Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a call from my DA. I have an delivery appointment tomorrow at 12:30, but apparently my car has been delayed and isn’t even in the country. I’ve been told it’ll be later this week. Why did I know something like this would happen. So frustrating.
Oh no! That's very frustrating. And so late to inform you.
I have an appointment tomorrow at noon, but haven't received any calls about delays.

What is her name please?
Wow. I feel like I just got gut punched. Called the local Tesla to find out what's going on with my trade in and they offered 34000. Some dealerships have offered 42000-43000 for my car. How is that even possible? Tried selling my car on the market but I think the market is small and will be hard...this is certainly a tough pill to swallow and they don't allow convenience trades anymore apparently.

I was fine for what Tesla offered.
$17000 for a 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe with very low mileage.
A friend looked it up on auctions and saw what dealers paid for similar cars, which was $15000. So a little more but then add 15% since you won’t be paying that tax off the full price. The equivalent of $19550 I got for the trade in.

Got the same call today at 5pm, very disappointed with their coordination, sounded like the car hasnt even made it to vancouver.
Feel bad for you, but can’t lie that I’m glad it’s not just me. Were you scheduled for this Sunday too? I didn’t get a reschedule date, just told to wait 3-4 days. I hope that I can pickup as soon as it’s arrived and not have to wait another week or so for an appointment. I called back because I saw my VIN had disappeared, but my DA said that was just because he removed the delivery date. Said he believed the car was just south of the border. I really hope it’s not more than 3 or 4 days... I’ve already waited long enough!

Just received a call cancelling tomorrow’s delivery appointment. Totally unimpressed with the late notice especially since I double checked that things were on track before I had my certified cheque prepared yesterday. Also disappointed that they wouldn’t schedule another appointment and had no response when I asked whether I would end up at the back of the line for appointments.

At least I haven’t sold my current car so I still have transportation.

Just received a call cancelling tomorrow’s delivery appointment. Totally unimpressed with the late notice especially since I double checked that things were on track before I had my certified cheque prepared yesterday. Also disappointed that they wouldn’t schedule another appointment and had no response when I asked whether I would end up at the back of the line for appointments.

I wo

I wonder if they have any deliveries at all tomorrow. I don’t want to even think about potentially being pushed to the back of the line. My hope is that because they didnt automatically rescheudle us that they are planning on slotting us in, whenever the car has arrived. I’ll touch base with my DA on Monday and share any updates as it seems like there are a number of us affected by this.

I wonder if they have any deliveries at all tomorrow. I don’t want to even think about potentially being pushed to the back of the line. My hope is that because they didnt automatically rescheudle us that they are planning on slotting us in, whenever the car has arrived. I’ll touch base with my DA on Monday and share any updates as it seems like there are a number of us affected by this.

I’ll share any new updates I hear as well. I hope that most people are still receiving deliveries tomorrow. The fact that I wasn’t called regarding the cancellation of the delivery until 7pm makes me wonder if they were making a number of cancellation calls.

I just got the bad news a couple hours ago too ... very frustrating :( Apparently there are 20 truck loads of cars waiting to get across the border. Not sure if the delay is at Canada Customs, or they were just delayed getting here. Apparently the same thing happened in Toronto earlier in the week. My delivery date was changed to Tuesday now, but I was told this was tentative and maybe as late as Thursday.

For those who have picked up your car, was the ICBC insurance done on site or did that have to be done before the pickup?

And has anyone gotten any quotes for New Car Full Replacement Insurance?

Thanks.

I'm curious to know too.
Can we just get a temporary license and then take it to our regular insurance guy?

FYI, the ISA couldn't enable a trade-in so she asked for info and pictures and she sent me a trade-in appraisal.
Couldn't give the the Tesla financing rates unless I actually applied for it.
Also you have to remember these people are American and they don't have a clue about Canada, let alone BC.
I called West 4th, (option 4 delivery) and they put me in touch with [email protected]
Ryan a DA emails me with a website form to .... submit the trade-in again.
It's a 3rd party form, not actual Tesla, and they misspelled Hyundai.
It asks for "title" of the vehicle, but here we don't have title.
A lien release is what they want if you had a loan on the trade-in, or current loan statement if still under a loan.
Took more pictures and submitted it.

I just picked mine up!
They said they're only delivering about 20 today, and confirmed that there are still 2 truck loads at the border.

The whole process did take about an hour and got my insurance done on site.

Will upload more pictures and share my experience after a drive around town :)
20180603_120310.jpg