Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
based on the number of people that we are starting to see get assigned VIN's in BC, I wouldn't expect the CEV discount to last much more than early to mid October. If I were you, I'd be contacting Tesla weekly to look for updates. Another way to check if you have a VIN is to see if you can still edit your vehicle. Go to Tesla SSO – Login and replace the X with your RN.

Yup I've been tracking the progress of the CEV discount pretty closely since March. If the next wave of vehicles delivered to BC is similar to that of June / July batch, likely will end by early October at the latest.

I tried the vehicle editing thing - I can still edit mine for now. Will keep checking I guess. Nothing else I can do.

You choose finance or pay in cash?

I am getting more and more frustrated another day goes by without a VIN. Yes we waited for 2.5 year but last 2 months has been brutal with the way they handle things. I am so close to ask for a cancellation and choose something else. Haha

Last edited:
You choose finance or pay in cash?

I am getting more and more frustrated another day goes by without a VIN. Yes we waited for 2.5 year but last 2 months has been brutal with the way they handle things. I am so close to ask for a cancellation and choose something else. Haha
Haha feel the same way. More so that they are not providing any priority to customers that placed reservation/order first. Don't want to sound entitled but if someone who reserves and orders after me gets the CEV rebate, then I would be super choked. $5000 may not mean much in the grand scheme but why don't they take full advantage of the rules and reserve the funds since there is a 90 day limit. If they reserve the funds now for customers already with orders then they can at least be assured the credit even if they take delivery in November. The local sales team still says the car can get rebate at stores which should not be true for any new orders now and they should not advertise it as it would give them false hopes.

Reactions: phtp and spurs10
Haha feel the same way. More so that they are not providing any priority to customers that placed reservation/order first. Don't want to sound entitled but if someone who reserves and orders after me gets the CEV rebate, then I would be super choked.

That’s exactly how I feel. I understand they want to shift the order processing online eventually. However I think that might work if you are ordering $35k car but definitely not $70-$80k cars. I wish someone could tell me “ I will keep an eye on my order, will call you if there is any changes”

They are hiring temporary positions in the east coast but none in the west coast so far. Based on last batch, east coast got the first dip, I hope it’s just the remaining number of delivery is low instead of we are getting second dip again which means end of sept or oct delivery. I can’t imagine myself waiting for another month.

Haha feel the same way. More so that they are not providing any priority to customers that placed reservation/order first. Don't want to sound entitled but if someone who reserves and orders after me gets the CEV rebate, then I would be super choked. $5000 may not mean much in the grand scheme but why don't they take full advantage of the rules and reserve the funds since there is a 90 day limit. If they reserve the funds now for customers already with orders then they can at least be assured the credit even if they take delivery in November. The local sales team still says the car can get rebate at stores which should not be true for any new orders now and they should not advertise it as it would give them false hopes.

Although I ordered dual motor, I feel for you guys with rwd configuration and reserved day 1. I'm feeling the same, waited in-line and reserved before the unveiling of the model 3 was such a waste of time. The only thing out of it was the thank you card that I received in the mail. The actual "something special gift" (diecast model) for line waiters went out to everyone else.

Yup I've been tracking the progress of the CEV discount pretty closely since March. If the next wave of vehicles delivered to BC is similar to that of June / July batch, likely will end by early October at the latest.

I tried the vehicle editing thing - I can still edit mine for now. Will keep checking I guess. Nothing else I can do.

Just a quick crosspost, if you're tracking CEV then you might be interested in the spreadsheet I've posted here: BC CEV incentive

My god our insurance prices in BC are stupid. I had 2 people do some digging for me and this is what I got.

First of all, what I asked for. Max discount, Roadside Plus. 2 million liability, $300 comprehensive, $500 collision, Full business use and replacement cost.

ICBC - $3855
Family Insurance - $2803
Intact - $3062

• Informative
Reactions: phtp
My god our insurance prices in BC are stupid. I had 2 people do some digging for me and this is what I got.

First of all, what I asked for. Max discount, Roadside Plus. 2 million liability, $300 comprehensive, $500 collision, Full business use and replacement cost.

ICBC - $3855
Family Insurance - $2803
Intact - $3062

WHAAAAAT? That is messed up. I'm not looking forward to insuring my Model 3 now

ICBC - $3855
Family Insurance - $2803
Intact - $3062

Crazy...

I am assuming that if someone wasn't using it for business use, it would be a lot cheaper to insure?

I called BCAA earlier and was quoted just over $900 for optional insurance. One major difference though was that the other quotes I had included replacement coverage and I didn’t ask for it from BCAA. I will still get it just not sure from who as of yet.