Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Public shout out to @H2000 with big thanks for the tip to call the Vancouver Store Delivery extension. Woman there kindly booked me into a June 10th “tentative” delivery date (assuming the car makes it to Vancouver by then, as apparently it’s still en route). I asked her to email me the details in writing and to CC the Vegas ISA and my Vancouver DA.

Only wish I’d done this earlier, but I suppose the silver lining is that any potential early days kinks at the PNE should be worked out by then.
Yay!! Congratulations Kira! I hear you about wishing you had pushed a little earlier--me too. Oh well, at least we have delivery scheduled. I'll update after I pick up the car on Friday about how the process went.;)

Reactions: Kira
Yay!! Congratulations Kira! I hear you about wishing you had pushed a little earlier--me too. Oh well, at least we have delivery scheduled. I'll update after I pick up the car on Friday about how the process went.

Glad it worked for you two... Unfortunately no luck for me. I will have to keep waiting for a call from Vegas. Let me know if you hear of any other tips or tricks to get the delivery date.

Email from my ISA just now when I questioned the 12% tax and lack of contact from the contract team which he previous mentioned would occur. "The MVPA I sent is correct, due to the delivery is in Canada you will sign all required docs the day of delivery. You are good to go on my end. Thanks".

Am I missing something or is the tax not the 15% it should be? I shouldn't really be complaining but concern that this could cause an issue with delivery.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 1.55.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 1.55.31 PM.png
    212.8 KB · Views: 70
Glad it worked for you two... Unfortunately no luck for me. I will have to keep waiting for a call from Vegas. Let me know if you hear of any other tips or tricks to get the delivery date.

Oh nuts, they wouldn’t book you in when you called? That is very frustrating. I wonder if it just depends on who answers...?

Yin checked & told me that all my financing was confirmed and paperwork had been submitted so essentially all I have been waiting for this past week is my ISA to pick up phone or email me with a delivery date. I understand they are swamped - but it does seem a little silly for the Vancouver staff to not be able to swoop in and take over setting the deliveries if that is the case.

Email from my ISA just now when I questioned the 12% tax and lack of contact from the contract team which he previous mentioned would occur. "The MVPA I sent is correct, due to the delivery is in Canada you will sign all required docs the day of delivery. You are good to go on my end. Thanks".

Am I missing something or is the tax not the 15% it should be? I shouldn't really be complaining but concern that this could cause an issue with delivery.
I looked on ICBC it is 10% (+5% GST) I wouldn't question it although I am sure the government will get it eventually. I did notice your purchase price does not include the $5k EV credit.
  • $55,000 to $55,999.99 7% PST plus 1% Luxury tax
  • $56,000 to $56,999.99 7% PST plus 2% Luxury tax
  • $57,000 to $124,999.99 7% PST plus 3% Luxury tax

I looked on ICBC it is 10% (+5% GST) I wouldn't question it although I am sure the government will get it eventually. I did notice your purchase price does not include the $5k EV credit.
  • $55,000 to $55,999.99 7% PST plus 1% Luxury tax
  • $56,000 to $56,999.99 7% PST plus 2% Luxury tax
  • $57,000 to $124,999.99 7% PST plus 3% Luxury tax
Yeah, my ISA just told me to take $5k of the total. Can’t wait for the chaos to be over!

Oh nuts, they wouldn’t book you in when you called? That is very frustrating. I wonder if it just depends on who answers...?

Yin checked & told me that all my financing was confirmed and paperwork had been submitted so essentially all I have been waiting for this past week is my ISA to pick up phone or email me with a delivery date. I understand they are swamped - but it does seem a little silly for the Vancouver staff to not be able to swoop in and take over setting the deliveries if that is the case.

The delivery confirmation finally showed up on my account page, June 9, 1:30 pm. The delivery date was confirmed by ISA couple of days ago over the phone. I was told the Vancouver staff will only be doing deliveries and all the pre work will be done bun Vegas office for western Canada. It is frustrating and I can’t imagine the chaos of the first day PNE deliveries. Hopefully by the weekend, things would have settled down.

If you are lucky enough to have a delivery this weekend please post about the expirence, pictures as well. I live on the Island and I can't drive by the PNE. I hope the process is smooth. I was reading another forum and it took 7hrs for someone to get delivery of the vehicle at the delivery centre near Toronto.

My final did not include the rebate, my ISA told me to take the $5k off the total. Is that the same for everyone else with June 3 deliveries? I think I'll bring a backup up cheque if for some reason I need to pay that $5k and then get it back.
Finally got the official MVPA and call from Tesla. The amount that the ISA told me to prepare before I got the official documents for the bank draft was $5,000 more than the final amount owing in the MVPA, because he did not account for CEV for BC Incentive. Lucky I got the call before getting the bank draft.

Public shout out to @H2000 with big thanks for the tip to call the Vancouver Store Delivery extension. Woman there kindly booked me into a June 10th “tentative” delivery date (assuming the car makes it to Vancouver by then, as apparently it’s still en route). I asked her to email me the details in writing and to CC the Vegas ISA and my Vancouver DA.

Only wish I’d done this earlier, but I suppose the silver lining is that any potential early days kinks at the PNE should be worked out by then.
Congratulations Kira! Looks like that push was indeed needed. I'd recommend taking the reins a bit here, they seem really disorganized.

Reactions: Kira
Congratulations Kira! Looks like that push was indeed needed. I'd recommend taking the reins a bit here, they seem really disorganized.

Absolutely, I hate being a nag and was really trying to be patient and wait for the ISA. But calling in to the Vancouver store ended up getting us a delivery date a couple days earlier than what the ISA eventually called to offer, so I think being proactive is worth it in this case.

Now we can all cross our fingers that the PNE deliveries go smoothly for everyone. Someone on Facebook mentioned that they were able to get their insurance in advance through their broker so I may check whether our local broker would be willing to do that for us.

Someone else is gonna get my car now... I can’t pick it up on Sunday/Monday and it can’t be held for 2 weeks.
Is there a way to swap cars/VINs with someone so I can pick it up in a couple of weeks...?
White, 18 with AP. VIN 274xx.

Just got a call from my DA. I have an delivery appointment tomorrow at 12:30, but apparently my car has been delayed and isn’t even in the country. I’ve been told it’ll be later this week. Why did I know something like this would happen. So frustrating.