Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any idea if you can set super chargwr speed of charging? say if you have time and want to do 30kwh instead of 100?

No -- you have no control over that and for good reason too. You need to be done and off as soon as possible. But there's no need to be concerned. If your battery is warm, you'll hear the compressor keep the batteries cool -- so there's really no concern with fast charging. I've been doing it many weekends for over 4 years and nearly 100k km and my battery has shown very little loss of range.

Today was my first day supercharging my 3. I stopped in Hope for about 25 minutes on the way to my cabin. $4.80.

I just found out I can't connect my 3 to wifi. :( There's no cell phone coverage here. I often leave early and grab my phone when the alarm goes off and charge to 100% while I shower and have a coffee. With the 3, I guess I'll have to go out to the car in the bath robe. Poor me. Let's hope for a wifi update!

But aside from that minor issue, I love it! So agile and responsive on the highway. I used AP for a bit but it's just too fun to drive!

And the efficiency is amazing compared to my S. I'm looking forward to the drive home on Sunday. I'm going to charge it to 100% (take pics of range for prosperity) and then skip the supercharger and see what I have left when I get home.

I love this car and even though I have skidded a bit with the rain and RWD and my lead foot (it was fun actually) -- I'm glad I didn't wait for AWD -- and my wife and kids agree. :)

I just got the call as well confirming the final amount and delivery time for tomorrow. Still nothing updated online. I’m not too worried anymore. I wanted to ask them about a particular license plate and she was very helpful and kept one aside for me along with a note in my file. If anyone wants to do a cable swap tomorrow afternoon, let me know.

I'm there at 4pm tomorrow and would like a second USB-c cable if you want my second lightning.

That's awesome so of you had to choose between S or model 3 ? which one would you pick ?:

Now that's not fair. It's a Sophie's choice. If you have children, then it's like asking which kid do you like best? I can't answer that question but I'll try to. I love my large frunk, 80 amp, free supercharging, sunroof, S. At the same time, my agile and sleek 3 now holds a special place in my heart, like a new born baby.

If my life depended on it, and I had to get rid of one, then of course the S would go, but only because my new 3 is worth more, and I'd sure miss my S... :(. But fortunately, I'm keeping both! :)

Last edited:
Well folks..... after no small amount of phone calls to Vancouver & Vegas today, I finally ended up getting through to the Sales team in Vancouver where a very nice fellow took down my info and 12 minutes later, a woman from the PNE delivery team called me to confirm that our car is officially in Vancouver.

I seriously hope I'm not jinxing myself by posting this - hopefully our scheduled delivery this Sunday at 12:30 won't be rescheduled or cancelled for some random reason. If anyone picking up that afternoon would like to do a cable swap (we have 2 iPhones), please let me know. :)

Sunday's gonna be your day Kira. I'm sure of it. Give her a warm loving welcome.

• Love
Reactions: Kira and Canuck
Well it was quite a day. Picked up my model 3 today at 4pm as planned. Everything went smoothly with the tesla stuff. The only thing that took a while was getting my BCAA optional insurance sorted out as BCAA was very slow to phone me back, but eventually they did and I was able to get all the optional insurance sorted before leaving the PNE with my car. Then we enjoyed the 400 km drive back to Vernon. Not surprisingly the m3 was an absolute joy to drive.

When we got home we noticed that Tesla had put one of the small die cast model 3s in our center console. That was a nice touch!

Happy delivery day to everyone picking up this weekend!

Well folks..... after no small amount of phone calls to Vancouver & Vegas today, I finally ended up getting through to the Sales team in Vancouver where a very nice fellow took down my info and 12 minutes later, a woman from the PNE delivery team called me to confirm that our car is officially in Vancouver.

I seriously hope I'm not jinxing myself by posting this - hopefully our scheduled delivery this Sunday at 12:30 won't be rescheduled or cancelled for some random reason. If anyone picking up that afternoon would like to do a cable swap (we have 2 iPhones), please let me know. :)
Hey, might see you there, same appointment time. Unfortunately I also want 2 lightning cables.

Reactions: Kira
I just picked up my car. What an awesome ride out to the ferry. Baby is fast. I am sorry I forgot to ask about an extra cable. Lots of vehicles on site. It took about an hour. You can tell they are trying to rush through the delivery.

Can only get ICBC insurance on site.

My documents were emailed to me the night before but only because I asked the salesperson who called me to confirm the delivery. Otherwise I doubt I would of seen them

Attachments

• 20180609_114211.jpg
    20180609_114211.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 20180609_112841.jpg
    20180609_112841.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 66
FA8AF3F0-67B7-47FF-8938-8BF9C45C7C9A.jpeg
FBCFBD3F-775E-4775-AFB4-C053BCC291D7.jpeg
Finally picked up my car. Took us little longer than others since I wasnted extra orientations for myself and my better half. Only insurance option available is icbc. Even after 43% discount total comes out to be 3400 per year.

The car is amazing to say the least. Pickup is excellent and it drives well. Awesome handling. It does take few km to get used to the screen and regen braking.

I was able to swap my usb-c cable for lightening with @rainmaker002 Thanks once again for doing it.

The only thing I noticed with the car is road noise. It is definitely more than my 530i. But it’s not a big deal. I could barely hear the wind noise so not a big deal.

Wish everyone lots of happy driving and see you around.

• Love
Reactions: Kira
I just picked up my car. What an awesome ride out to the ferry. Baby is fast. I am sorry I forgot to ask about an extra cable. Lots of vehicles on site. It took about an hour. You can tell they are trying to rush through the delivery.

Can only get ICBC insurance on site.

My documents were emailed to me the night before but only because I asked the salesperson who called me to confirm the delivery. Otherwise I doubt I would of seen them

Wow, you guys got out in an hour? I was there for almost 2 hours (waiting, and waiting, and more waiting). No one followed up why we were waiting and we had to flag people down to get started. We found our car and going through the checklist before the Tesla guy showed up saying he wanted more time to finish the car. Anyways, happy that it's over but the overall delivery experience was a bit underwhelming. (happy to get die cast model 3 though!)

Day 1 early morning in-line reservation holder and placed order within a couple of days of availability. I had my delivery delayed by a couple days and then missed it due to a preplanned trip. Finally get delivery scheduled and it’ll be at the W4th location.

Reactions: phtp
View attachment 308305 View attachment 308303 Finally picked up my car. Took us little longer than others since I wasnted extra orientations for myself and my better half. Only insurance option available is icbc. Even after 43% discount total comes out to be 3400 per year.

The car is amazing to say the least. Pickup is excellent and it drives well. Awesome handling. It does take few km to get used to the screen and regen braking.

I was able to swap my usb-c cable for lightening with @rainmaker002 Thanks once again for doing it.

The only thing I noticed with the car is road noise. It is definitely more than my 530i. But it’s not a big deal. I could barely hear the wind noise so not a big deal.

Wish everyone lots of happy driving and see you around.

Great to meet you and thanks for the swap!

I had a really smooth pickup. I was in and out in about 75 minutes (partially because I had dinner reservations to make so wasn't sticking around for the extra tutorials). ICBC + optional coverage through the on-site insurance agent is not a good deal- the optional coverage was almost $2100 for me (totalling $3200 with the basic stuff from ICBC). I called BCAA on Friday and they told me to bring my paperwork in and that the optional coverage from them would run about $900 including our member discount, and that they would arrange for the pro-rated amount to be refunded to us from the broker that Tesla had on site. So I'll go in tomorrow and see if it's that simple.

The (short) ride home was very smooth and I can't believe how quickly it goes from 30-60. Unbelievable.