Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just hope we end up getting the $5,000 from the CEV program...

Same
I find myself annoying having to call them every other day. Today the guy told me casually if I don’t make it to the Sept batch, I am sure I will get it in Oct. WTF
I was thinking to make a short trip with the kids before school starts, the whole ordering process has ruined everything I planned for the summer.

If any of you are going to install an aftermarket license plate holder (like I am) you can call the store ahead of delivery and ask them NOT to install the stock front license mount. I was told i'd need to sign something waiving them of liability but it wouldn't be an issue.
They put my plates on. Did a great job. I didn’t know we got the fancy back one as well. Looks awesome. Let them do it. Mine are perfect.

I just hope we end up getting the $5,000 from the CEV program...
I got my car a few days ago and got the rebate. You don’t have to do anything. Ignore everything people tell you on this form about it and having to fill in a form and reserve funds etc. They do it all for you and deduct the 5000 off the total
and then you sign something saying you’re not gonna sell it for 12 months. The end, that simple.

They put my plates on. Did a great job. I didn’t know we got the fancy back one as well. Looks awesome. Let them do it. Mine are perfect.

The aftermarket bracket is so it doesn't stick onto the bumper. Ripping it off is an extra step and you risk damaging the paint.

I got my car a few days ago and got the rebate. You don’t have to do anything. Ignore everything people tell you on this form about it and having to fill in a form and reserve funds etc. They do it all for you and deduct the 5000 off the total
and then you sign something saying you’re not gonna sell it for 12 months. The end, that simple.

Congrats on getting your car. I don't recall anyone saying you do the rebate yourself. Cev process is always handled between them and dealer. If you do need to sign something, it is when they do the form to reserve the fund which I suspect they don't.

Reactions: Koflach
The aftermarket bracket is so it doesn't stick onto the bumper. Ripping it off is an extra step and you risk damaging the paint.

The front plate was drilled in by the service department. It looks great. They did a perfect job. No sticky thing. And there were people on the forum saying you had to download a form and get them to reserve the funds. I'm just saying it's all taken care of by them. Love my car. Great experience at Tesla.

Side note: A guy I know is doing 40% off ceramic coatings if booked before september 1. He lives in the surrey/langley area and does it at his house to help keep his costs down. I was quoted $270 and told it'd take 4 hours. If you're interested in his info, let me know.

no holes are being drilled on the front as yes, it is held on with double sided tape. But, removing the tape can potentially cause damage to the paint.

Thanks for confirming. T3I5aFan says they drilled it and that was concerning. Since communication sucks with them I was worried I couldn't inform them before they start punching holes.

Side note: A guy I know is doing 40% off ceramic coatings if booked before september 1. He lives in the surrey/langley area and does it at his house to help keep his costs down. I was quoted $270 and told it'd take 4 hours. If you're interested in his info, let me know.

That's not a bad price if the person is doing the prep too. eg. Claybar and minor polishing. Might want to ask about the brand of ceramic coating they are using. Chances are they will be using a cheaper ceramic coating so it won't last as long.

That's not a bad price if the person is doing the prep too. eg. Claybar and minor polishing. Might want to ask about the brand of ceramic coating they are using. Chances are they will be using a cheaper ceramic coating so it won't last as long.
Yeah, I spoke to him today asking him why his price is so much cheaper than everyone else and he explained that he does use a cheaper coating but claims it will still last 2 years. I'm not 100% sure if i'm going to use him yet as I'm looking for something that will last longer than 2 years.

So how did delivery go?
other than a 45 minute delay in not having the MVPA ready, quite well. Grace helped me when I arrived and gave my wife and I a 30 minute walkthrough of the vehicle. She was very personable and knowledgeable about the vehicle. No complaints at this time. I did miss one thing on my inspection that they will hopefully remedy for me.

My edit button just disappeared on my P3D+ order.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Yooner
Did the edit trick not work for you as well? Some people edit button disappeared long time ago but was able to edit design still when they do a trick.
I just got the call that my car is in transit and booked for 9/15 delivery but said most likely will reschedule for sooner.

My edit button disappeared and I had to reconfirm all my previously entered details. Now my status screen shows waiting to schedule a delivery appointment. The bad news for me is that I may get bumped in line if my delivery date is in late September as I'll be on vacation and won't be able to take delivery.

Also interesting note is that Tesla is still showing I still qualify for the $5000CEV. We'll see how that pans out later on.

• Informative
Reactions: shawn_ and Koflach