Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have experience with location charging from Victoria to Tofino? There seems to be a variety of J1772 installs in Port Alberini and Nanaimo but the comments on Plug Share are depressing. I have only ever had to use superchargers or home charging so I have no experience using these other chargers. There is one ChaDemo in Nanaimo but I'm not sure it is worth spending $450 for the adapter.

There is a Supercharger under construction just North of Nanaimo, near where the old and new Island Highways come back together. We stopped by there on the way to Tofino today, and were delighted to find that the station is almost finished. I talked to one of the workmen, and they indicated the work should be done by mid-July. The transformer is in place, and only final wiring, testing, and landscaping remain to be completed. The location is correctly indicated on Supercharge.info.

IMG_0948.jpg

It would be great if this site were to open next week. I hope someone will post as soon as they see it working. I think my trip will be OK without it, but.....it would be very reassuring to have it available before board the ferry to Vancouver.

There is a Supercharger under construction just North of Nanaimo, near where the old and new Island Highways come back together. We stopped by there on the way to Tofino today, and were delighted to find that the station is almost finished. I talked to one of the workmen, and they indicated the work should be done by mid-July. The transformer is in place, and only final wiring, testing, and landscaping remain to be completed. The location is correctly indicated on Supercharge.info.

View attachment 233343
Could I trouble you for a larger size photo, please?

PlugShare July 3rd 2022 entry: "Only 6/8 stations working 5 cars waiting to use."

Sound like expansion is needed in the area, but I guess that is true for anything near Vancouver.
I'm curious how the non teslas do it in BC... I got a CCS adapter for my Tesla a while ago, so on my last road trip to Canada, I thought I'd use it more up there, becuase I know the SC I normally go to in Richmond is always busy... However, it looked like there were next to no CCS chargers where I was. The few there were, were only 50kw... There was like a lone shell station near Burnaby that had decent CCS capability, but there's a v3 SC in Burnaby, as well... So I ended up not using CCS while in Canada at all... (Used it a ton on my road trip to California tho)

Now reported under construction in Port Alberni.
Not yet listed in supercharge.info

Reactions: ReddyLeaf
  • Informative
Reactions: Big Earl