Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good morning, just got a call from my ISA followed by email confirmation. She explained about the downpayment and how I can pay. She gave me some options for delivery between June 7-9, I picked June 9 since it happens to be a Saturday and I can go along with my wife. Delivery will be at the PNE forum. Super excited. I’m sure many of you will be receiving your calls today or tomorrow. Good luck
My guess is your delivery will be on the 9th. I know the appointments are booking fast. I booked my appointment over the phone with my ISA on Monday and at that time the 7th only had 4 times left.

Nice!!! Are you a current owner? I think my ISA is holding the process up. She's blaming the trade in process but my other friend got his trade in info in a day. I think it's been a week now since I've submitted? Any how, nothing I can do except wait!

Not a current owner, no trade in. I feel your frustration with being in limbo for so long, hang in there! I would guess that they have setup at the PNE on a temporary basis to deliver a large batch of early orders - yours must be in this group, just a matter of time before it's sorted out.

Wow. I feel like I just got gut punched. Called the local Tesla to find out what's going on with my trade in and they offered 34000. Some dealerships have offered 42000-43000 for my car. How is that even possible? Tried selling my car on the market but I think the market is small and will be hard...this is certainly a tough pill to swallow and they don't allow convenience trades anymore apparently.

Wow. I feel like I just got gut punched. Called the local Tesla to find out what's going on with my trade in and they offered 34000. Some dealerships have offered 42000-43000 for my car. How is that even possible? Tried selling my car on the market but I think the market is small and will be hard...this is certainly a tough pill to swallow and they don't allow convenience trades anymore apparently.

Tell me about it. I got 2k estimate which is even lower than scrap metal.

Decided not to do trade in and so will pick up car on June 9th at the PNE! Might see some of you there!

Tell me about it. I got 2k estimate which is even lower than scrap metal.

Decided not to do trade in and so will pick up car on June 9th at the PNE! Might see some of you there!
A part of me thinks that they're so busy that they're undervaluing the car and either making some money off what the real value is or they just don't want to do it. Lol. Idk .This certainly puts a kink in my plans now.

Why not just sell it to those dealers then? Tesla needs to make a profit on the sale of your vehicle so you can't consider the value of a trade-in as the same as what you can sell it for. Car dealers often use trades as "bait". They can increase the trade-in price or bring down the vehicle's price -- it's all just a game that I'd rather not play. Most people also have somewhat inflated views of their vehicle's value but quickly come to their senses when they list it privately. Yes, you'll get more than Tesla has offered, of course since Tesla has built in their profit, but you'll likely not get what you think its worth. That certainly applies to my classic S and is one the reasons I'm keeping it.

After looking closer at the picture on my phone, that gap does seem a little excessive but I'm not too sure if that's "normal" or not.

What's "normal" is what you tell yourself is normal. "Normal" for Tesla is slightly out of alignment. ;)

I'm fortunate that I'm not bothered by slight variations in gaps as shown in those pictures. If my car looks like that, it's fine by me. I've seen a lot worse including a gap in the alignment of the sunroof in my S on one side that was much larger than the other side. I lived with it for years but as my 4 year warranty was coming to an end, I pointed it out and Tesla replaced my entire sunroof with the new version. So even if there are larger gaps on my 3 than shown in those pics, I'm confident Tesla will correct them.

Why not just sell it to those dealers then? Tesla needs to make a profit on the sale of your vehicle so you can't consider the value of a trade-in as the same as what you can sell it for. Car dealers often use trades as "bait". They can increase the trade-in price or bring down the vehicle's price -- it's all just a game that I'd rather not play. Most people also have somewhat inflated views of their vehicle's value but quickly come to their senses when they list it privately. Yes, you'll get more than Tesla has offered, of course since Tesla has built in their profit, but you'll likely not get what you think its worth. That certainly applies to my classic S and is one the reasons I'm keeping it.

What's "normal" is what you tell yourself is normal. "Normal" for Tesla is slightly out of alignment. ;)

I'm fortunate that I'm not bothered by slight variations in gaps as shown in those pictures. If my car looks like that, it's fine by me. I've seen a lot worse including a gap in the alignment of the sunroof in my S on one side that was much larger than the other side. I lived with it for years but as my 4 year warranty was coming to an end, I pointed it out and Tesla replaced my entire sunroof with the new version. So even if there are larger gaps on my 3 than shown in those pics, I'm confident Tesla will correct them.
At this point, it certainly looks like I will have to .The private market is apparently quite small for my car as I've found out. I see the car listed for upwards of 50000 but not sure how quickly they're moving or not at all. The dealers that I've talked to tell me the auction or wholesale value is 42000-43000 which is why I'm surprised Tesla offered 34000 which is apparently ''wholesale' value. Thing is, two dealers have told me the same price range for wholesale which is why it's more a gut punch from Tesla. Lol .I was expecting worse case say 39000 from them. 34000 just makes me feel downright rotten!

34000 just makes me feel downright rotten!

Tesla gave me a trade-in estimate of $37,900 for my S that I paid $115k with tax over fours years ago -- so I know that feeling -- although my initial response was laughter and my wife thought I was joking with her on the amount of the offer.

It really helped that I bought TSLA in 2013 at the same time as my T-e-s-l-a since I was keenly aware of this when I bought:

What If You Bought Tesla Stock Instead Of One Of Its Cars?

Vehicles, and especially high priced ones, are quickly depreciating assets and not investments. Look to your investments to feel good (hopefully -- until Trump crashes the market) and look to your vehicles to feel good driving them!

Tesla gave me a trade-in estimate of $37,900 for my S that I paid $115k with tax over fours years ago -- so I know that feeling -- although my initial response was laughter and my wife thought I was joking with her on the amount of the offer.

It really helped that I bought TSLA in 2013 at the same time as my T-e-s-l-a since I was keenly aware of this when I bought:

What If You Bought Tesla Stock Instead Of One Of Its Cars?

Vehicles, and especially high priced ones, are quickly depreciating assets and not investments. Look to your investments to feel good (hopefully -- until Trump crashes the market) and look to your vehicles to feel good driving them!
Yes, as long as FANG keeps kicking butt, I'm happy. The gut punch has turned into more disbelief now so I'm slowly getting over my dismay....

At this point, it certainly looks like I will have to .The private market is apparently quite small for my car as I've found out. I see the car listed for upwards of 50000 but not sure how quickly they're moving or not at all. The dealers that I've talked to tell me the auction or wholesale value is 42000-43000 which is why I'm surprised Tesla offered 34000 which is apparently ''wholesale' value. Thing is, two dealers have told me the same price range for wholesale which is why it's more a gut punch from Tesla. Lol .I was expecting worse case say 39000 from them. 34000 just makes me feel downright rotten!

Don't forget that after the tax deduction you'll be saving an extra.. 5 ish thousand?

That brings your effective trade in to 39100.

Just got my final paperwork today including the CEVforBC rebate! Bank draft is ready for pickup tomorrow ... so I'm all ready for delivery this Sunday June 3rd!

Red MC, EAP, Aero 18", paying all in cash.

Has anybody in BC actually taken delivery yet? I thought there were some people getting their cars today?
Congrats! They've been doing deliveries since last Thursday, just not from the PNE location.

• Informative
Reactions: Canuck
Just got my final paperwork today including the CEVforBC rebate! Bank draft is ready for pickup tomorrow ... so I'm all ready for delivery this Sunday June 3rd!

Red MC, EAP, Aero 18", paying all in cash.

Has anybody in BC actually taken delivery yet? I thought there were some people getting their cars today?

congrats! still waiting for my paperwork for June 3rd delivery.