Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver (GVRD) - Ceramic Coat & Tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@525SNAP thanks! I'll check out the website. I just thought there could be a deal / discount if you do both.

Is model 3 considered a small car?
You can call Roman at RDI and tell him that you both will go in and see what can be worked out. Please let him know that I referred you. BTW I get no benefits but just good for people and businesses to know who referred them to their shop. But with that said I don't think they are hurting for business given that they are having Model 3's all booking to get work done by his shop.

I did not do the PPF because I am not on the hwys that often mostly city diving and also budget.

I got all of the side windows done and did not do the front windshield (which Roman actually says not to do) and did not do the back window for now might do it later if I decide to do it but I think it might be too dark to look though during the dark days of the Winters. Roman actually mentioned that to me but did not discourage me from doing anything.

• Love
Reactions: Steve3K and samcvan
I’m actually debating on this right now: go for a good installer and top product with premium price, or go for a good installer and mid-core product with significant savings. The end of the day, the car is still gonna chipped anyway. The coating is still going to fade ...

I’m actually debating on this right now: go for a good installer and top product with premium price, or go for a good installer and mid-core product with significant savings. The end of the day, the car is still gonna chipped anyway. The coating is still going to fade ...
So true you can only protect your paint for so long and the ceramic coating is a preventative then a permanent protection. But I personally feel go with an company who is well respected and uses quality products. The paint that TESLA uses is applied not as thick as other cars which is why the TESLA paint should be treated. At the end of the day it's up to each individual in terms of what they want to spend their money on.

You can call Roman at RDI and tell him that you both will go in and see what can be worked out. Please let him know that I referred you. BTW I get no benefits but just good for people and businesses to know who referred them to their shop. But with that said I don't think they are hurting for business given that they are having Model 3's all booking to get work done by his shop.

I did not do the PPF because I am not on the hwys that often mostly city diving and also budget.

I got all of the side windows done and did not do the front windshield (which Roman actually says not to do) and did not do the back window for now might do it later if I decide to do it but I think it might be too dark to look though during the dark days of the Winters. Roman actually mentioned that to me but did not discourage me from doing anything.

What did all the windows cost ?

I'm getting mine done for $600 for 7 windows, SunTek Ceramic

So true you can only protect your paint for so long and the ceramic coating is a preventative then a permanent protection. But I personally feel go with an company who is well respected and uses quality products. The paint that TESLA uses is applied not as thick as other cars which is why the TESLA paint should be treated. At the end of the day it's up to each individual in terms of what they want to spend their money on.

That’s what I’m saying. As many user indicated in various diff forums, a good installer is much much more than a product. He/she will need to correct paint or whatever defects before the coating is installed. Once the coating is done, any imperfection is locked in as most of the ceramic coatings are permanent or cemi-permanent. Not to say RDI is not a good one, actually they are pretty reputable according to this forum. Just not like the way they jack up the price, not really but still, in this time being.

I also went with RDI Detailing!
Opti- Coat Pro Plus $1597 and Full front PPF $2,197
Roman is firm on price, there is no discounts but quality and service is top notch!
They are Opti Coat authorized:
Find An Installer - Find Opticoat Installer

$2200 for ppf is somewhat average, but there are a few places that would do it for less. Go on the FB group for Model 3 Vancouver, there is a vendor there that might do it cheaper, I think it was HAV ceramic coating. Also call up PH Solar Tint and Speed Projects Laboratory. I was going to go with PH Solar, but they were always so busy and never went with them. Maybe they freed up a bit so it's worth checking to see.

I finally had my M3 coated and tinted with Igor. Very good guy and very good service. The initial results are very good. Two days after the service, I went for a 800km road trip for the Canada day. I immediately regret my decision after the first day of the trip because the road condition is very unfriendly to the paint. Some times rainy and most of the time very hot, lots of dirt and birds' “bomb”. You simply don’t have time to wash them out. While I got home, the car was still shinny but if you look closely, you can find all diff kind of stuff on the body. I was expecting a lot of labor to clean them out, however, with just water rinsed it once, the car appears brand new again! I think I should share this with all the guys here so the guys on the fence could have one more option.

These pics were right after the coating installed:
410DA15B-28FF-45B3-A7FD-54B296016719.jpeg
99615065-BEB4-4512-87C3-EB388F71D9C6.jpeg
D1F159AB-04E0-4076-BF1B-FC0965920BDE.jpeg
5B16F6E6-0691-4E27-9A0F-93BAEE60C3EB.jpeg

On the road
34EA9B6F-9329-4BFF-8B91-96C84B4FA045.jpeg

Back home
619CC804-FB6F-458B-8DCD-2222861B7E3A.jpeg

After clean
737F202B-FD3C-4D4C-9ED2-5347A0F09C2E.jpeg

E17F98F6-81AC-4A6B-B5D9-B96FB58C9685.jpeg

BTW, water bedding on the roof is beautiful!
330A3F4C-CB77-4253-84BC-5A21FB14D626.jpeg

Last edited:
I finally had my M3 coated and tinted with Igor. Very good guy and very good service. The initial results are very good. Two days after the service, I went for a 800km road trip for the Canada day. I immediately regret my decision after the first day of the trip because the road condition is very unfriendly to the paint. Some times rainy and most of the time very hot, lots of dirt and birds' “bomb”. You simply don’t have time to wash them out. While I got home, the car was still shinny but if you look closely, you can find all diff kind of stuff on the body. I was expecting a lot of labor to clean them out, however, with just water rinsed it once, the car appears brand new again! I think I should share this with all the guys here so the guys on the fence could have one more option.

View attachment 425589 View attachment 425590 View attachment 425592View attachment 425591

On the road
View attachment 425594

Back home
View attachment 425596

After clean
View attachment 425607
View attachment 425620

View attachment 425616

View attachment 425589 View attachment 425590 View attachment 425592View attachment 425591

On the road
View attachment 425594

Back home
View attachment 425596

After clean
View attachment 425607
View attachment 425620

View attachment 425616
What type of coating and tint %?

Did you pay for the rims and windows extra? How the warranty works if something happens?

Not for the rims and windows. Or say yes, because I paid more than what's shown on Wetwerks' website body only price. But overall, I paid a lot less for the body, rim, mirror, windows, and tint than you add them all up from Wetwerks' website. For the warranty, they gave you a warranty card, you bring it back to do some kind refresh annually. I believe the warranty is lifetime (who's going to keep it for life? ;)) for new car and 7 (or 8) years for old car.

Not for the rims and windows. Or say yes, because I paid more than what's shown on Wetwerks' website body only price. But overall, I paid a lot less for the body, rim, mirror, windows, and tint than you add them all up from Wetwerks' website. For the warranty, they gave you a warranty card, you bring it back to do some kind refresh annually. I believe the warranty is lifetime (who's going to keep it for life? ;)) for new car and 7 (or 8) years for old car.
Keep in mind that every year you have to pay ~$150 to get it recoated. Compared to opticoat where it's permanent and there's no need to recoat annually.