Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver (GVRD) - Ceramic Coat & Tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got mine tinted at infinity window tint on clark. Roy did an awesome job! I got 20% ont he rears and 70% on the fronts. The rear window in one piece. He uses Xpel Prime XR nano ceramic tint which I couldn't find anywhere else in the lower mainland.

Some pics

Attachments

• 20190617_100709.jpg
    20190617_100709.jpg
    533.2 KB · Views: 224
  • 20190617_100842.jpg
    20190617_100842.jpg
    572.4 KB · Views: 187
Reactions: stevedavies76
I got mine tinted at infinity window tint on clark. Roy did an awesome job! I got 20% ont he rears and 70% on the fronts. The rear window in one piece. He uses Xpel Prime XR nano ceramic tint which I couldn't find anywhere else in the lower mainland.

Some pics

That looks awesome! How's the visibility at night for that 20% tint? BTW, I believe that the front window tint is illegal. I wanted to do the front but a little bit hesitated. How do you plan to get around it if you were caught (knock, knock) by a police?

Some pics

I think you mean Infinite tint, I got mine done there too! He does a great job and his prices are great.
I think his instagram is @infinite.tint I found him there

That looks awesome! How's the visibility at night for that 20% tint? BTW, I believe that the front window tint is illegal. I wanted to do the front but a little bit hesitated. How do you plan to get around it if you were caught (knock, knock) by a police?

The front is very clear. The original window is about 70% so its not a noticeable difference. I just got it for heat rejection so hard to call it tint. But I guess I would deal with it when the time comes. I think a.cop cannot confidently tell theres tint there to say anything. Its a small risk.

Back window visibility is still fine at night. Im surprised its not worse than it is. To be fair though with the small rear view mirror on the M3 and higher trunk its not the best rear window for visibility to begin with and I find myself driving with backup camera on quite a bit even in broad daylight.

I think you mean Infinite tint, I got mine done there too! He does a great job and his prices are great.
I think his instagram is @infinite.tint I found him there

Yup thats him!

How much did it cost ya?

900$ all in. I didn't do the roof. 990$ with roof was quoted.

I think a.cop cannot confidently tell theres tint there to say anything. Its a small risk.

Cops has a specialized handheld machine to scan a window to see if it has any tint on them.

Still a relatively small risk since you probably won't get scanned if they didn't suspect in the first place.

Still, whether this is worth the risk is subject to personal opinion so I just wanna make sure everyone reading this thread have access to the right information to make an informed decision

I myself was gonna do the front sides as well but later decided to opt out just because I don't want to take ANY risks. Getting pulled over just for the tint and eat a ticket is one thing.

Getting into an accident with icbc finding out your tint and ding you on it is a whole different story

Just got my car from RDI Detailing (https://www.rdidetailing.ca/) where I had my windows tinted and my car ceramic coat completed (OPTI-COAT Pro). I can tell you that my Model 3 looks awesome. Roman was super easy to work with took the time to answer my questions and completed my car in a day and half. Dropped off Sunday at 4:30 pm and picked up on Monday 6:30 pm so actually not even a day and half.

Paint corrections completed by Roman and he walked me through how to take care of my car and will also be providing me several solutions to wash and keep my OPTI-Coat in tip top condition.

I highly recommend Roman at RDI Detailing. Drive your car straight from TESLA to RDI to get the work down before you hit the roads for good.

image2.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image3.jpeg

@data27 car looks great!! congrats on the coat and the tint!

How much did it cost you (which windows got tinted) and why didn't you wrap the car (ppf)?
So funny because I asked him the exact same question. He said that because he doesn't go on highways that often and also that really depends on your budget.

The prices for RDI are all on their website and their prices are firm.

Reactions: samcvan
Roman is very firm on price. Model 3 is considered medium.

I went with rdi recently as well and I can confirm Romans price are VERY firm, he won't budge at all, which made me felt kinda sour when im sure he has done bundle discounts before. One example is in page 2 or 3 of this thread where @fidodido mentioned he got tinting at a cheaper price when bundled with opticoat pro

Another user in this thread I also pm-ed confirm rdi gave them.bundle deal with chrome delete, tinting, and opticoat so I know just a month ago they were still doing bundle deals but he won't budge for me at all

So yeah ...

I went with rdi recently as well and I can confirm Romans price are VERY firm, he won't budge at all, which made me felt kinda sour when im sure he has done bundle discounts before. One example is in page 2 or 3 of this thread where @fidodido mentioned he got tinting at a cheaper price when bundled with opticoat pro

Another user in this thread I also pm-ed confirm rdi gave them.bundle deal with chrome delete, tinting, and opticoat so I know just a month ago they were still doing bundle deals but he won't budge for me at all

So yeah ...
Business is probably booming so they don't do deals anymore :(