Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up “Joules” Friday afternoon and just posting now because I’ve been busy driving! ;) This post is going to be long, so feel free to speed read or skip.

-PNE Forum was busy when we got there at 3:50 for our 4pm appt. They were very well organized:
- sign in desk as soon as you enter, then you go into a larger reception area with nesspresso machine and a few snacks where a greeter will come find you and let you know the name of the person who will be doing the car orientation
-Once this person finds you, they will walk you around the corner to the delivery room where you car will be. There were about 8-10 cars all waiting when I went in. You get a quick (too quick!) orientation of the vehicle and then your paperwork person will come find you. Don’t forget to take pictures like we almost did!
-paperwork gets done in the reception room while your car is driven to wait for you outside the front of the forum
-once that is done, an insurance agent will come find you
*** before your Tesla person leaves, make sure you get a copy of the signed financial agreement ***
-if you would like third party insurer for your optional, make sure you arrange this is advance as the broker at the pne will only offer you ICBC.
- after insurance is dealt with and you have a copy of everything, you go outside to find your new baby and go over every inch. It was pouring when we went through our delivery checklist. Fit and finish we’re beautiful on our car.
-drive home with huge smile and a little bit of anxiety as you manoeuvre your $80k+ baby along roads filled with co2 belching hazards.;)

The whole “delivery” process took about 45min for us and we did feel a bit rushed, but we knew they had a LOT of cars to go through. Do yourself a favour and go to the washroom sometime during the process, behind the curtains on your way is a huge room full of Teslas being prepped for their new families: lots of 3s but with some s and x models as well. When we drove around the pne as we were leaving, the back parking lot was full of more Teslas. Amazing!

Car is so fun to drive! I had never driven an EV before and I can honestly say that this car has surpassed my expectations. At home, we discovered a few minor imperfections:
1. Condensation in driver side tail light
2. Small gap/bubbling of rubber trim around rear passenger driver side door
3. Same door has issue with the latch and doesn’t open smoothly from the inside
*we had a small ripple in the dash right in the middle where it meets the windshield, but it mysteriously fixed itself when it was parked in the sun on Sat.*

Emailed our delivery Tesla dude and he gave us the number of the service department to get our minor issues fixed. Despite our minor issues, we are so in love !:)

Overall, everything went really well today!

Delivery was very good, basically moved from one person to the next very quickly and the only time we waited for longer than 5 minutes in between steps was the very end, but we walked outside and found the car all plated up so popped back into the check-in desk and grabbed the key cards.

Issues:

Tesla found a very small scratch on the front left headlight cover, which they noted beforehand and told us about.

Once we got the key cards and started doing a real check over outside, I was disappointed to discover that the deeper area in the trunk was completely soaked (water gushing around under the liner). Seals seem fine so guessing the trunk wasn’t fully closed when they pressure washed it. They were really apologetic and it’ll be noted along with the headlight scratch, as the liner is all wonky and they think it’ll need to be replaced.

Hopefully the headlight cover & trunk liner replacements can be done by the Mobile Service as I’m not too keen on giving more money to BC Ferries.

The car is ridiculous. We drove out to Squamish and had tremendous difficulty following the speed limit. 0-100 is really fun but the acceleration when you’re already merging onto the highway.... wow!

Also: holy smokes, this car attracts loads of attention. Group of teenage girls started freaking out when I pulled into the ferry terminal - wonder if this is what the Beatles felt like? ;)

Delivery was very good, basically moved from one person to the next very quickly and the only time we waited for longer than 5 minutes in between steps was the very end, but we walked outside and found the car all plated up so popped back into the check-in desk and grabbed the key cards.

Issues:

Tesla found a very small scratch on the front left headlight cover, which they noted beforehand and told us about.

Once we got the key cards and started doing a real check over outside, I was disappointed to discover that the deeper area in the trunk was completely soaked (water gushing around under the liner). Seals seem fine so guessing the trunk wasn’t fully closed when they pressure washed it. They were really apologetic and it’ll be noted along with the headlight scratch, as the liner is all wonky and they think it’ll need to be replaced.

Hopefully the headlight cover & trunk liner replacements can be done by the Mobile Service as I’m not too keen on giving more money to BC Ferries.

The car is ridiculous. We drove out to Squamish and had tremendous difficulty following the speed limit. 0-100 is really fun but the acceleration when you’re already merging onto the highway.... wow!

Also: holy smokes, this car attracts loads of attention. Group of teenage girls started freaking out when I pulled into the ferry terminal - wonder if this is what the Beatles felt like? ;)

Congrats on getting your car. That sucks about the scratch and the wet trunk liner. I’m sure Tesla will make that right but if you can please let us know here either way how that eventually turns out.

Reactions: Kira

Issues:

Congratulations Kira! We’ve been out driving every night since we picked up on Friday. Guilt-free driving! Enjoy having your new baby at home.:)

Issues:

Congratulations Kira! At long last. Model 3 partehh

• Love
I was disappointed to discover that the deeper area in the trunk was completely soaked (water gushing around under the liner). Seals seem fine so guessing the trunk wasn’t fully closed when they pressure washed it.

