Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver Delivery Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Despite many on-line forum posts claiming that paint defects and bad panel alignments on the model 3, mine was perfect. I have to say that the gaps and alignments are not as perfect as Honda or Toyota (I only owned these two brands before), but they are acceptable.

The only thing was that they are so busy that they requested all customer to sign all paper works and insurance done before I could even see the vehicle. Other than that, the staffs are helpful, and the experience was ok.

The parking area was hot and humid but you wont spent too much time there. There will be no customer parking due to the volume of delivery so expect to find a street parking spot.

Hope this will help people are still waiting for the delivery.

Yeaaaaah, this is BS. They don't want anyone to refuse delivery in such an important quarter.

No vendor wants anyone to refuse delivery. Unlike most vendors, Tesla has high confidence that any vehicle that is refused will be quickly sold.

When I took delivery on Friday, I arrived about 9:30 am. By the time they opened the doors at 9:55 there was at least a dozen people lined up waiting to take delivery after having waited weeks since ordering. I don’t know of any other automotive retailer in Canada that demonstrates that high a level of product demand.

But people have refused delivery. We have read reports here of people who have done it.

I will quickly share my delivery experience at the West 4th location on June 14th.

My appointment was at 5:30 pm but I got there at around 5pm. There was a Tesla staff in the back parking in front of the gate sitting in a chair letting Tesla related people into the underground parking. I was trading in my car so he told me to park at the spots immediately to the left side after entering. I parked and came out and immediately a Tesla staff came over to greet me and took my plates off and gave me helpful info. He saw that I had a bunch of stuff since I came straight from work and told me there is a bin at the far counter to store my things. Very helpful.

Went upstairs (Elevator JUST broke), lots of people, waited for about 30 minutes and went to sign the papers, I was fine not seeing the car before signing. I understand people's concerns but I always had confidence with Tesla. Papers and insurance went super fast since I was just transferring the policy from my trade in car.

Came back to the lounge to wait for my car, by that time the elevator was fixed, holy fast. Takes my condo a couple days to fix the elevator lol.

Another 30-45 minutes passed and my car was there, I was 100% prepared for the delivery thanks for this forum, brought my flashlight and checklist down.

I wasn't prepared for my car literally sitting in the 3-4 charging spots right below a bunch of bright lights, looking ethereal. No flashlight needed for my delivery. Everything was fine, frunk gap was within tolerance and looked fine to me. Slightly dirty on some spots but no paint issues. Inside was also fine.

I was NOT rushed by the delivery girl. I overheard that she's actually from sales so maybe they had her down here to help out since they're short? Just my speculation. Her name was Kate, and she was AMAZING. Even though I was super prepared and pretty much knew all the ins and outs, we chatted for about 15 minutes and had a blast.

I think the total process took about maybe 1.5-2 hours? To be completely honest I was so excited I didn't look at the time. But it wasn't that long because I never felt like I was waiting long at all.

Thank you Tesla vancouver West 4th location. That was one heck of a job you guys are doing every single fcking day.

Drive home was nerve wracking because I didn't want to crash my car on my first drive :)

This is a dream come true car. The car of all cars. my god

I will quickly share my delivery experience at the West 4th location on June 14th.

//

I think the total process took about maybe 1.5-2 hours? To be completely honest I was so excited I didn't look at the time. But it wasn't that long because I never felt like I was waiting long at all.

Thank you Tesla vancouver West 4th location. That was one heck of a job you guys are doing every single fcking day.

Drive home was nerve wracking because I didn't want to crash my car on my first drive :)

This is a dream come true car. The car of all cars. my god

Your experience pretty much mirrors mine.

Also, we simply made it clear we were going to inspect the car before signing any papers, so we went down the elevator to the garage and checked it out for about 20 minutes, then up to sign the papers.

Whole process took 90 minutes and we spent some time socializing with staff and getting a 15-40 adapter. Could probably have done it in less than an hour.

