Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 5/3 just called them to see what's up and they said I have a VIN assigned but the vehicle is still in the US; the VIN should appear when it crosses the border. They told me my tentative delivery date of May 31st should still be fairly accurate, and to expect a call next week. I will try not to obsessively check online...

Ordered 5/3 just called them to see what's up and they said I have a VIN assigned but the vehicle is still in the US; the VIN should appear when it crosses the border. They told me my tentative delivery date of May 31st should still be fairly accurate, and to expect a call next week. I will try not to obsessively check online...

Which number do you call to see if the VIN has been assigned to you?

Took my car to my dealer this AM to ask about a cash sale price, since I still haven't received anything back on my trade-in from Tesla and wanted to know the worst-case difference I'd be looking at (ordered on the 16th--but there was a weekend and a holiday Monday in between).

Anyway, drove back via Powell Street and noticed that the bulk of the Teslas on the lot were white. Not sure if it's a truck by truck delivery thing or not, but didn't notice many (any?) blacks. A woman was driving away in a red Model 3.

Took my car to my dealer this AM to ask about a cash sale price, since I still haven't received anything back on my trade-in from Tesla and wanted to know the worst-case difference I'd be looking at (ordered on the 16th--but there was a weekend and a holiday Monday in between).

Anyway, drove back via Powell Street and noticed that the bulk of the Teslas on the lot were white. Not sure if it's a truck by truck delivery thing or not, but didn't notice many (any?) blacks. A woman was driving away in a red Model 3.

What type of car? Have you phone'd into Tesla > existing orders? Or reach out to your OA?

Just texted my sales contact and the trade-in value was uploaded within 5 minutes. Hats off to Tesla for that kind of service at such a busy time. Low number, as expected, but probably enough for me to bite to save the hassle (and the 12% or 13% tax--it sounds like there's some uncertainty as to which one will apply).

Just FYI in case I'm not the only idiot, but it says "pending" on the main page, but when you click on "details" it shows the trade-in number (which wasn't there before). Because I've got a loan on the car (at 0%, which I'll miss), the payout amount takes a while to process apparently, which is why the main page still shows "pending". Again, just in case anyone is clicking the refresh frantically like I was and not seeing any changes. Thanks for the earlier feedback re: timing.

**Edited to note that I just saw your post, Hiener, once I uploaded mine...ended up pestering the OA and a super fast response from him initially to say he'd check and then again to say it was uploaded.**