TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Vancouver owners thankyou event Dec 1 '13

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Morristhecat, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Morristhecat

Morristhecat Member

I got an email invitation from the new SC Product Speciallist to a thankyou event for owners, families and enthusiasts on Dec 1st at Park Royal. Sounds like a fun social event on our favourite subject.

I think I'll check it out. Any other forum members get the invitation and plan to attend?

2. Grassy Knoel

Grassy Knoel Member

Got the invite but waiting for the Superchargers to be up and running before I challenge the mountain passes.

3. SteveW25561

SteveW25561 Member

I'm planning to go.

4. DGates

DGates Member

I should be there with my wife and son. Sounds fun.

5. Dutchie

Dutchie Member

I will probably be there with my family, so nice of Tesla to invite me even though I canceled my MX reservation. I am afraid of the consequences though. I mean, they are great cars but still, putting down $80-$100 K for a car! My current car is a Hyundai Santa Fe which probably the most expensive car I have ever bought. I don't like. It is reliable but the mileage is poor and I don't like the service bills either.
    Yes, I have made the calculations on the Tesla and doing so makes the investment more bearable but it still is a huge amount of money which might be used for more sensible things like paying down the mortgage or save for retirement.
    By going to the meeting I am afraid that I will be pushed more in taking the plunge. I canceled my MX reservation as I might go back in again later or wait for Gen 3. I keep lurking on this site and read stories about people in similar situation stating that it is the best decision they have made etc. Oh man, decisions, decisions.....

6. Morristhecat

Morristhecat Member

He he, you'll just have to go for a test drive when you come then eh! :)

7. Morristhecat

Morristhecat Member

I got an email indicating they are changing the venue, since Cactus Club has reached capacity. Now it is 1 hr earlier at 10am and at Fairmont Waterfront. Nicer venue, but expensive parking. Kind of eliminates the potential of mingling around the S's too... Can't say I am too pleased about the extra hour earlier, as I have a bit of a conflict in my schedule now. Hmmm...

8. Dutchie

Dutchie Member

I guess They must have made a split as my invitation stated from 12 to 2 pm.

9. Morristhecat

Morristhecat Member

#9 Morristhecat, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
    Interesting, so at least 2 groups, from 10-12 and 12-2. So if I have a conflict in the morning, it isn't so bad if I don't get there until 11.

I also noticed on the Fairmont website the following:
    "ELECTRIC CAR AND HYBRID PARKING
    The Fairmont Waterfront supports your decision to drive a more environmentally friendly car and is happy to extend complimentary parking for Electric Cars and a 50% discount for Hybrid Vehicles (Maximum one car per room).""

Found out is it one free parking spot per room. Good luck!! :)

10. DGates

DGates Member

Hmm. I have a conflict in the morning too. I wouldn't make it until 11:30 or so and was wondering if it was even worth it. Maybe we'll still drop by.

11. Morristhecat

Morristhecat Member