Love our 3. Unfortunately, I am beginning the slow transformation into a hyper-miler - the regen braking is set high or whatever, so I see how much I can drive without using the brakes (other than at rest). Oh, and my kids watch me on my wife's phone app, and complain that I drive home so slowly (I wasn't, I was just trying to time the green light, I swear).

YKMMV

Just picked up my Model 3 today, here's my experience (I know you guys are out there that need more delivery content to consume....I was one of them!):

Time: 3:30pm and arrived 15 min early. West 4th had a lot of people, but it wasn't overly packed to the point of being uncomfortable.

Check-In: Spoke to the staff at the iMacs at the door and promptly got seated at one of the numbered sections on the long wall desks.

Paperwork: Tesla lady (Julie I think?) was very nice. Was not rushed at all, and really drove home the excitement of buying a Tesla. Just signed maybe 15-20 signatures in total for everything. Pretty simple stuff, took maybe 10 minutes total. She was actually the only employee to come into the lounge and recommend customers to connect to wifi due to no cellular reception in the parking lot downstairs. She's great, promote her.

Insurance: Typical affair, I actually ate up a lot of his time that I shouldn't have. The ICBC portion he helped me with took like 5 minutes at most. I just sat there repeatedly trying to call stupid BCAA to get my plan active to no avail. Ended up having to purchase everything through ICBC and will need to finish with BCAA/cancel ICBC optionals tomorrow. BCAA please get your act together, customers shouldn't need to wait 30+ minutes (I tried again while waiting for car) and still not connect with an Agent.

Lounge Wait: I'll preface by saying I was in good spirits the entire time, the wait was no big deal since I know how much volume they're doing. Was told by the Tesla employee at the front desk that my vehicle had not yet arrived, and would take approximately 30 minutes. He asked if I wanted to grab a bite to eat or wait in the Lounge. Waited close to 2 hours before my name was called! Not sure what caused the delay, as people I saw check-in well after me got their cars before I did. No big deal, my Delivery Advisor (Michael, based in Toronto - was told due to volume they're handling) had told me to expect a lengthy wait.

Only thing I think they could improve on would be more snacks/goodies besides just cooler water/coffee provided in the lounge. This is a company selling $50-100k+ vehicles. I think even some canned drinks, muffins, etc would be doable for the company. Hell, if budget is that tight, tuck the cost into the vehicle's delivery fee by $2. It's all part of the experience...cooler water is something I can find at Nissan and Toyota.

Delivery at Parkade: Took the elevator down into the parking lot. The team of 2-3 there sucked balls. No excitement, no passion, I don't even know why they're working for Tesla. When I stepped out of the elevator, I expected at least someone there to greet me and guide me to my car. Instead I had to peek around the corner, and then awkwardly say "uh...hello my name is ____". The guy then asked for insurance/plates. Get it together man......this is not ****ing McDonald's. I get it, you deal with 100+ deliveries a day, but it's very basic customer service, let alone delivery of a $60k vehicle. Julie (I hope I got her name right) upstairs shook my hand twice in our interaction. Hell, the insurance guy also shook my hand. Delivery team downstairs..........get it the **** together.

Anyway, at least the guy taking me to my car was smart enough to offer to clean my Plates. Inspected the car while he put the plates on, and as far as I can tell, the vehicle seems to be in pristine condition. I'm not a super nit-picker, so maybe my standards are lower than some owners, but there were no panel alignment issues or paint damage.

But then after the plates are put on, the poor service resumes. He walks me through the App setup, hands me the key-cards. There's this awkward pause where I'm expecting him to lead the interaction and invite me to go through car-basics. Instead, he goes... "So uh, have you test driven it before?". At this point I already knew he just wanted to have the session wrapped up. Quite frankly, I've already done so much research that I know the car inside-out, and could probably take over his job. Just a whole lot of awkward silence and no movement. Basically told him I was good, and he left me alone to set up my car.

tl;dr. Nice and friendly lobby staff, quick paperwork. Waited 2 hours in lounge for car to arrive/be prepped. Parkade staff sucked royal horseshit. Like 0/10 if you were in a good mood which I was. Car is amazing, 10/10.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: bolero and hohohong
I just received my Model 3 on Sunday and for the most part the staff upstairs was wonderful and handled all of the transactions with professionalism. Total time for the deliver was between 1.5 hrs to 2 hrs, most of time waiting in the lounge.

