Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver (GVRD) - Ceramic Coat & Tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, quick update on the group discount. I have received phone calls inquiring for 5 + people group discount on Opti-Coat Pro Plus without tinting. So I feel that I need to clarify here. You pay $100 less in total for group of 3 people or even less for group of 5 people. But, it is due to special bundle price on tinting. The deal we offer is not a discount on Opti-Coat coating, but a bundle special on tinting for the group members. Thank you. First lucky member is here! :)

Reactions: SimonCh
Hey guys, quick update on the group discount. I have received phone calls inquiring for 5 + people group discount on Opti-Coat Pro Plus without tinting. So I feel that I need to clarify here. You pay $100 less in total for group of 3 people or even less for group of 5 people. But, it is due to special bundle price on tinting. The deal we offer is not a discount on Opti-Coat coating, but a bundle special on tinting for the group members. Thank you. First lucky member is here! :)
It’s kind of confusing... what if I have 2 people? Will it work? do you offer Ceramic tint or just regular?
OptiCoat Plus comes with the Warranty card?

It’s kind of confusing... what if I have 2 people? Will it work? do you offer Ceramic tint or just regular?
OptiCoat Plus comes with the Warranty card?

Sorry if I confused you. Last week or so I received 2 phone calls inquiring about discount for group of 3 people if they come together. So we created that bundle deal and shared with everyone. The deal is that we give better price on tinting when 3 Opti-Coat Pro Plus packages purchased by the same group of 3. In previous post I just wanted to mention that It is not a discount on coating and different offer for bigger group.

Yes, Opti-Coat Pro Plus comes with warranty card. We install regular tint, ceramic is also available but is a bit more expensive.

Sorry if I confused you. Last week or so I received 2 phone calls inquiring about discount for group of 3 people if they come together. So we created that bundle deal and shared with everyone. The deal is that we give better price on tinting when 3 Opti-Coat Pro Plus packages purchased by the same group of 3. In previous post I just wanted to mention that It is not a discount on coating and different offer for bigger group.

Yes, Opti-Coat Pro Plus comes with warranty card. We install regular tint, ceramic is also available but is a bit more expensive.
I would like to get OptiCoat Plus,I think I don’t really need Window tint I have a friend with M3 as well.
Can we get discount or bundle price for Pro Plus Ceramic?

I just finally got my M3 yesterday:). After doing a bunch of research I decide to visit RDI in Richmond and Ken Wilson at Autowerkes. I think both companies are very solid. I have checked their google and Instagram pictures/profiles and reviews.Looks like they work with M3 a lot. Ken is very firm on price, he works with Gtecniq and RDI Opti Coat distributor/installer. I’m still thinking between Gteqnic or Opti Coat... both companies same price. I’m not sure if those big bundle discounts come with quality..?

I did lots of research and contacted all companies as well. RDI and Autowekrs were the top 2. I ended up going with RDI as they were closed to my house. I picked up my car yesterday and they did a fantastic job. Car looks better than I thought (Tinting, Chrome delete and opti coat plus). I’d highly recommend them as Roman took the time to explain all the different options and he wasn’t pushy at all and didn’t try to upsell me. Great communication and end result. I’d go back again in a heartbeat.

Attachments

• 088E8207-3344-4879-B618-BCE52720A1C1.jpeg
    088E8207-3344-4879-B618-BCE52720A1C1.jpeg
    400.5 KB · Views: 223
  • D131B196-CF91-4151-9387-0BAD3629E687.jpeg
    D131B196-CF91-4151-9387-0BAD3629E687.jpeg
    461.5 KB · Views: 178
Reactions: 9-Volt
Car looks better than I thought (Tinting, Chrome delete and opti coat plus).

That looks awesome! Just curious on the tinting and chrome delete. Does it look "stock" in person? It does from the pics. In other words, it doesn't look like something obviously aftermarket?

What % was the tint? Is it one or two pieces on the back window?

It really does look good!!

That looks awesome! Just curious on the tinting and chrome delete. Does it look "stock" in person? It does from the pics. In other words, it doesn't look like something obviously aftermarket?

Hmm, bundle up and get a group discount? seems like the paint on bottom part of the car were pretty vulnerable according to my research.

Thanks! I only tinted the back side windows and the top glass (both at 35%, 20% is too dark especially if you can’t tint the front). Only had of the top window needs to be tinted as the front half is already done. The chrome delete looks as stock as it can be. You can’t see any edges and it’s smooth. It’s all vinyl wrap except for the small area underneath the mirror where it folds. That was done by plastidip but you can only tell if you look really close. Definitely pay him a visit and he can show you photos of other model 3s that he’s done.

