Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, with AC tax it goes over 55K - doesn't that make in ineligible for federal rebates?

The rebate is based only on the MSRP for the particular "trim", which has to be less than $55k. Taxes, upgraded wheels, etc. don't count:

To be eligible for the Incentives for Zero-Emission Vehicles program, you have to purchase or lease:
  • a vehicle with six seats or fewer, where the base model (trim) Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is less than $45,000;
    • higher priced versions (trims) of these vehicles, up to a maximum Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $55,000, will also be eligible for purchase incentives;

The rebate is based only on the MSRP for the particular "trim", which has to be less than $55k. Taxes, upgraded wheels, etc. don't count:

To be eligible for the Incentives for Zero-Emission Vehicles program, you have to purchase or lease:
  • a vehicle with six seats or fewer, where the base model (trim) Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is less than $45,000;
    • higher priced versions (trims) of these vehicles, up to a maximum Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $55,000, will also be eligible for purchase incentives;
Thanks 9-Volt!!

My original bill was 12%, now they changed it to 13% on the website. Now that's not right. I have black on black.

In my mind, it demonstrates a big downside to dealing with The Mothership (ie, no local dealers). The Tesla staff kept saying it's the $100 A/C fee that is the problem and they can't do anything about it, but my point was if they dropped the $1,280 destination fee to $1,200 for BC deliveries (which seems "fair" since we're closest to CA), their customers would save ~$550, but they obviously have no control over that. Maybe things change when there's some competition, but my hunch is they don't need to do that to keep buyers lined up. I care less about it now that I'm trading in, because I only get hit on the difference, but it's frustrating because that bump (all over $80) applies to the entire purchase price, not just the "overage" above $55k. Also frustrating you can't get a trade in value before ordering, because I would have got the sports wheels, but didn't want it costing me an extra 3% on the full $55k + $2k if I didn't trade in, so I ended up going aftermarket instead. Tesla lost $2k, but, again, I suspect they don't care at this point if they're just trying to hit deliverable numbers, and that aspect of the buying process may also change with competition.

I'm too old to know what a Meme is, but does this count (when it's completely undoctored)? I guess better the Tesla order page than other websites I obviously would never visit!!

upload_2019-5-25_12-33-23.png

• Funny
Reactions: Vawlkus and BEPA400
I thought others are getting it with 12% tax and not 13% from Vancouver.
Anybody actually got 12%?
Confirmed I only paid 12% tax in Van for SR+ black/black no add ons. I just double checked my MVPA and for some reason I paid less financing fee ($64.10 instead of $113.43 - rep said this does vary), and I only paid 12% tax not 13% (tax of $6609.60 vs $7160.40) My down payment was bigger but that shouldn’t have anything to do with it.

All of that said my first online account update just prior to delivery with down payment and actual monthly payment correct showed the wrong taxes payable (13% not 12%). This was corrected on the MVPA (once it was visible online) which matched my final invoice. Maybe yours will be amended just prior to delivery.