Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4) 18 Hours later after going into "screen cleaning mode" the display locked up and I was unable to do anything. Called it in and I was able to reboot the "display" by pressing in both buttons on the steering wheel for 5 seconds or so. Apparently they have never seen this "issue" before, but they said it was safe to reboot the display like this even when driving although it's not recommended since you can't see your speed or change wiper settings etc while its rebooting.

It's a computer. Freezes and reboots are common but hopefully not frequent. I've rebooted a lot while driving, especially since the last update our classic S has taken which is full of bugs, and it doesn't cause me any concern to do so while in motion. The car still drives fine.

It will be interesting to see how long I can go without having to reboot in the 3. You mention that screen cleaning mode was the issue. I went to use it while driving (bad me) and it was shaded out. I still pressed it but nothing happened and I thought that was odd since it's not shaded out in my S while driving. I never went back to check it out since I just cleaned the screen with it on (still have the factory screen protector on it so not really cleaning the screen anyway) but I'll check it out again tomorrow. Is it suppose to be shaded out while driving in the 3 or maybe I need a reboot too?

I just registered this account to say that I took delivery yesterday at 3pm and the process is smooth. They do have some trouble knowing the final numbers so bring your cheque book. You might want to pay final price difference, void cheque for monthly payment, new viechle replacement insurance, insurance difference. So it's a lot of cheques.

Inside there are a lot more cars than the outside parking lot.
IMG_20180606_155551.jpg

Reactions: Kira
Sorry for the late reply here ... been busy driving and tweeting :)
Delivery yesterday was fairly quick (under an hour) but we had a few minor hiccups ...
1) the back right rear panel was misaligned by about 1/4 inch ... fortunately they were able to "fix" on site in under 10 minutes
2) the final price on the purchase agreement was off by $750 (BRING YOUR CHEQUEBOOK) ... they were able to take personal cheque for the difference
3) 12 hours later the Telsa iPhone app stopped working ... apparently this is expected behaviour, but the delivery staff did not tell us about it ... I called in this morning at they said it can take up to 72 hours to resolve the issue ... about 8 hours later it was fixed. My wife had to use the credit card key this morning as was not impressed.
4) 18 Hours later after going into "screen cleaning mode" the display locked up and I was unable to do anything. Called it in and I was able to reboot the "display" by pressing in both buttons on the steering wheel for 5 seconds or so. Apparently they have never seen this "issue" before, but they said it was safe to reboot the display like this even when driving although it's not recommended since you can't see your speed or change wiper settings etc while its rebooting.

All in all I'm very happy with the car and the staff were all very friendly and helpfully despite the issues I had.

View attachment 307379
Congratulations—your new baby is beautiful! Glad to hear your delivery went smoothly. :)

You know what's interesting... Someone here told me that my car came in a few days ago.

I mentioned that's interesting and told him that I was cancelled yesterday because I was told it was stuck at the border, and he immediately backed off and said yeah they are probably right.

Weird

You know what's interesting... Someone here told me that my car came in a few days ago.

I mentioned that's interesting and told him that I was cancelled yesterday because I was told it was stuck at the border, and he immediately backed off and said yeah they are probably right.

Weird
Seems like they do not know what is going on. I just noticed on line my appointment has been moved to tomorrow but no one called to tell me. Too many cars to delivery. Nice problem to have.

Any of you guys were supposed to have delivery today or yesterday who got cancelled ? I wonder if I'm the only one :(
Our delivery was supposed to be yesterday at 5pm and we got delayed. No date/time given for us, but our online account says June 9 @ 5pm.
I called our Tesla rep in California (Benjamin) and he cannot locate where our car is either. Said that the car is "turned on" but that the GPS is not.

So.....we wait patiently.

Why did so many people just go with aero wheels? I thought they were "fugly".

I actually prefer the look of the larger wheels, but I don't like them silver and don't want to pay extra to powder coat them later. Thinking of just sticking with the aero's but will take the covers off.