Same with me except it was in the frunk, under the carpet, pooling in the toe eye hook, that I only discovered when I got home. The seal looked fine and after driving through the mountains in pouring rain and washing it, it has stayed dry so no concern there. But this happened in the rain and with the condensation:

P_20180609_133304_vHDR_On.png
P_20180609_133313_vHDR_On.png

I'm not too concerned though. Both of my S's tail lights needed new seals too. It's odd that Tesla hasn't completely solved this problem, or someone said it might be a bad batch.

Last edited:
But this happened in the rain and with the condensation.

Great info, I made a point of checking for condensation in the lights. So far, so good there - but I’ll keep an eye on it.

Finally home after the ferry trip, long drive home, quick zips around the neighbourhood for the kids & my parents - and “yet-to-be-named” is enjoying a first charge from our HPWC while I try to put myself in Chill Mode. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Canuck

Issues:

OMG I KNOW RIGHT!
People are looking and staring and "Model 3!", in their cars, on the street, in parking lots...

For those who still need to pick up the there cars please check your 3rd party insurance to see if they offer replacement insurance. The AVIVA replacement insurance offered on site is not worth it.

1) Most private insurance companies offer this for as little as $100 a year. Check yours before you go
2) They charge a $350 fee on site, which was never mentioned.

The insurance agent on site will show a a cost sheet from AVIVA with the cost depending on the amount of years you buy. I bought the two year coverage for $942. What was never mentioned to me was that of that $942, $350 was a fee. The Insurance cost was $602 which would cost me $200 if I had bought it with my private insurance. I am glad I didn't buy the 4 year package for $1700. My insurance agent is calling to see if I can cancel the insurance.

• Helpful
Someone who picked up their Model 3 on the weekend told me that the insurance company was Perpetual. He bought an 8 year new car replacement option with them. Is this the same as AVIVA? Or are they rotating insurance companies at the PNE. I thought I read in a previous post that BCAA was on site for his/her pickup.

Someone who picked up their Model 3 on the weekend told me that the insurance company was Perpetual. He bought an 8 year new car replacement option with them. Is this the same as AVIVA? Or are they rotating insurance companies at the PNE. I thought I read in a previous post that BCAA was on site for his/her pickup.
BCAA is the only option on site for basic and 3rd party insurance. The only other insurance offered was the cost replacement policy from AVIVA. I was not offerred Perpetual.

OMG I KNOW RIGHT!
People are looking and staring and "Model 3!", in their cars, on the street, in parking lots...

Surprisingly, I don't get that many looks. Being a white car, I guess it looks too much like an S from the back, and a bit like a Porsche from the front, so no one even glances. I did get a very big smile from a guy beside me one night though.

I'm quite happy that way. I dont want to attract any unwanted attention to her. :|

Anyone else get white? The Tesla has an amazing white. It really shines like snow, compared to a lot of the other whites from BMW and Merc.

Same with me except it was in the frunk, under the carpet, pooling in the toe eye hook, that I only discovered when I got home. The seal looked fine and after driving through the mountains in pouring rain and washing it, it has stayed dry so no concern there. But this happened in the rain and with the condensation:

View attachment 308563 View attachment 308564

I'm not too concerned though. Both of my S's tail lights needed new seals too. It's odd that Tesla hasn't completely solved this problem, or someone said it might be a bad batch.
Tesla service emailed me today to say that they have ordered me a new tail light to replace the one with condensation. Of course, the part is backordered and might not come in till mid-late July...

On another note, can someone please measure how far up their tesla emblem is on the front hood? Many thanks!:)

• Informative
Reactions: Canuck
Tesla service emailed me today to say that they have ordered me a new tail light to replace the one with condensation. Of course, the part is backordered and might not come in till mid-late July...

On another note, can someone please measure how far up their tesla emblem is on the front hood? Many thanks!:)

Thanks for the heads up. I thought I might wait to report it to see if I notice any other issues but I emailed them about it when I read your post to get in line because I see a lot of new ones being needed.

I would do the Tesla T measurement for you but my wife just left in our 3 so it will have to wait for someone else. That's an odd request -- do you think yours was installed wrong?

Thanks for the heads up. I thought I might wait to report it to see if I notice any other issues but I emailed them about it when I read your post to get in line because I see a lot of new ones being needed.

I would do the Tesla T measurement for you but my wife just left in our 3 so it will have to wait for someone else. That's an odd request -- do you think yours was installed wrong?
Lol! No, my m3 is in getting paint protection and they will need to remove the front emblem. The detailer suggested getting tesla to put it back, but I might just do it myself. No urgency on getting the measurement, so if you don't mind measuring if someone else doesn't respond, I'd be very grateful!:)

Lol! No, my m3 is in getting paint protection and they will need to remove the front emblem. The detailer suggested getting tesla to put it back, but I might just do it myself. No urgency on getting the measurement, so if you don't mind measuring if someone else doesn't respond, I'd be very grateful!:)

Ahhhh... now that makes sense. I'll measure when it's back home if no else replies by then.

Reactions: Yooner