Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty much, i'm actually hoping it's a quick sale as we have a second car I can drive until the model 3 shows up. I'm going to try posting mine on Seattle craigslist due to the stronger USD, it might entice someone to come up here and get a 25% discount on it.
Good idea. But getting paid may be a little more
Challenging - foreign bank draft etc.
I’m still confused on the taxes for the model 3.

Good idea. But getting paid may be a little more
Challenging - foreign bank draft etc.
I’m still confused on the taxes for the model 3.
The taxes are actually pretty straight forward. As this is considered a luxury vehicle, we get hit with a little higher tax rate. The combined tax rises to 15% on a vehicle that costs $57K to $124999.99. Its works out to 10% pst and 5% gst.

I’m still confused on the taxes for the model 3

5% GST -- Plus our BC PST "luxury tax", for vehicles, as follows:

$55,000 to $55,999.99 7% PST plus 1% Luxury tax. $56,000 to $56,999.99 7% PST plus 2% Luxury tax. $57,000 to $124,999.99 7% PST plus 3% Luxury tax. $125,000 to $149,999.99 7% PST plus 8% Luxury tax (effective April 1, 2018)

So for the price of the 3 at about $72k, you have to pay 7%PST plus 3% PST "luxury tax", plus 5%GST = 15%.

Then you get $5k back in the EV rebate but only after taxes.

• Informative
Reactions: Koflach
Not to burst any bubbles, but I think Tesla may be in the process of rolling out widespread changes to the order confirmation page. Mine has changed too since yesterday, but still no VIN (confirmed using the "home charger in shopping cart" trick) and delivery date is still set to Sept-Nov (AWD). See this reddit thread: r/teslamotors - New Model 3 Order Confirmation Page

Yes there's the new confirmation pages that are rolling out. My page is still on the old one with a Aug-Oct delivery date and the edit button still there. I believe @Koflach ordered a RWD so it's plausible that his delivery date is coming up pretty soon. Performance/Delivery dates are still way out. I don't expect mine till late September/October.

Yes there's the new confirmation pages that are rolling out. My page is still on the old one with a Aug-Oct delivery date and the edit button still there. I believe @Koflach ordered a RWD so it's plausible that his delivery date is coming up pretty soon. Performance/Delivery dates are still way out. I don't expect mine till late September/October.

I am RWD as well. Day one reservation.

Not to burst any bubbles, but I think Tesla may be in the process of rolling out widespread changes to the order confirmation page. Mine has changed too since yesterday, but still no VIN (confirmed using the "home charger in shopping cart" trick) and delivery date is still set to Sept-Nov (AWD). See this reddit thread: r/teslamotors - New Model 3 Order Confirmation Page

Did yours change with the tasks to confirm the information or similar to the screenshot on reddit?

Last edited:
Yea looks like many people got the same confirmation screen. In my mind I am still thinking August is the soonest delivery date as they will probably do a batch of cars like last time. The wording was quite misleading thought, “We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.”

Reactions: T3l5aFan
I called Tesla today as I needed to make a change (financing instead of cash) and was told that I still don't have a VIN assigned but I would be contacted by someone in their delivery department about my financing. Once I hear from them I'll pass on any info I get,

Thanks. I'm in the same boat and will do the same. I ordered an AWD so you'll most likely get the notification first.

Reactions: T3l5aFan
I called Tesla today as I needed to make a change (financing instead of cash) and was told that I still don't have a VIN assigned but I would be contacted by someone in their delivery department about my financing. Once I hear from them I'll pass on any info I get,

Thanks. Just figuring out my car sale. If we were like every other major city in the world and had Uber and Lyft it would be easy to go carless for a while. It sucks that we are uniquely stuck with overpriced inefficient taxis.

Reactions: Canuck
Did yours change with the tasks to confirm the information or similar to the screenshot on reddit?

Yes, I went through each section to confirm the information. One downside of this new UI is that you can't edit your order through the website anymore. Looks like you need to actually call Tesla to make changes. Not a big deal for me, since I have it configured the way I want. But no more "disappearing edit button" to know when your car is getting close to delivery...