Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver International Auto Show EV hi-lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I attended the Vancouver International Auto Show last night. It was nice to see Tesla finally put up a booth and showing off the P85D. Unfortunately the X wasn't out, but I didn't expect it. Their booth was packed with lots of folks, and it seemed they barely had enough staff to handle them, yet they had lots of staff. It was good to see. Accross the aisle, Sun Country also had their Model S out too.

There was a large EV presence this year. BC Scrap-t program and CEV for BC were out. Porsche's 918 PHEV was a few stalls down - absolutely gorgeous vehicle. Nissan had their bladeglider on display. That looks like a really fun car to drive, but don't expect to go on a date with it, due to the seating arrangements. Nissan Leaf was out. A couple Kia Soul EV's were out, with the one in the Kia floor opened up & it's recent award on the roof. Kinda felt a bit cheap though, with lots of plastic. Mitsubishi had a really neat version of their Outlander Plug in hybrid cut in half, showing all its guts, plus a real one for display to kick. It won't be in Canada until next year though they were telling me. Audi's A3 e-tron was also a really nice mini SUV, but again not here yet. The Mitsubishi iMiev felt a bit like a toy. Smart had a convertible and hardtop Fortwo EV. BMW's i8 was absolutely stunning to look at, the i3 was surprisingly cool too. Locally built Sparrow EV looked like a really fun single seater 3 wheeler. Several concept EV's and Plug in Hybrids.

Compared to previous years, there were tons of exotics as well. Really nice to see the McLarren's & Lambo's.

Overall well worth it if you can make it.