Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Excellent, thanks, not sure why summary page was showing a higher amount outstanding. I’ll stick with the $48,469 as that’s also on the mvpa

Getting excited but still haven’t received a call or email from DA

Nice to see the vin though
Don’t even bother looking at online. For the SR+ black/black I was charged 12% tax in BC. No luxury tax (pst)

Ordered black on black SR+ on May 5th. Got a VIN number on the 19th. Received a call from Tesla in the states today saying that delivery is on the 25th as per the Tesla website. The Rep said someone from Vancouver should contact me but if they don’t still show up to the delivery appointment. The follow up email from the rep said:

“Next steps are outlined on your Tesla.com account page at https://www.tesla.com/en_CA/teslaaccount where you can self-serve in preparation for your delivery. Please note a few key items:”

I log in but there is no self serve and under next steps it says

“We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.”

Do I just get a draft for the amount owing under scotia bank approved terms? I put down $3200 (deposit) and the amount owing is $906.60

This is so complicated....

I am in exactly the same state. Same date and everything...such poor communication.

Ordered black on black SR+ on May 5th. Got a VIN number on the 19th. Received a call from Tesla in the states today saying that delivery is on the 25th as per the Tesla website. The Rep said someone from Vancouver should contact me but if they don’t still show up to the delivery appointment. The follow up email from the rep said:

“Next steps are outlined on your Tesla.com account page at https://www.tesla.com/en_CA/teslaaccount where you can self-serve in preparation for your delivery. Please note a few key items:”

I log in but there is no self serve and under next steps it says

“We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.”

Do I just get a draft for the amount owing under scotia bank approved terms? I put down $3200 (deposit) and the amount owing is $906.60

This is so complicated....
I ordered same specs on May 4th but initial delivery is may 25 now pushed to June 7...

Just texted my sales contact and the trade-in value was uploaded within 5 minutes. Hats off to Tesla for that kind of service at such a busy time. Low number, as expected, but probably enough for me to bite to save the hassle (and the 12% or 13% tax--it sounds like there's some uncertainty as to which one will apply).

Just FYI in case I'm not the only idiot, but it says "pending" on the main page, but when you click on "details" it shows the trade-in number (which wasn't there before). Because I've got a loan on the car (at 0%, which I'll miss), the payout amount takes a while to process apparently, which is why the main page still shows "pending". Again, just in case anyone is clicking the refresh frantically like I was and not seeing any changes. Thanks for the earlier feedback re: timing.

**Edited to note that I just saw your post, Hiener, once I uploaded mine...ended up pestering the OA and a super fast response from him initially to say he'd check and then again to say it was uploaded.**

Did they apply "net trade in" credit towards price before taxes or after tax same as the POS rebate?

Did they apply "net trade in" credit towards price before taxes or after tax same as the POS rebate?
They don't lay out how they calculate it, but, in reverse engineering the numbers, it looks like they do it as follows:

Purchase Price ($54,980) + AC Tax ($100) = $55,080
Less Trade-in ($X)
Multiplied by 0.13 for "Sales Tax"​

So, if your trade-in was $20k, you'd pay $4,560.4 in Sales Tax.

But, from other posts, not sure if it's a 12% or 13% tax rate once someone (or someTHING) prepares the real purchase agreement for a BC sale.

They don't lay out how they calculate it, but, in reverse engineering the numbers, it looks like they do it as follows:

Purchase Price ($54,980) + AC Tax ($100) = $55,080
Less Trade-in ($X)
Multiplied by 0.13 for "Sales Tax"​

So, if your trade-in was $20k, you'd pay $4,560.4 in Sales Tax.

But, from other posts, not sure if it's a 12% or 13% tax rate once someone (or someTHING) prepares the real purchase agreement for a BC sale.

Doesn't the trade in go towards reducing the purchase price making it 12% since it puts it under 55k? Genuinely asking.

Doesn't the trade in go towards reducing the purchase price making it 12% since it puts it under 55k? Genuinely asking.

Unfortunately, I don't think so. I looked it up when I didn't think I would be trading in my existing vehicle (so it would cost me more--in absolute dollar terms--if I hit the luxury tax thresholds). Frankly, it's the main reason I didn't order the sport wheels, since I had no idea on what the trade-in value would be and didn't want to end up paying an extra 3% on $52k.

The "purchase price" (on which the luxury tax rate is determined) is calculated BEFORE the trade-in.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/t...6-motor-vehicle-dealers-leasing-companies.pdf

Trade-ins - If you sell a new or used vehicle and accept goods as a trade-in as part or all of the consideration from your customer, in certain situations you may deduct the value of the trade-in from the taxable purchase price to calculate the PST payable. This reduction in the taxable purchase price does not affect the PST rate (i.e. the PST rate is based on the purchase price before the trade-in is deducted).

• Informative
Reactions: LazyBeagle and phtp
Unfortunately, I don't think so. I looked it up when I didn't think I would be trading in my existing vehicle (so it would cost me more--in absolute dollar terms--if I hit the luxury tax thresholds). Frankly, it's the main reason I didn't order the sport wheels, since I had no idea on what the trade-in value would be and didn't want to end up paying an extra 3% on $52k.

The "purchase price" (on which the luxury tax rate is determined) is calculated BEFORE the trade-in.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/t...6-motor-vehicle-dealers-leasing-companies.pdf

Trade-ins - If you sell a new or used vehicle and accept goods as a trade-in as part or all of the consideration from your customer, in certain situations you may deduct the value of the trade-in from the taxable purchase price to calculate the PST payable. This reduction in the taxable purchase price does not affect the PST rate (i.e. the PST rate is based on the purchase price before the trade-in is deducted).
Did you get a good value for your trade? and how did it go. Thanks

Did you get a good value for your trade? and how did it go. Thanks
Fair value. $500 below the mid-point of the average trade-in value shown here: https.://wwwa.autotrader.ca/valuations, but that allows you to offset the tax otherwise payable on that amount. I haven't done the trade yet, but I hear they check the mileage, you hand over your keys and off you go. No inspection or anything, you just enter some info and upload 4 pictures.

Fair value. $500 below the mid-point of the average trade-in value shown here: https.://wwwa.autotrader.ca/valuations, but that allows you to offset the tax otherwise payable on that amount. I haven't done the trade yet, but I hear they check the mileage, you hand over your keys and off you go. No inspection or anything, you just enter some info and upload 4 pictures.
I’m picking up my car tomorrow and didn’t select the tradein option. Is it too late or can I still do it?