TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Vancouver - new owner!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by KenN, Mar 19, 2014.

1. KenN

KenN Member

I just put away my plans to wait until next year. Several demo fleet cars went up for sale and I gave in to temptation!

Blue P85 - deposit paid, picking up within the next few days.

Wheee!

2. Canuck

Canuck Well-Known Member

Congratulations. I'd be interested in knowing the exact specs, mileage and cost.

3. Kalud

Kalud Active Member

Congrats!

4. visagrunt

visagrunt Member

What a great way to beat the wait!

If it's not a rude question, was there a price advantage?

5. DGates

DGates Member

Congrats! Maybe we'll see you at the drive up to Horseshoe Bay at the end of the month!

6. kizagjo

kizagjo Member

Congrats... this wait is killer...
    I'm down to my last month.. 27 days, ~20 hours...

7. KenN

KenN Member

Okay, that's just freaky. Paid the deposit this morning, and by lunch hour, the car is attached to my teslamotors.com account!

General build specs: the car is quite well appointed, almost exactly what I would have ordered anyhow. The list of what is not included is shorter than what is.

Does not have:

- plus (of course, otherwise it would be a P85+)
    - red brake cals
    - air suspension
    - interior lighting upgrade

Car was built/shipped as a loaner/demo in December 2013, so about 4 months old. There was about a 9% haircut off the list price for this one. That's pretty much what kicked me into motion. As of Sunday just past, there were 9 demo cars for sale. I just finalized one, there was another couple grabbing another at the same time as me this morning! It seems these demo cars move fast (pun intended).

- - - Updated - - -

I'm gonna try! Looks like mid-week next week I'll be getting it. I ordered a wheel upgrade so they will be shipped from factory.

8. Liz G

Liz G P03056

Not freaky. That's the way Tesla works.

Welcome to the group and I wish many happy miles of gas free travel.

9. pairtrader

pairtrader Member

Congrats. I'm picking up my Blue S85 Wednesday and live in Kits. I saw two MS's yesterday and one today on the west side. I understand that there will be close to 30 delivered in March so they are definitely becoming a common sight.

10. KenN

KenN Member

Yeah, on Tuesday when I put down my deposit there were at least a dozen new cars in the lot with the plastic still covering the upholstery!

11. pairtrader

pairtrader Member

I was at the Vancouver service center today to visit my car and there were THIRTY cars there. I think 2 or 3 were test drive vehicles, but the rest were being picked up this week. They are doing at least 4 pickups per day for the rest of March. I met a friend there and he put down a deposit.

12. rjcbox

rjcbox Member

Congrats!!!

13. visagrunt

visagrunt Member

I must go and look for mine.... Delivery in 4 days, 23 hours and 56 minutes....

14. kbeckley

kbeckley Member

The Toronto East service is much the same with >20 cars sitting in the lot to be delivered this week. I have never seen so many S's in one place except for the group meets.