Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered May 1.. This morning I finally had a call from Tesla in toronto, must be a call centre.. they sound busy. I'm in vancouver. They say I have been assigned a VIN but it is not showing up on the website yet. go figure.. They say the car VIN might not show up until it crosses the border, but once it does it could be delivered two days later since it goes straight to Powell Delivery location for detail/inspection. Great news that it's coming in the 2-4 weeks originally estimated! Very unexpected considering the flood in recent canadian orders. They say they're delivering 20-40 cars a day just in vancouver! crazy.
Took delivery yesterday and the Powell delivery center was strangely quiet and basically a fenced open parking lot with a small office. Only three vehicles (including my own) on the lot. I arrived early for my appointment and sat waiting for 25 mins past the appointment with no one coming down from the office. The guy I spoke with on the phone said he would be there and handling my delivery but he never showed up (someone else eventually came down and helped). Staff were friendly but it’s clear that they are not told anything before it’s public. Tesla provide a great product but I would describe the customer service experience as horrendous.

Insurance was done in the office and I had to provide proof of private insurance coverage (collision / comp) before he would give me my ICBC paperwork. Overall very happy with the car. It gets on average similar mileage to what’s driven. Learning tons of new things every day and enjoying the driving.

Oh nvm. I thought it's this color
19-8nqyxv6tesla-model-3-silver.jpg

I got the pearl white. Maybe I should call in to change it to msm instead.

New here but excited to join the Tesla club. Put an order in for an SR+ in pearl white on May 5th. I see a delivery appointment of May 30th in Vancouver-Powell but no VIN yet.

Q about the luxury tax: Anyone know if the SR+ pearl (config coming in at $56980) is taxed at 14% or 15%? In theory it's just under the $57000 threshold, but wondering if it's like the other thread with the black config under $55000 still being taxed at 13%.

Insurance was done in the office and I had to provide proof of private insurance coverage (collision / comp) before he would give me my ICBC paperwork. Overall very happy with the car. It gets on average similar mileage to what’s driven. Learning tons of new things every day and enjoying the driving.

I'm confused about this. Under my account, it asks you to upload a copy of my current insurance. Are they referring to the insurance of my current vehicle? Why would they need/want that? Should I be getting insurance for the Tesla in advance of my delivery appointment?

It will be at $57080, 56980+ ac tax +15% :(
But someone has a deal sheet can upload it.

Black is $55080. + 13%

Can you help me to understand these tax rate changes. I’m missing something.

When I look on the ICBC website it shows a tax rate of 12% for cars up to $124,999. Then it goes up to 15%.

PST on vehicles

Where do the rates of 13% and 15% at these price levels come from? There must be another page somewhere that I have not seen.

Can you help me to understand these tax rate changes. I’m missing something.

When I look on the ICBC website it shows a tax rate of 12% for cars up to $124,999. Then it goes up to 15%.

PST on vehicles

Where do the rates of 13% and 15% at these price levels come from? There must be another page somewhere that I have not seen.
Look here, page 3 of the PDF: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/taxes/sales-taxes/publications/pst-308-vehicles.pdf

A lot of the info online is for private sales not retail sales. Retail sales PST is 7% on passenger vehicles under $55K and goes up in 1% increments from there.

Screen Shot 2019-05-15 at 9.51.57 AM.png

• Informative
Reactions: Rev-777
I'm confused about this. Under my account, it asks you to upload a copy of my current insurance. Are they referring to the insurance of my current vehicle? Why would they need/want that? Should I be getting insurance for the Tesla in advance of my delivery appointment?

Get insurance for the Tesla once you get the VIN, upload that to the account. Tesla says they can use your current insurance to confirm that the Tesla is covered.

Hmm, I thought you needed your ownership in order to go get insurance from ICBC so how can you do this in advance? Also, they don't do it on site like many other dealerships?
You do need ownership info and it’s done on site. The upload is not applicable to BC as you won’t be able to get your insurance without the transfer slip and vehicle info (from ICBC). Private insurance will ask for you VIN, make/model and plate number. You need to have at minimum basic ICBC and if you’re financing or leasing, full coverage (collision/comp).

You do need ownership info and it’s done on site. The upload is not applicable to BC as you won’t be able to get your insurance without the transfer slip and vehicle info (from ICBC). Private insurance will ask for you VIN, make/model and plate number. You need to have at minimum basic ICBC and if you’re financing or leasing, full coverage (collision/comp).
When I talked to Tesla on the phone they advised me to just upload an image of the ICBC logo to the insurance section of my order, then I'll do the insurance on delivery. Note that some of the responses on this topic are coming from people outside of BC who won't have similar circumstances.

New here but excited to join the Tesla club. Put an order in for an SR+ in pearl white on May 5th. I see a delivery appointment of May 30th in Vancouver-Powell but no VIN yet.

Q about the luxury tax: Anyone know if the SR+ pearl (config coming in at $56980) is taxed at 14% or 15%? In theory it's just under the $57000 threshold, but wondering if it's like the other thread with the black config under $55000 still being taxed at 13%.

I just picked up my black/black SR+ In Vancouver and paid 12% tax despite being over $55k. They include the fed A/C tax in the taxable subtotal as it’s a taxable fee. Breakdown for SR+ with no add on’s is $55,080 + tax (12%) + financing fee (varies and charged by the bank - Scotia charges $64.10 ). Then you subtract rebates and deposit. Total out the door for me was $48553.70

• Informative
Reactions: dasRad
When I talked to Tesla on the phone they advised me to just upload an image of the ICBC logo to the insurance section of my order, then I'll do the insurance on delivery. Note that some of the responses on this topic are coming from people outside of BC who won't have similar circumstances.
They added the logo for me when I ordered at the West Van showroom. Don’t worry about any of that until you get a call from the delivery team. They are the ones with the final say and make sure everything is in order. Sales team doesn’t have much info and was incorrect with much of the info they provided. FYI: unless you get a call from delivery team the delivery date on the online Tesla account is MOST LIKELY WRONG. It’s a default date the system generates much like the estimate of the invoice costs. They will upload a document once they confirm delivery info, financing with you by phone called Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement. That’s is your sales contract and final pricing.

Last edited:
I just picked up my black/black SR+ In Vancouver and paid 12% tax despite being over $55k. They include the fed A/C tax in the taxable subtotal as it’s a taxable fee. Breakdown for SR+ with no add on’s is $55,080 + tax (12%) + financing fee (varies and charged by the bank - Scotia charges $64.10 ). Then you subtract rebates and deposit. Total out the door for me was $48553.70

Woot, congrats!

Can you post your invoice or deal sheet?