Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Red Model 3 with Aero... VIN 290xx downstairs at W 4th today. Starting to get antsy, why hasn't anyone called me to schedule my delivery yet???

There's also the rebate to consider, if there's still rebate funds available when AWD comes to BC:

Description Price (CAD) Long Range Battery $11,900 Model 3 $45,600 Premium Upgrades $6,600 Pearl White Paint $1,300 18’’ Aero Wheels Included Enhanced Autopilot $6,600 Subtotal $72,000 Destination and Documentation Fee $1,300 Total $73,300

$73,300 plus $6,500 for AWD = 78,300.00

If you remove the Dest. and Doc. fees it comes to exactly $77,000k.

Effective March 2, 2016, vehicles with a MSRP of over $77,000 shall not be considered eligible for the incentive rebate.

So there's hope for AWD, AP and rebate for those who are waiting. I guess you can pay for AP later but then it costs more. Still worth it though, if it means you can claim the rebate.

My understanding is that MSRP, as defined by the CEV program, is only the base price of the car. There's no wording anywhere that calls out a selling price of under $77,000 to qualify for the rebate, only MSRP.

For example, a Volvo XC90 T8 optioned out to over $90k can still qualify for the rebate as the base car stickers for under 77k and is explicitly listed as a qualifying vehicle. Note that this differs from the Ontario program which specifically calls out only the Momentum (base) XC90 T8 as qualifying for a rebate, while the higher R-design and Inscription trims do not qualify.

Given how the Model 3 is explicitly listed as Long Range + RWD at $57,500, I believe the AWD version will qualify and be listed as Long Range + AWD at $6x,xxx, and no matter how you option it, it will qualify for the rebate.

Regardless, if taking a software option off will help you save tax, Tesla will take it off and allow you to purchase it after delivery at the original configurator price. I just did this by taking off EAP on an inventory Model S to bring it below the 20% tax cut off mark.

I'm more interested in what you're currently driving in that pic.

Huracan Performante - slower to 100km/h than even my old P90D! ;)

Red Model 3 with Aero... VIN 290xx downstairs at W 4th today. Starting to get antsy, why hasn't anyone called me to schedule my delivery yet???

was it 29064 ??

My understanding is that MSRP, as defined by the CEV program, is only the base price of the car. There's no wording anywhere that calls out a selling price of under $77,000 to qualify for the rebate, only MSRP.

For example, a Volvo XC90 T8 optioned out to over $90k can still qualify for the rebate as the base car stickers for under 77k and is explicitly listed as a qualifying vehicle. Note that this differs from the Ontario program which specifically calls out only the Momentum (base) XC90 T8 as qualifying for a rebate, while the higher R-design and Inscription trims do not qualify.

Given how the Model 3 is explicitly listed as Long Range + RWD at $57,500, I believe the AWD version will qualify and be listed as Long Range + AWD at $6x,xxx, and no matter how you option it, it will qualify for the rebate.

Regardless, if taking a software option off will help you save tax, Tesla will take it off and allow you to purchase it after delivery at the original configurator price. I just did this by taking off EAP on an inventory Model S to bring it below the 20% tax cut off mark.

Huracan Performante - slower to 100km/h than even my old P90D! ;)

Thank's for sharing and I hope what you mentioned is true. That it's the car's base price or AP can be purchased after at configurator price.

I just got an email from ISA based out of Las Vegas. It basically says that your VIN and credit application are now available and I should submit it ASAP. But when I check my account, I don’t see the VIN or the credit application, even after refreshing the page multiple times. I do see my VIN in the online store. Anyone had same issue?

I just got an email from ISA based out of Las Vegas. It basically says that your VIN and credit application are now available and I should submit it ASAP. But when I check my account, I don’t see the VIN or the credit application, even after refreshing the page multiple times. I do see my VIN in the online store. Anyone had same issue?

Yes, just like you I didn't see a credit application button or link in the Payment section of my Tesla Account. I emailed my ISA back to ask if I should just fill out the regular credit app found here and just choose "Model S" since Model 3 wasn't listed. Being completely impatient and over-excited, I didn't really wait to hear back from her and ended up doing just that. Of course, a few minutes after submitting it I received an email back from her advising me not to do that as it might get lost in the abyss and telling me she would try to get the link working on my account again. Fortunately, when I logged back into my account it said "Your loan application has been approved! Please review and confirm your terms." I guess you can take your chances with the abyss and do it my way or email your ISA back to let them know the financing link isn't showing up on your account page.

It sounds as though our VINs won't show up until approx a week before delivery, however you may be able to see the last 5 digits of your VIN by putting a HPWC into your shopping cart. When I asked my DA about this, she confirmed that was in fact my VIN and provided me with the full number.

I checked with my insurance guy and he says
“ICBC does not have model 3
Based on Telsa Model S
The premium including
43% discount with work less than 15 km with 10 years experience, collision and Comp, roadside plus and replacement cost
Estimated is $3000 around $250 per month “

Anybody else checked?

Reactions: phtp
Yes, just like you I didn't see a credit application button or link in the Payment section of my Tesla Account. I emailed my ISA back to ask if I should just fill out the regular credit app found here and just choose "Model S" since Model 3 wasn't listed. Being completely impatient and over-excited, I didn't really wait to hear back from her and ended up doing just that. Of course, a few minutes after submitting it I received an email back from her advising me not to do that as it might get lost in the abyss and telling me she would try to get the link working on my account again. Fortunately, when I logged back into my account it said "Your loan application has been approved! Please review and confirm your terms." I guess you can take your chances with the abyss and do it my way or email your ISA back to let them know the financing link isn't showing up on your account page.

It sounds as though our VINs won't show up until approx a week before delivery, however you may be able to see the last 5 digits of your VIN by putting a HPWC into your shopping cart. When I asked my DA about this, she confirmed that was in fact my VIN and provided me with the full number.

Thank you for your detailed reply. Just like you I emailed her back right away but haven’t heard back until now. I’ll take my chances and fill out the credit application and submit it. Hopefully it gets through otherwise hoping someone will get back to me on Saturday. Good luck with your delivery, these are exciting times for sure :)

Reactions: Kira
Thank's for sharing and I hope what you mentioned is true. That it's the car's base price or AP can be purchased after at configurator price.

That is definitely how it works at the moment - if it helps the customer save on tax or incentive, they will allow purchasing of the option immediately after delivery at the config price. I took EAP off an inventory S just this week to bring it under the 20% tax cutoff, and I will then purchase the option at service after delivery. That actually saves even more tax, as service will only be taxed 12% and not subject to any luxury tax.

If it really does affect eligibility for the CEV rebate I don't see why they wouldn't allow the same, but as I said I don't think options should affect eligibility as long as the car is explicitly listed as qualifying.

June 5 for me!

Oh man... am I the only one left without a call or delivery date?!

• Love
Reactions: phtp
In the same boat... Emails back and forth but no date yet. Are you guys current owners?

How many people getting EAP in Vancouver? I want it but not sure its worth the cost. I do very little Highway driving but make the occasional trip down to the states and my daily commute is only 7km so I just can't justify it. I wish they had a trial like they did a couple of years ago.

In the same boat... Emails back and forth but no date yet. Are you guys current owners?

How many people getting EAP in Vancouver? I want it but not sure its worth the cost. I do very little Highway driving but make the occasional trip down to the states and my daily commute is only 7km so I just can't justify it. I wish they had a trial like they did a couple of years ago.

Non owner and yes I did get EAP. I travel about 30km on Highway each way to work and back.