For those who have opted for Opti-Coat Pro Plus vs just Opti-Coat Pro, I know that Gleamworks has a chart that shows the difference. Is the Plus just a longer lasting version ? I see that the Plus also include coating of the exterior glass from the chart. Just trying to justify the extra $300-$400 in cost. Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Gleamworks, can you not give out a refer code for the users of this forum? It would much simpler than having us organize ourselves in groups of 3's or 5's.
Hi Tjex. No problem. The group of 5 is now
Gleamworks, can you not give out a refer code for the users of this forum? It would much simpler than having us organize ourselves in groups of 3's or 5's.
Hi Tjex. There was no actual code. People inquired for group discount and got it. We got 5 or more people contacted me so the deal is done now. I don't know if we are going to do it again, but always open to new ideas. Just let me know, I'm around . Thank you.

• Funny
Reactions: SimonCh
Thanks! I only tinted the back side windows and the top glass (both at 35%, 20% is too dark especially if you can’t tint the front). Only had of the top window needs to be tinted as the front half is already done. The chrome delete looks as stock as it can be. You can’t see any edges and it’s smooth. It’s all vinyl wrap except for the small area underneath the mirror where it folds. That was done by plastidip but you can only tell if you look really close. Definitely pay him a visit and he can show you photos of other model 3s that he’s done.

How much did this all cost you? i'm looking to do exactly all these things as well (chrome delete + window tint + ceramic coating)
My research also turned up RDI as the most recommended, gleamworks being the other one

• Gleamworks quoted me 250 for the tinting but RDI's website listed from 597! more than double the pricing! Also it says "from", so could be more!
  • Gleamworks also quoted me 1200 for the chrome delete whereas RDI quoted "from 650" so half the pricing in this catecory although i'm a bit skeptical with the use of "from"
  • As far as ceramic coating goes, RDI is $100 more than Gleamworks but Gleamworks needs to add an additional $300 for wheels whereas it seems like RDI's included? Can you confirm if RDI did your wheels as well?

RDI has been very conservative when quoting stuff over email so i'm wondering if you could share the price you paid. DM would also work

Thanks a bunch!

How much did this all cost you? i'm looking to do exactly all these things as well (chrome delete + window tint + ceramic coating)
My research also turned up RDI as the most recommended, gleamworks being the other one

• Gleamworks quoted me 250 for the tinting but RDI's website listed from 597! more than double the pricing! Also it says "from", so could be more!
  • Gleamworks also quoted me 1200 for the chrome delete whereas RDI quoted "from 650" so half the pricing in this catecory although i'm a bit skeptical with the use of "from"
  • As far as ceramic coating goes, RDI is $100 more than Gleamworks but Gleamworks needs to add an additional $300 for wheels whereas it seems like RDI's included? Can you confirm if RDI did your wheels as well?

RDI has been very conservative when quoting stuff over email so i'm wondering if you could share the price you paid. DM would also work

Thanks a bunch!
Hello Pandap.
You are right, pricing saying "from" is just a rough estimate. Difference of our $250 compare to $597 at the other shop probably means different options for tinting like type of film, brand, size etc.
Same idea with the chrome delete. It can be done as 100% wrapped, or 50%/50% wrapped and painted etc.Then mirrors folding area and logos if they included or not, mechanical technician may be needed also.
For wheels too, what exactly included in to wheels service may differ btw shops, so it must be specified as well.
Going shorter the best way is to make a visit to discuss your needs for the correct pricing.
Thank you and hope I answered your question. ;)

Thanks a bunch!

I don’t think that RDI ceramic includes wheels. They gave me a price of ~$1600 and then said wheels were $400 for a set of four.

They told me chrome delete was $750-$950. I guess some people leave some chrome undeleted.

Wanted to update everyone.

Got my car back from Gleamworks and Igor and his team did an awesome job.
I got the opti-coat pro plus as well as the rear tint. Igor convinced me to have the rear glass in two pieces instead of one piece and the tint looks great. You can't even see the line!

Quick story: I dropped the car off on Wednesday evening, and got the car back Friday evening. I forgot I had left Sentry Mode on automatically and I got a notification at 11:35pm on Thursday that the car alarm was set off and subsequently turned off. The next morning I had to work early and saw the car door was open at 6:30am! They worked around the clock to make sure my car would be delivered on time.... I have the Sentry mode footage to prove it!
Igor and his team are really passionate about what they do and they did a really great job. They didn't pay me to say this, I am just a very satisfied customer :)
20190531_170715.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: fidodido