Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The first time it happened was when the car was parked at home. Couldn't get any consistent LTE even with driving around, resetting the display, and rebooting the car. The display was also black, which was no bueno. Drove home, had shower, and the LTE returned on its own after that.

The second time it happened, I had anticipated that we'd lose LTE, as we were driving to Shirley and always lose cell signal out there. The display stayed on this time, thankfully. Rebooting the car didn't do anything in terms of the LTE that time either - the car regained LTE on its own after returning to "civilization".
Kira, do you by chance live in a condo shaped like a ship? We do and think we might see your car in our underground parking garage. Might be good to connect about the building getting an EV charger if this is you.

Reactions: Kira
Kira, do you by chance live in a condo shaped like a ship? We do and think we might see your car in our underground parking garage. Might be good to connect about the building getting an EV charger if this is you.

A condo shaped like a ship? I didn’t even know a place like that existed in town - that’s pretty cool! Unfortunately, that’s not my car you’re seeing - we live in a house (and have a HPWC). Are you going to the EV meet up tomorrow? Maybe whoever has the red Model 3 in your building will be there. Alternately I suppose you could leave them a little note on their windshield next time you see the car in the garage?

I ordered last Monday and it said 4-8 weeks now it’s shows nothing
Called Tesla and they had no clue, not the customer experience so far.

When you login into your account, do you get the "Complete the steps below to take delivery."? For me, on the right side of that page, it indicates the reservation number, price and at the bottom a delivery date between that time frame.

When you login into your account, do you get the "Complete the steps below to take delivery."? For me, on the right side of that page, it indicates the reservation number, price and at the bottom a delivery date between that time frame.

It only said “We will reach out to to to schedule delivery”
If you go to the top of the page and click model 3, in the middle section it said check your estimated delivery, it used to say 4-8 weeks on mine now it said nothing.
What does it show on your end?

It only said “We will reach out to to to schedule delivery”
If you go to the top of the page and click model 3, in the middle section it said check your estimated delivery, it used to say 4-8 weeks on mine now it said nothing.
What does it show on your end?

Going that route doesn't show anything but that I placed the order. To get to my page that I'm referring to: From the main page, you click on top right "Tesla Account", then Manage under your reservation number, this will lead you to the page. Note that when I was doing this yesterday, RWD, Dual motor showed 3-5 Months and performance showed 2-4 month delivery. I was day one in-store reservation holder and non-tesla owner.

Going that route doesn't show anything but that I placed the order. To get to my page that I'm referring to: From the main page, you click on top right "Tesla Account", then Manage under your reservation number, this will lead you to the page. Note that when I was doing this yesterday, RWD, Dual motor showed 3-5 Months and performance showed 2-4 month delivery. I was day one in-store reservation holder and non-tesla owner.

Yea but no estimate date under the reservation number

Yea but no estimate date under the reservation number

Maybe best respond back to the email you got after ordering. Sounds like it could be processed like the initial batches since everyone else that ordered this week was given a timeframe.

I don't think even Tesla have an answer for us, but i think we should be in good shape in terms of rebate

You might be good for the rebate assuming it arrives in the next two months, but I'm not sure if everyone else is. Seems like they opened it up for everyone that put down a reservation (even people who reserved two months ago). I personally wouldn't hold my breath on the rebate considering how the 13M went down to 7M once they started delivering model 3, plus it's a rebate for other manufacturers too. With Gas prices these days I'm sure more people are thinking of going EV or hybrid.

I don't think even Tesla have an answer for us, but i think we should be in good shape in terms of rebate

Tesla doesn't do the application for the rebate for you until you have a VIN (the application form requires it). If you get your VIN in the summer, then you may still be able to squeak in. If you are not getting a VIN until the fall, i'm not sure if there'll be rebate left.

I dropped by the West 4th location today to ogle the red model 3 on display and ask the sales guys some questions. One interesting tidbit I was told is that my Day 1 reservation (thanks to my "cousin" for letting me use his) still gives me priority on having the car built. I thought it would only give you priority on configuring the vehicle but it will supposedly give me priority on others who placed their reservation after me but configured around the same time.

I thought it would only give you priority on configuring the vehicle but it will supposedly give me priority on others who placed their reservation after me but configured around the same time.

I think your original understanding is correct. I spoke with someone at that same dealership over the phone this morning and that's what they said. However, he wasn't sure and no one else there would know.

I thought it would only give you priority on configuring the vehicle but it will supposedly give me priority on others who placed their reservation after me but configured around the same time.

That makes sense to me too, except for some exceptions. For example, let's say people want white, AP, aero, -- then first reservation gets priority over later ones as that config comes out of the factory. But let's say someone wants white, no-AP, aero and is an early reservation holder (but not day 1) vs. same config but later reservation holder. I think the later reservation holder gets bumped forward -- because the extra cash is significant for Tesla doing nothing but pushing a software button. I think very early reservation holders still get priority no matter what but after that I think Tesla fishes for cash and bumps configs they want to sell to those who want them, regardless of where they are on the list. That's just my guess though, of course.