I'm wondering if I should get a clear coat asap. I'm excited to hear that it still looked like new after a year for some users but I'm wondering if that's not the case anyway, or at least that's what SHOULD be the case for new cars? But then again, I want to protect such an expensive piece of technology "at all costs"...

I have a 2018 Pearl White Model 3 Performance. As soon as I got delivery I scheduled an appointment with Ken of Autowerkes in Mapleridge. I get comments all the time about how it looks like it just came off the showroom floor. I believe it is a great investment as you get absolutely no chipping of paint from flying rocks. Obviously you may get a nick in the PPF if it gets hit by a rock at highway speeds. But the key is it does not chip the paint. That said have driven to Seattle and Edmonton several times and after 2 years I only got 2 nicks in the PPF. One on the front right quarter panel and one on the front bumper. The front end of the Model 3 that is very susceptible to chipping. I had mine completely done with PPF. You don't necessarily have to do the whole car but I would recommend doing the front end and rocker panels.
I also had ceramic coating done on the whole car and windows excluding the windshield . PPF is only as good as the person that cares for it.
I make sure I wash the car once a week. PPF does not like organic material sitting on it for longer periods than one week. If you do keep up up with regular washings the car looks brand new. Nothing sticks with the Ceramic Coating. I just Blow Dry it. No need to towel dry.
I'm not sure how much they have improved the paint on the newer Model 3's but I do know all paint on all cars can chip from road material hitting it. It was the first time I had ever done PPF and Ceramic coat to any of my cars and will be doing it again when I get a Tesla Roadster in 2022. Thanks to Tesla Stock. Thanks Tesla!