Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver owners thankyou event Dec 1 '13

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got an email invitation from the new SC Product Speciallist to a thankyou event for owners, families and enthusiasts on Dec 1st at Park Royal. Sounds like a fun social event on our favourite subject.

I think I'll check it out. Any other forum members get the invitation and plan to attend?

I will probably be there with my family, so nice of Tesla to invite me even though I canceled my MX reservation. I am afraid of the consequences though. I mean, they are great cars but still, putting down $80-$100 K for a car! My current car is a Hyundai Santa Fe which probably the most expensive car I have ever bought. I don't like. It is reliable but the mileage is poor and I don't like the service bills either.
Yes, I have made the calculations on the Tesla and doing so makes the investment more bearable but it still is a huge amount of money which might be used for more sensible things like paying down the mortgage or save for retirement.
By going to the meeting I am afraid that I will be pushed more in taking the plunge. I canceled my MX reservation as I might go back in again later or wait for Gen 3. I keep lurking on this site and read stories about people in similar situation stating that it is the best decision they have made etc. Oh man, decisions, decisions.....

I got an email indicating they are changing the venue, since Cactus Club has reached capacity. Now it is 1 hr earlier at 10am and at Fairmont Waterfront. Nicer venue, but expensive parking. Kind of eliminates the potential of mingling around the S's too... Can't say I am too pleased about the extra hour earlier, as I have a bit of a conflict in my schedule now. Hmmm...

Interesting, so at least 2 groups, from 10-12 and 12-2. So if I have a conflict in the morning, it isn't so bad if I don't get there until 11.

I also noticed on the Fairmont website the following:
"ELECTRIC CAR AND HYBRID PARKING
The Fairmont Waterfront supports your decision to drive a more environmentally friendly car and is happy to extend complimentary parking for Electric Cars and a 50% discount for Hybrid Vehicles (Maximum one car per room).""

Found out is it one free parking spot per room. Good luck!! :)

Last edited: