Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why not? it's like shipping cars to the Washington State.

Yes, agreed, financially speaking. But that's only one aspect. Tesla says this to Transport Canada regarding the S/X (nothing on the 3 yet but I bet they just add it in below soon):

Note-2: Tesla Motors has informed Transport Canada that Tesla service centers are currently not in a position to support the substantial modifications required to bring U.S. Model S and Model X vehicles into compliance with Canadian requirements. Contact the manufacturer for further details.

I think the factory makes vehicles specifically for Canada (other than just a software change) so a car ordered in Washington State likely has a better chance of making it there before here since I think they make our vehicles in batches (and smaller ones) rather then just adjusting the software. But someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, agreed, financially speaking. But that's only one aspect. Tesla says this to Transport Canada regarding the S/X (nothing on the 3 yet but I bet they just add it in below soon):

Note-2: Tesla Motors has informed Transport Canada that Tesla service centers are currently not in a position to support the substantial modifications required to bring U.S. Model S and Model X vehicles into compliance with Canadian requirements. Contact the manufacturer for further details.

I think the factory makes vehicles specifically for Canada (other than just a software change) so a car ordered in Washington State likely has a better chance of making it there before here since I think they make our vehicles in batches (and smaller ones) rather then just adjusting the software. But someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

I was only referring to the financial side of things with transportation and distance, not so much on paperwork since the comment was about margins. At least that's how I interrupt the comment. The RIV states what the manufacturer (Tesla) told them, and many have suspected this was done to prevent grey market vehicles (I looked into importing a Model S and used Model S within Canada before moving forward on the Model 3). At one point I was talking to a dealership where they informed me that Tesla car history reports, like carfax will actually show it was imported from the US. Not because it was manufactured there, but some history to the VIN registered stateside before importing into Canada.

I have some potential progress. This morning I noticed that I could no longer use the link trick (copy the link here Tesla SSO – Login and replace the XXXXX with your RN) to edit the configuration of my vehicle. Now, I cannot yet say that this is due to having a VIN but I confirmed that others still can use this way to edit their config.

I decided to email Tesla Finance as they are the only people from Tesla that seem to respond to emails and ask for an update. The response I got was that they were getting Emily from delivery to assist in my inquiry.

In the past, when i'd ask them about my VIN, I would get generic answers like "An advisor will be in contact with you once you are closer to delivery to arrange all the items". Fingers crossed.

I have some potential progress. This morning I noticed that I could no longer use the link trick (copy the link here Tesla SSO – Login and replace the XXXXX with your RN) to edit the configuration of my vehicle. Now, I cannot yet say that this is due to having a VIN but I confirmed that others still can use this way to edit their config.

I decided to email Tesla Finance as they are the only people from Tesla that seem to respond to emails and ask for an update. The response I got was that they were getting Emily from delivery to assist in my inquiry.

In the past, when i'd ask them about my VIN, I would get generic answers like "An advisor will be in contact with you once you are closer to delivery to arrange all the items". Fingers crossed.

Can you login into the Tesla app and see your referral code? For some reason this started working yesterday even though i don’t own a Tesla yet.

Reactions: T3l5aFan

I am not seeing the "edit" button either. Where should i be looking?

i should be more clear
i did use your link provided and entered my RN accordingly!
I see. All i can tell you is that yesterday it worked, today it doesn't. I'm waiting to hear from a Delivery Advisor who can hopefully shed some light on what's going on. Once I know more, i'll let you all know. Hopefully, this means my car is now in production but i'm trying not to get my hopes up.

Reactions: Canuck
I see. All i can tell you is that yesterday it worked, today it doesn't. I'm waiting to hear from a Delivery Advisor who can hopefully shed some light on what's going on. Once I know more, i'll let you all know. Hopefully, this means my car is now in production but i'm trying not to get my hopes up.

That link always redirected me after ordering and confirming the details with the except for the financing change. Are you referring to this URL instead? Tesla

Did you call local store?
nope, the local store is clueless. When I called the store on West 4th in early June I was still being told that for new orders it would be 12-18 months for delivery.

I called 1-888-518-3752 and asked if I could still edit the configuration of my vehicle (I could no longer edit the vehicle by using the URL trick as of 2 days ago). I was told that their system shows me as having a VIN assigned and any changes could incur penalties and would set me back 2+ months. I quickly told him that nope, i'm good with what I have.

nope, the local store is clueless. When I called the store on West 4th in early June I was still being told that for new orders it would be 12-18 months for delivery.

I called 1-888-518-3752 and asked if I could still edit the configuration of my vehicle (I could no longer edit the vehicle by using the URL trick as of 2 days ago). I was told that their system shows me as having a VIN assigned and any changes could incur penalties and would set me back 2+ months. I quickly told him that nope, i'm good with what I have.

Sounds like they finally allocated room on a transport truck for you :D

Reactions: Koflach