Once in the parkade the service guys kind of greeted me then walked me to my car. I said that I have driven the car already so my deliver person decided to just put on the plates and that is about it. I walked around the car inspecting it and noticed a few flaws which I pointed out the my rep. He tried to pass it on as normal but then got another individual to come over and talk to me. I showed him the defects and while showing him one of the defects I actually cut my finger on the sharp plastic piece and he tried to pass it off as "well normally people would not do that" I was not happy with that and he then called upstairs for another person to come down. This time George Ayoub addressed my issues agreed that they were not acceptable and told me that they would handle it later via an appointment. Unfortunately it was so dark in the parkade that I did not see two dents that were just above the wheel well of my passenger rear wheels. I noticed these after driving my car from the TESLA dealership on 4th to the Auto Detailer (RDI in Richmond, Highly recommend) where I did a walk around there and noticed the two small dents.

I emailed Vancouver Delivery, my sales rep and the TESLA ([email protected]) and customer support ([email protected]) I have not heard back from them so hopefully someone does respond or call me back soon to address the two small dents. Or I will need to drive down there to show them the damage.

So when picking up at 4th Ave I do recommend to bring a flashlight just in case you need to shine it on the panels so you can see correctly for any imperfections.

It's unfortunate that such an expensive car is received with poor quality.

But other than that fantastic car!

BTW all of this was after the BC Government surprised all of us with the reduction of the EV Rebate and although we in my opinion reserved the car with our deposit apparently the BC Government does not see it that way. Hopefully with more emails to the MLAs from affected individuals we can get the Government to allow a deposit as proof for reserving the vehicle. Anyway this is for another fourm and sorry for introducing this in my thread.

I just received my Model 3 on Sunday and for the most part the staff upstairs was wonderful and handled all of the transactions with professionalism. Total time for the deliver was between 1.5 hrs to 2 hrs, most of time waiting in the lounge.

Once in the parkade the service guys kind of greeted me then walked me to my car. I said that I have driven the car already so my deliver person decided to just put on the plates and that is about it. I walked around the car inspecting it and noticed a few flaws which I pointed out the my rep. He tried to pass it on as normal but then got another individual to come over and talk to me. I showed him the defects and while showing him one of the defects I actually cut my finger on the sharp plastic piece and he tried to pass it off as "well normally people would not do that" I was not happy with that and he then called upstairs for another person to come down. This time George Ayoub addressed my issues agreed that they were not acceptable and told me that they would handle it later via an appointment. Unfortunately it was so dark in the parkade that I did not see two dents that were just above the wheel well of my passenger rear wheels. I noticed these after driving my car from the TESLA dealership on 4th to the Auto Detailer (RDI in Richmond, Highly recommend) where I did a walk around there and noticed the two small dents.

I emailed Vancouver Delivery, my sales rep and the TESLA ([email protected]) and customer support ([email protected]) I have not heard back from them so hopefully someone does respond or call me back soon to address the two small dents. Or I will need to drive down there to show them the damage.

So when picking up at 4th Ave I do recommend to bring a flashlight just in case you need to shine it on the panels so you can see correctly for any imperfections.

It's unfortunate that such an expensive car is received with poor quality.

But other than that fantastic car!

BTW all of this was after the BC Government surprised all of us with the reduction of the EV Rebate and although we in my opinion reserved the car with our deposit apparently the BC Government does not see it that way. Hopefully with more emails to the MLAs from affected individuals we can get the Government to allow a deposit as proof for reserving the vehicle. Anyway this is for another fourm and sorry for introducing this in my thread.

Any updates in regards to this?

I also had a problem during my delivery yesterday at the Powell St. location.